Login

russian armor

Can we make Relic add to USF the shermah 76 mm gun

11 Mar 2017, 13:24 PM

exactly thats why we need 76 mm gun or K.A.K m4c we need it back to at least kill panzer iv easier

It would be a bigger problem for the an upgrade for the Soviets T-34, since more commanders have the 85 than the USF have the EZ8.

But still, if the USF get an upgrade for the 76mm gun like in CoH, the EZ8 could just remain a better version of the Sherman that can be called in in groups again or something.

The USF would still have a more beefed up Sherman, capable of semi-taking on the Panther, and have the better at taking out Armor Jackson.

I really wish to see a Jumbo in the game one day tho.

The USF just does not have enough meatshields, not that the UKF and Soviets do, but at least the Churchill and KV1 SORT OF fill that role, they're underperforming but it's better than nothing.
11 Mar 2017, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Mar 2017, 12:10 PMnee
If you add in 76mm vanilla Sherman it defeats the purpose of a DLC commander's unique call in vehicle; I also recall that medium tanks are not in the scope of the WBP mod.
i mean even if they add the 76 mm gun upgrade some people might still get rifle company for more armored sherman more health and more pen the 76 mm gun is just a small buff vs panzer iv
11 Mar 2017, 13:27 PM

The soviet m4c is the 76mm version. This one can be seen a bit more.
the m4c is the m4A3 but they change it to a quicker game
11 Mar 2017, 13:36 PM

the m4c is the m4A3 but they change it to a quicker game

Theoretically, M4C is M4A2 - because the USSR used diesel as the main fuel. And M4C - such a strange name in Russia it was never used, maybe it's from the word "Emcha"? It's called M4
11 Mar 2017, 15:13 PM

Theoretically, M4C is M4A2 - because the USSR used diesel as the main fuel. And M4C - such a strange name in Russia it was never used, maybe it's from the word "Emcha"? It's called M4
yeah but what do you think will they give it again on USF
11 Mar 2017, 15:30 PM

yeah but what do you think will they give it again on USF

I think M4A3E8 or M4A3(76) should be removed from the doctrine (it would be cool to replace Sherman Jumbo, but this will not happen. Or Pershing) and put in T4 but you need to pay fuel for unlock
11 Mar 2017, 15:46 PM

I think M4A3E8 or M4A3(76) should be removed from the doctrine (it would be cool to replace Sherman Jumbo, but this will not happen. Or Pershing) and put in T4 but you need to pay fuel for unlock
as i heard they might add the 76 mm gun sherman upgrade non commander at the winter ballance
11 Mar 2017, 15:52 PM

Depends on Relic
how did oyu found out tat info
11 Mar 2017, 16:01 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

as i heard they might add the 76 mm gun sherman upgrade non commander at the winter ballance

Wrong. There is no plan to add 76mm Sherman in WBP. I only quoted opinion of TheMashine from other thread. It is only opinion, not future plans.

how did oyu found out tat info

It means, that every change, which Community Balance Team want to add to the game, need to be approved by Relic. My opinion based on their posts, and patchnote (1.7 iirc) intro, where was explained, why some changes to the light vehicle were removed.

11 Mar 2017, 16:03 PM

Wrong. There is no plan to add 76mm Sherman in WBP. I only quoted opinion of TheMashine from other thread. It is only opinion, not future plans.

It means, that every change, which Community Balance Team want to add to the game, need to be approved by Relic. My opinion based on their posts, and patchnote (1.7 iirc) intro, where was explained, why some changes to the light vehicle were removed.

so we have to rely on mods then
12 Mar 2017, 15:48 PM

do you want to make a mod and add it ???
nee
12 Mar 2017, 16:46 PM

But still, if the USF get an upgrade for the 76mm gun like in CoH, the EZ8 could just remain a better version of the Sherman that can be called in in groups again or something.

So make even more further changes to other units, just so one change would make more sense?

The USF would still have a more beefed up Sherman, capable of semi-taking on the Panther, and have the better at taking out Armour Jackson.
You're confusing armour and armament. The latter you have not one, but four options. USF doesn't need a fifth just because someone wants to stick to Shermans.

In terms of armour, I believe the COH2 Churchill variant is about 110mm think, a smidge above the Jumbo's 4in. KV-1 has 90mm. If we're going to make them scale, then Jumbo would have to perform with the damage soak of Churchill. Which means hideous imbalance given what USF has. You're better off letting them make King Tigers.
12 Mar 2017, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2017, 16:46 PMnee

So make even more further changes to other units, just so one change would make more sense?

