Login

russian armor

Mines Suppress and Pin

29 Jul 2013, 06:44 AM

Mines should suppresses and/or pin. just like in COH1.

I find it funny how a squad of conscripts can just mosey on through a s-mine field or a grenadier can just watch 3 of his squad-mates blow up in-front of him without phasing them at all.

It makes so that mines also help in actually protecting flanks. Example: You place a crappy S-mine field to cover a flank of a MG42. Because of the randomly generated mines the attacking conscripts who are trying to take advantage of this flank might only hit 1-2 mines passing the minefield, maybe 1 man dead. the rest run through.

But in reality shrapnel would be flying everywhere and you'd be hitting the ground so those bouncin' betties' don't hit you.

Same thing for soviet mines, infantry steps on one down a narrow passageway, it should get pinned or suppressed and have to crawl around for a while before the squad gets their act together

Mines need to suppress and pin, simple as that. It worked in COH1 so i don't see any reason why it shouldn't be here
29 Jul 2013, 11:09 AM

It's kind of an irrelevant functionality. Usually if a squad is hit by a mine the first thing you do with them is retreat. You trying to flank an MG with 1 or 2 models, and you're gonna have a bad time.

Your "duck for cover" effect is already there. When things explode next to squads they go prone or dive for cover. You can see when tanks shoot at them, a grenade blows up or artillery is hitting nearby.
29 Jul 2013, 11:14 AM

What annoys me the most is that the mines are often silent, especially when German infantry walks over a soviet mine. Suddenly the squad is just gone or near dead with no hint to why.
29 Jul 2013, 12:35 PM

yeah but sometimes when a squad hits a mine they don't drop to the ground- you don't notice and they run to their deaths.

when you hit a mine and the squad gets supr/pin it would be a lot more obvious that you did. which would be a good feature imo
29 Jul 2013, 13:03 PM

The "realistic" argument for mines suppressing makes no sense. Saying all the shrapnel etc would make guys hit the dirt, you could say this about rifle fire.

That said, I don't know why they took away mine suppress in CoH 2 ... but I don't care either way :P
29 Jul 2013, 13:43 PM

The "realistic" argument for mines suppressing makes no sense. Saying all the shrapnel etc would make guys hit the dirt, you could say this about rifle fire.

That said, I don't know why they took away mine suppress in CoH 2 ... but I don't care either way :P

I don't know about you but when something explodes, ppl would naturally hit the dirt.

But yeah, mines should always suppress.
30 Jul 2013, 00:08 AM

I would like it because surpressen pinned Squads take less damage and you can retreat them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★