Login

russian armor

A question regarding 4 team OKW opening.

3 Mar 2017, 05:47 AM

Yeah, unfortunately that is the case. Frankly, I believe that an emphasis on 1on1 has led us to where we are now in terms of popularity, and lethality. In that respect it makes more sense to balance for the absurd and then have the changes trickle down to smaller modes. Regardless, It's clear that most people would rather play team games; but, that's a discussion for another thread.

In response to you trying to sneak in the idea of an MG34 at every opportunity in the discussion :P I'm of the notion that you have enough fire power to have a reasonable opening without a suppression platform. Is it one dimensional, probably, is that necessarily a bad thing/is an OKW player significantly worse off without it? Debatable, I tend to side with the discourse primarily 'cos I can remember the Kubelwagon with suppression + Sturm charges; the effect would be the same only slightly later in arriving.

ps. forget the Luchs, double leigs will contend with anything the allies can throw at you, plop down the Schwerer and they're going to be hardpressed not to spend precious resources on indirect fire; that is, if they can catch up in the first place.

In regards to openings, okw, nay, axis in general, is supposed to be a start slow build up into late game type of faction, so it would make sense for them to have a crappy one dimensional opening. I mean, usf past 30mins is literally spam as many jacksons and bar riflemen as you can, so it does sort of reflect there too, just in a mirrored way. It is also worth noting that okw still had a lot of variety in openings, what with good but expensive and kinda fragile assault troops right off the bat, cheap, spammable, "good enough" volks, the kubel, a fast capping, infantry bleeding machine gun car, and a t0 at gun. That's arguably a lot more than other factions have access to at the beginning of the game, and none of it requires teching or constructing a building. I'm not claiming it's overpowered or beats out allied infantry, but it does the job and it's all there, and volks plus Sturm's plus kubels can have some crazy cool synergy sometimes, speaking both from using and having it used against me.

Yeah, double leigs and schwerer is basically simcity on roids but without brace.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 92
United States 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak