Login

russian armor

please someone Help map upload issue !!

22 Mar 2017, 23:01 PM

ok cheers Bacon your a legend mate.
23 Mar 2017, 23:16 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Ah I responded to the wrong thread I think, make sure to NEVER have any spaces in your names and if possible don't put the player amounts in the name either. You only need it in the scenario properties. Sometimes it won't upload if your map name is past a certain character limit.
26 Mar 2017, 18:27 PM
Developer Relic Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Mar 2017, 23:16 PMTric
Ah I responded to the wrong thread I think, make sure to NEVER have any spaces in your names and if possible don't put the player amounts in the name either. You only need it in the scenario properties. Sometimes it won't upload if your map name is past a certain character limit.

I thought this first time around, but I managed to publish it myself. Usually the error log will tell you if the name is too long, and numbers in the file names seems to make no difference.

Still not entirely sure what it is that's causing the issue, unless the software is just taking too long to process it (it took much longer than normal on my own machine).
26 Mar 2017, 22:05 PM

I thought this first time around, but I managed to publish it myself. Usually the error log will tell you if the name is too long, and numbers in the file names seems to make no difference.

Still not entirely sure what it is that's causing the issue, unless the software is just taking too long to process it (it took much longer than normal on my own machine).

Hi Bacon
the message is only displayed for about 5-10 seconds then goes.
26 Mar 2017, 22:12 PM
Developer Relic Badge

And the .sga file isn't created or updated in your documents/my games/company of heroes 2/mods/scenarios folder?

Try to publish it again and check in that folder for a file of the same name. It should show the "Date Modified"; check to see if it's moments ago.
26 Mar 2017, 22:43 PM

And the .sga file isn't created or updated in your documents/my games/company of heroes 2/mods/scenarios folder?

Try to publish it again and check in that folder for a file of the same name. It should show the "Date Modified"; check to see if it's moments ago.

you cracked it when you said no spaces or numbers in file name and brackets i just changed all files withought numbers or spaces and it uploaded straight away you realy are a legend Bacon:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:(:(:(
27 Mar 2017, 07:26 AM
Developer Relic Badge

you cracked it when you said no spaces or numbers in file name and brackets i just changed all files withought numbers or spaces and it uploaded straight away

Hahaha, that was Tric's suggestion. I've honestly never had an issue with this before, but I imagine it's the spaces.

Thanks for persevering through this! Another bug for the list!

Keep on mapping!
27 Mar 2017, 12:09 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Glad it worked for you, it was most certainly the spaces, I don't think you were past the character limit for an upload. Just as a rule of thumb, when you are saving any files ever, use "_" for the space. Will save you a lot of future grief. GL with your map. Can't wait for you to share.
27 Mar 2017, 14:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2017, 12:09 PMTric
Glad it worked for you, it was most certainly the spaces, I don't think you were past the character limit for an upload. Just as a rule of thumb, when you are saving any files ever, use "_" for the space. Will save you a lot of future grief. GL with your map. Can't wait for you to share.

Thanx Tric.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS