Login

russian armor

My WWII veteran grandpa is dying.

10 Mar 2017, 08:18 AM

He died early in the morning earlier today. I think it's hard on my mom.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you and your mother are okay.
10 Mar 2017, 11:27 AM

I'm not going to lie. I've been crying like a big baby since losing him.
10 Mar 2017, 11:34 AM
Donator 11

I'm not going to lie. I've been crying like a big baby since losing him.

Sorry for your loss. Your grandpa sounded like a boss =)
10 Mar 2017, 12:00 PM

Sorry for your loss. Your grandpa sounded like a boss =)

He was. He was a great person. After the war, he dedicated his life to "peace" as much as he could. He was even against the first Gulf War, even if the whole nation was in favor of it.

He had seen too much war for one man's life alone. He dedicated his life to peace, even if he was heavily invested in "war" early into life. His church even erected a "peace pole" due to how much effort him and his wife had done to advancing "peace" in their lifetimes.

I wish I had been a better grandson, that's all I can say. Without the old man in the picture, life is hard.

There isn't a single person on my mom's side of the family who had the same appreciation for "history" as my grandpa. And it's sad because this nation, as a whole, has cultivated itself to denigrate people who actually know wtf they're talking about.

I got a 4 year degree in Criminal Justice, but no one gives a "FLYING FUCK" what I have to say about our nations CCJ system, if it runs counter-intuitive to people like Amiri King or Tomi Lahren.

I think the old man was saddened by the time he died, with how much the country had denigrated people who were actual "experts" in their field, and instead favored charlatans, and people who had no "educational backround" to talk about, what they were talking about.

Even if he was 97, I know I should expect him to be close to dying by then, but the man was truly a national treasure, and I have not taken it easy. I wish I hadn't been such a PISS POOR GRAND CHILD looking back, I wish I had done more while he was with us on planet earth.
10 Mar 2017, 14:12 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Please accept our condolences on your loss. RIP
10 Mar 2017, 22:03 PM

Baruch dayan emet.
10 Mar 2017, 22:09 PM

I remember my grandfather dying, it was painful but I never felt like he went away, I still feel he is with me. I am sure your grandfather is still with you too.

My sincere condolences to you my friend. Be strong!
26 Mar 2017, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Mar 2017, 22:03 PMAvNY

Baruch dayan emet.

BTW I'm not really Jewish, I just have this name kinda sorta.
26 Mar 2017, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Mar 2017, 07:53 AMCafo
At least you knew him, my great grandfather was a WW2 hero and my grandfather barely even knew him lol...i barely know anything about him except his purple heart,medals and that he was somewhere on the western front. Also, my family discovered he had a sizeable weapons cache in his basement, hand grenades and all.

+1

grandpa were fighting in the german side in elite divizion, both dead.
better suffer when he die than never know him.
26 Mar 2017, 22:08 PM

Very sadness, i hope it was quiet and painless. I wish you and your mom to find powers to overcome this sadness. My english is not so good to built hard sentences. Dobra i spokoystviya vam oboim.
28 Mar 2017, 20:39 PM

BTW I'm not really Jewish, I just have this name kinda sorta.

In this sad world there are few who would voluntarily use a name like that.

What I wrote translated is "blessed is the judge of truth". Something you say as a condolence when someone loses a loved one. I guess some find comfort in it.

28 Mar 2017, 22:55 PM

If he was at Anzio, then he was probably a part of the 3rd ID, 34th ID, or 36th ID, or one of the attached units (36th Engineer BDE., 601st TD Bn., 751st Tank Bn.). I have much respect for anyone who served as a part of the Rock of the Marne--it was probably one of our best divisions. All of the units in the Anzio beachhead fought like lions.

May he rest in peace.
28 Mar 2017, 23:23 PM

I think people who fought in ww2 were lucky, it was the last war were courage and valor were important, now it's about drones and missiles.
Sorry for your loss,least u get to have some aweome memories.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★