Login

russian armor

need build order ideas

30 Jul 2013, 08:46 AM

Permanently Banned
Hi guys.
So as the title says i need a good build order or just interesting about yours.
I usually DID 2 gren 2 mg and teching for t2 for scout car( maybe + halftrack or pggren) then go for p4. But now against high lvl player i feel p4 is begin to useless.( su85 easily rape it and su players usually dont go t3, not mention p4 nerf is coming)

Now i want to try something like this:
2 gren 2 mg then go t2 for 2x pggren( with+9 % veterancy it is pretty good),halftrack
and be agressive to get fast CP-s then call in Tiger or go for t4. + mortal from t1 if needed.
My bulletins are: veteran training infatry, +10 % suppression for hmg, +9 % pggren vet.
Commanders: Joint Operation, Tiger one with tactical smoke, and jaeger inf.

you guys what usually do?

edit: + sometimes ostwind good to if there are pggrens with shreks.
30 Jul 2013, 17:27 PM

I usually start with 2 grens 1 MG, 1 gren then tech to T2. At that point my builds are situational based on what I've noticed from my opponent. AKA is he spamming conscripts, did he go T1 or T2 etc.

The Riegel mine and a supported PIV can really mess up an SU-85. Especially if your PIV has vet so that you can use blitzkrieg and smoke to get in behind him fast. If you have good indirect fire options you can force his support away (incendiary barrage is great for this).
1 Aug 2013, 00:06 AM

Gren Gren MG Gren MG
T2 HT/SC depending on opponent, PG, Pak/Mortar, PG/Pak
T3 (choose commander) Stug vs early T3, P4 if youre not sure, Ostwind vs inf spam or if youve denied alot of fuel, Mortar HT until:
T4: Probably should have the game sewn up by then, one way or the other.

Ost is mainly about reactionary play, without the proper counters in time you can get steamrolled. I dont stick to any BO's rigidly though, no plan survives contact with the enemy.
1 Aug 2013, 15:15 PM

if you dont see any sclown cars, then dont build any t2 vehicles, build a fuel cashe and get to t3 asap because a t70 is coming very very soon =).

in all other instances, expect su85s. for that you want shreck pgrens and a ht to drive them behind the su85. mortar/mg/pak to push forward... there will be snipers picking at your mg/pak, so have grens pushing forward to keep sniper moving...if he has maxims, this becomes harder to coordinate, but thats why you have a mortar.

1 Aug 2013, 18:29 PM

I like to go: gren gren gren mg. I find that grens stand up to conscripts much better than volks did against rifles in vcoh, so the MG is not as essential in the early game.

If I see some heavy clown car or sniper use, I get T2. If not I get a couple more grens while I save up to go straight to T3 to get a P4. If by this point, I don't see any Soviet T3 units, I backtech to T2 right away in anticipation of the Su85, and get AT guns and shrecked Pgrens.
1 Aug 2013, 19:41 PM
Donator 11

i always go mg first, if you cap a sector with it, and then have a pio or a gren to scout for it, you can much more aggressive, than with 4 gren-start!
1 Aug 2013, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2013, 15:15 PMscheme
if you dont see any sclown cars, then dont build any t2 vehicles, build a fuel cashe and get to t3 asap because a t70 is coming very very soon =).

Flame HT as a shock unit will delay hit teching or push him off the map though- personally I feel its worth cutting his T3 off at the knees rather than waiting for it to come out THEN counter.
Two
1 Aug 2013, 23:46 PM

Pioneer

Pioneer

Pioneer

Pioneer

Pioneer

T2

Scoutcar

Scoutcar

Scoutcar

PROFIT???????
2 Aug 2013, 00:27 AM

I have been a big fan of getting two mgs right from the start and sending them to a part of the map your opponent needs such as a fuel point. If you point the machine guns at one another they are impossible to flank, and they will beat any number of starter units. The only disadvantage being that you are going to fall behind on the cap race.

After that, I get grenadiers, many many grenadiers at least 2-3 and then get tier 2. If I see an opportunity, I will get a fast flammentrack to harass infantry. Then panzergrenadiers.

At this point in the game I am moving my grenadiers and machine gun crews in pairs (1mg 1grenadier). If you attack move them together they can clean up the usual infantry fare. Many players I deal with can't handle it, but some can. For those players, you need to make use of your light vehicles or possibly get a sniper/mortar.

I don't worry about su-85s so much anymore as I usually ignore getting tier3, or any medium armor whatsoever. The next thing my fuel goes to is a tiger, elephant or panther. This means my army is mostly infantry, leaving the su-85 as a counter unit with nothing to counter. There's not much the soviets can do about it short of getting a KV-1, but I rarely see that.

I'm not going to pretend that I always win, but this strategy generally feels like a successful one for me and one I have settled on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★