Login

russian armor

Cut Med bunker?

2 Apr 2017, 18:22 PM

With the recent changes to med packs, I dont think med bunker is a must build anymore. for 15 munitions med packs now give a full heal on demand. Other than micro tax, I don't think there really is a downside to spamming these packs instead of building a med bunker.

It takes 4 uses to break even with med bunker, after that it does start to sink munitions, but that 150 mp save is a big deal, thats like another unit you can build.

These thoughts are preliminary, what do you guys think?
2 Apr 2017, 20:30 PM

This change opens up the possibility of interesting strategies where a player might implement medkits instead of the med bunker early on; thus saving the MP for more units, as well as providing more map control via on-field healing. A player will still have to back tech to a med bunker later if he doesn´t want to bleed munitions in the late game however.
3 Apr 2017, 08:35 AM

I could imagine a decent strat vs USF could be osttruppen spam, supported by a 251HT for quick replenishment and on site healing rather than retreating to the med-bunker.

Used right this could give a serious initial push for map control in the early game and would put deprive the us player of any serious counters until the stuart.
10 Apr 2017, 23:31 PM

Sounds good on paper but in practice nope. Prefer to save munitions for MGs on grens, flamethrows and schreks. There are some situations when it's useful like healing your sniper, or mortar ,etc but I wouldn't make it into a strategy.
11 Apr 2017, 04:57 AM

Sounds good on paper but in practice nope. Prefer to save munitions for MGs on grens, flamethrows and schreks. There are some situations when it's useful like healing your sniper, or mortar ,etc but I wouldn't make it into a strategy.

I like to use it on 4-3 member squads lategame so i dont have to retreat as often.
11 Apr 2017, 06:03 AM

Med bunker is always needed since late game is where your troops bleed a lot (Tank shells + Arty rounds + mines + etc.). You can delay the med bunker now, like you don't have to immediately build it after getting BP1 like Wehrmacht players used to do to keep units alive (I still recommend build it before the first armour arrives, which about 10 - 12 minute mark, so you can save up MU for fausting + additional Tellers). I would call the medkit buff the best buff to Wehrmacht infantries' survivalbility and map presence so far, but that doesn't make med bunker useless... you still need it at some times during the match.‎
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★