You're confusing armour and armament. The latter you have not one, but four options. USF doesn't need a fifth just because someone wants to stick to Shermans.
dont call it changes call it better ballance ok for me thats ballance for USF there might be a lot of people who wont like it everyone has his opinion
nee
12 Mar 2017, 16:58 PM

They are changes. If they balance the game right, then I'll call it balance. Otherwise I want the game balanced and have 1 popcap free King Tigers and you should respect my opinion.

There are multiple mods out there that let you gain either 76mm Sherman or Easy Eight without needing to choose commanders. I've tried them, though I can't remember them all by name. What they do is just let you play the game like you already chose Riflemen Company.
12 Mar 2017, 17:27 PM

Yes i tried to find mods but they gave you extra stuff if you know mods that ONLY add the 76 mm gun please tell the game
12 Mar 2017, 17:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2017, 16:58 PMnee
They are changes. If they balance the game right, then I'll call it balance. Otherwise I want the game balanced and have 1 popcap free King Tigers and you should respect my opinion.

There are multiple mods out there that let you gain either 76mm Sherman or Easy Eight without needing to choose commanders. I've tried them, though I can't remember them all by name. What they do is just let you play the game like you already chose Riflemen Company.
and. Yes if they give 76 mm gun i would help usf
MMX
12 Mar 2017, 18:18 PM

man, really sounds as if you have some kinky fetish for 76mm guns...

don't think this is ever gonna happen, nor should it. the easy eight is already in the game, isn't that enough to satisfy your obsession?
12 Mar 2017, 18:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2017, 18:18 PMMMX
man, really sounds as if you have some kinky fetish for 76mm guns...

don't think this is ever gonna happen, nor should it. the easy eight is already in the game, isn't that enough to satisfy your obsession?
so yeah if you are lossing a powerfull gun from coh1 and now your sherman gets killed i think we deserve it
12 Mar 2017, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Mar 2017, 16:46 PMnee

In terms of armour, I believe the COH2 Churchill variant is about 110mm think, a smidge above the Jumbo's 4in. KV-1 has 90mm. If we're going to make them scale, then Jumbo would have to perform with the damage soak of Churchill. Which means hideous imbalance given what USF has. You're better off letting them make King Tigers.

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Back when the USF was the Allied underdog it had shit everything, no terminator vet 3 for Rifles, no mortar, no nothing, they were an extremely micro intensive Army with shit almost everything.

And their tanks are still shit, this time around however they have superior infantry and support compared to everyone else.

And before the Pershing, talks of the Jumbo and up-armored 76mm Shermans were still going on.

And I still support the idea of having an upgrade to upgun the Shermans and getting a Jumbo in the game via a commander for the USF, the USF just needs more meatshield tanks in order to protect their Jacksons which are very fragile glass cannons on tracks, and the Pershing doesn't really fit that role, but a Jumbo would.

As far as the Churchill goes, I am not sure where you got your information, but the Churchill variant in the game, the Mark VII had 175mms of armor, that's more than the Tiger tank, you can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill_tank#Tanks

Of course there is info on that outside of Wikipedia but I'm just too lazy to go get it.

The Churchill Mark VII was the most heavily armored Allied tank of the entire war I believe.

Anyhow, both Soviets and UKF have their meatshield variants of tanks already in the game, Brits have the Churchill, and the Soviets have their KVs so I don't see the problem of nerfing the USF infantry and giving their tank force a bit of a buff in order to balance things out.
12 Mar 2017, 21:51 PM

I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Back when the USF was the Allied underdog it had shit everything, no terminator vet 3 for Rifles, no mortar, no nothing, they were an extremely micro intensive Army with shit almost everything.

And their tanks are still shit, this time around however they have superior infantry and support compared to everyone else.

And before the Pershing, talks of the Jumbo and up-armored 76mm Shermans were still going on.

And I still support the idea of having an upgrade to upgun the Shermans and getting a Jumbo in the game via a commander for the USF, the USF just needs more meatshield tanks in order to protect their Jacksons which are very fragile glass cannons on tracks, and the Pershing doesn't really fit that role, but a Jumbo would.

As far as the Churchill goes, I am not sure where you got your information, but the Churchill variant in the game, the Mark VII had 175mms of armor, that's more than the Tiger tank, you can read more about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Churchill_tank#Tanks

Of course there is info on that outside of Wikipedia but I'm just too lazy to go get it.

The Churchill Mark VII was the most heavily armored Allied tank of the entire war I believe.

Anyhow, both Soviets and UKF have their meatshield variants of tanks already in the game, Brits have the Churchill, and the Soviets have their KVs so I don't see the problem of nerfing the USF infantry and giving their tank force a bit of a buff in order to balance things out.
i really like you wanna 1v1???
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 91
Germany 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak