Login

russian armor

I want to love CoH2 - the Seven-Year itch

29 Jul 2013, 16:32 PM
Patrion 14

Hello.

I like CoH2. However, despite a near seven-year addiction to the franchise I feel my passion waning. I keep looking at other games out of the corner of my eye, imagining what it would be like to spend more time with them. I'm also seeing an old flame occasionally, on the QT (she's called vCoH).

Why is this? How can I keep the love alive? I'm hardly a flash-in-the-pan or fairweather CoH fan. And there's lots I love about CoH2. I just want to get our mojo back.

So, community, what's the problem? My old squeeze had a makeover and has sashayed back through the door with new features and a new story. I should be like a dog with a bone.

My digital relationship counsellor and I have talked it through. We've identified the following issues:

1. 1 V 1 is too predictable. Remember, I'm a pretty average player. I can hold my own in that level 10-14 arena pretty well. But 1 V 1 seems pretty fixed (he builds 'A' and I have to build 'B'). Is it that I'm too impatient for a new meta to evolve? Or is it that CoH2 is too fixated on clearly defined counters? My suspicions are confirmed a bit when I watch replays - there is nowhere near the level of innovation that vCoH had.

2. Maps. The map roster is lacklustre compared to CoH2. FFS there's only *one* urban map (OK, I like C17 but where is the Sturzdorf or Lorraine 1 v 1 / 2 V 2 maps?).

3. Commanders. Either I'm not really exploiting the features or too many of them are fillers (sprint? Really?).

4. Last but not least... The Lobby. My old squeeze liked me having folks around and meeting new people. My new one insists on using Steam and hates me hanging out choosing my own scene. This, perhaps more than any other reason, is stopping me figuring out my issues with 1, 2 & 3.

So, perhaps I need to L2P. Or perhaps I'm too impatient. Perhaps the lack of a clue as to where we're going next is a problem (although she's told a few selected folks who ask me to take their word *a bit too often* ).

But if someone like me is flagging, what about genuine noobs?

Discuss.

29 Jul 2013, 16:40 PM

There should be a patch this week, can't you atleast wait until after that to complain.
29 Jul 2013, 16:42 PM
Patrion 14

Your comprehension skills are lacking as you completely missed the point of my post.
29 Jul 2013, 16:45 PM

1 V 1 is too predictable.You are too impatient.it isEasy too play creative with true sight which most player to not really use for their advatage.
29 Jul 2013, 17:19 PM

Hello.

I like CoH2.

And there's lots I love about CoH2.

What IS the point of the post? You need other people to give you arguments to love/like CoH2 even more? You need other people to tell you you are a noob?
29 Jul 2013, 17:27 PM

As a genuine noob here, I have a little bit to add.

I did not directly see COH1, so I have little to compare this to. I'm loving the game: figuring out how it works, which units are good and bad at what, trying to figure out where I went wrong (or where my opponent went wrong) and trying to get the most mileage out of my units.

I am currently quite engrossed in the game, and see myself being so for quite a long time. Most of your complaints don't resonate with me, as I'm still learning the game mechanically and don't pine for the meta of yore as you do.

Your maps complaint I think is somewhat valid. There aren't a lot of maps, and several of the maps are just winter versions of other maps. But the game hasn't been out long, and Relic never releases tons of maps for their games (if DOW2 is any indication of this). that'll probably be the easiest change for them to implement, and they've already indicated that more maps are incoming.

I can't speak to commanders too much yet, I don't have enough games under my belt with each one. I do find some of their abilities forgettable, but this can be fixed either with balance, or shifting meta.

So, while 7 year veterans might have flagging interests, this stone cold noob is finding a lot to keep him occupied :)
29 Jul 2013, 17:49 PM
Patrion 14

What IS the point of the post? You need other people to give you arguments to love/like CoH2 even more? You need other people to tell you you are a noob?

You see, it's this level of love and constructive engagement that makes this forum such a special place to post sometimes.
29 Jul 2013, 18:55 PM

You are part of that BeltFedWombat, as Omega_Warrior tried to help you on point number one and two, but you were extremely rude to him.

Besides that, your post makes very little sense as loving something intensively is something we cannot help you with. If you don't like the game enough to continue to play it, then quit and move on. We cannot force you to like it enough. Patches can. This is why Omega_Warrior's post was quite helpful for you.
29 Jul 2013, 19:33 PM

You are part of that BeltFedWombat, as Omega_Warrior tried to help you on point number one and two, but you were extremely rude to him.

Besides that, your post makes very little sense as loving something intensively is something we cannot help you with. If you don't like the game enough to continue to play it, then quit and move on. We cannot force you to like it enough. Patches can. This is why Omega_Warrior's post was quite helpful for you.

i don't know why, but every time i see you post, you miss the point entirely.

he asked, and i quote, "How can I keep the love alive?".

saying to "at least wait for a patch before complaining" is not an adequate answer. neither is calling him a noob.

as for me, i also loved vCoH and am discontent with the state the game is currently in. i have also been eyeballing other games, and might come back to CoH2 in a few months when features have been added. so, i cannot tell you how to keep the love alive, but taking a step back and appreciating other games might actually help.
29 Jul 2013, 20:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2013, 19:33 PMcr4wler

i don't know why, but every time i see you post, you miss the point entirely.

he asked, and i quote, "How can I keep the love alive?".

saying to "at least wait for a patch before complaining" is not an adequate answer. neither is calling him a noob.

as for me, i also loved vCoH and am discontent with the state the game is currently in. i have also been eyeballing other games, and might come back to CoH2 in a few months when features have been added. so, i cannot tell you how to keep the love alive, but taking a step back and appreciating other games might actually help.

Omega_warrior's post was extremely helpful as he indicated a new patch will be here soon, which possibly means new 1v1 maps (point one) and a new meta game (point two).

Guess what? Tomorrow, a new 1v1 map and other updates will make changes in favor of BeltFedWombat's love for CoH2. Nobody called him a noob. BeltFedWombat himself suggested he might be a noob by saying "perhaps I need to L2P".

Other than that, you didn't post anything new to help him either.
29 Jul 2013, 20:14 PM

I haven't touched the game since the 13th... so I understand. Maybe play some other games, that's what i've been doing, and keep an eye for patches and new features being added. I know I'll end up playing coh2 a lot but it's really missing a lot of features of its predecessor at the moment which is drawing me away. The whole missing leaderboards argument isn't the best one IMO, however, I'm kind of slowly realizing crawling past those levels gave me something to do and was kind of like the shiny little badge saying you could kick ass up to a certain point. I do miss that quite a bit.
29 Jul 2013, 20:24 PM

I feel the same way beltfed, but maybe cuz im older and just dont have time to invest into the game. I see streamers playing for 8-9 hours straight, even when I was younger that was hard for me. But I just entered in the esl tourny!!! Making it competitve and creating some goals for myself has just revived me a whole bunch! Now I got to practice and try strats for both factions which will keep me very interested.
29 Jul 2013, 20:48 PM
Patrion 14

I feel the same way beltfed, but maybe cuz im older

LOL I'm 44 next month!
29 Jul 2013, 21:16 PM

some map are really one side favored, example of consentration of VP's and fuel point on the one side,

or VP and only munnition were chocked by the rivers for a specific spawn location.

Offers a chocked point to cut-off one-side's all resourses...

some maps are really horrible
29 Jul 2013, 21:17 PM

ooops, double posts..
29 Jul 2013, 22:16 PM

Oh man I do know how you feel. I uninstalled a few weeks ago. Maybe Ill play again when something exciting changes, but I feel your anguish as I used to have 3 day marathons with vcoh. There just seemed like an unending amount of new strats you could come up with, remember jeep/bike spam lol!!Pio spam! KETTEN SPAM! Even vet 3 stug spam...sigh. Now its all rushing to p4s and su 85s gameover bleh
29 Jul 2013, 22:45 PM

I feel ya. I am playing only sporadically right now, waiting for some updates and the meta to change. It is not a bad idea to play some other games. Remember, you have to bang a 4 to appreciate an 8 :p
30 Jul 2013, 00:38 AM

I feel ya. I am playing only sporadically right now, waiting for some updates and the meta to change. It is not a bad idea to play some other games. Remember, you have to bang a 4 to appreciate an 8 :p

I completely feel the same thing, especially when you go up the levels only to find yourself against strafe spam...

Now that's gone, I wouldn't mind hopping back to COH2 though.
30 Jul 2013, 06:16 AM

Omega_warrior's post was extremely helpful as he indicated a new patch will be here soon, which possibly means new 1v1 maps (point one) and a new meta game (point two).

Guess what? Tomorrow, a new 1v1 map and other updates will make changes in favor of BeltFedWombat's love for CoH2. Nobody called him a noob. BeltFedWombat himself suggested he might be a noob by saying "perhaps I need to L2P".

Other than that, you didn't post anything new to help him either.

a simple patch won't "force him to love coh2" like you said. it might, it just might add stuff that would make the game more enjoyable, but theres no guarantee for that.

you called him a noob (or, rhetorically asked him whether he wanted you to call him a noob, which is basically the same thing).

as you can see from the rest of the posts in this thread,the other people understood what he meant. and whether my post is helpful or not is up to OP i think.

PLS dude, next time before you post, think twice about it. if it ain't a nice post, don't post at all.
30 Jul 2013, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2013, 06:16 AMcr4wler

a simple patch won't "force him to love coh2" like you said. it might, it just might add stuff that would make the game more enjoyable, but theres no guarantee for that.

you called him a noob (or, rhetorically asked him whether he wanted you to call him a noob, which is basically the same thing).

as you can see from the rest of the posts in this thread,the other people understood what he meant. and whether my post is helpful or not is up to OP i think.

PLS dude, next time before you post, think twice about it. if it ain't a nice post, don't post at all.

I advice you to read posts twice before you respond and try to correct them even though you are mistaken, which is quite consistently on this forum. Still, it is up to me to decide what type of posts I make. If admins feel a post is too harsh I am sure they will remove it or warn me without getting your consent first.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 62
unknown 26
United States 12
Germany 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %