Login

russian armor

Need help to counter british stereotype play

17 Feb 2017, 21:32 PM

I/My team mate and me need help to counter this. I am OKW. I admit we lost a lot in the north, but I really thought I did what I could here, so I dont know what else to do. They just started blobbing, built a bofors/sim city and the map is narrow. Please someone help!

18 Feb 2017, 01:13 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Will take a look at this. Thoughts posted shortly.
18 Feb 2017, 02:11 AM

Dealing with simcity is pretty easy as long as you identify it early and take the appropriate measures before the simcity player can reinforce his position. They have to sink in a lot of manpower and some fuel for bofors positions, mortars, retreat points if they grab it. As OKW and you went mechanized, if you come across a bofors you should immediatly consult your teammate for plans to destroy it or decide for yourself and cancel your luchs and go for a puma. Pumas outrange bofors guns so they can chip away at bofors positions without being fired on. Your opponet will have very limited PIATs if they have them at all and maybe 1 or 2 AT guns if they're lucky. The faster you get that puma chipping though the more your infantry can defeat your opponet, as they have to sacrifice their engineers to repair the bofors positions or lose the bofors. Stuka is alright against emplacements, it will probably force a brace once the brits hear the launching stuka audio que. Once you see a brace is popped, just think to yourself "ok in 30 seconds that brace is going to wear off and I can deal full damage to that emplacement without him being able to brace again." So say after 25 seconds you get your volks up close and drop double flame nades on the emplacement. Flame HT bursts from Ostheer also deal heavy damage to emplacements as well. AT guns work although the large amount of hedges on this map limited the firing arc and left them open to a higher chance of flanks. Incindiary ammo from axis MGs are also highly effective against emplacements, although it should be noted that if proper care is not taken MGs can be killed quickly by bofors and to a lesser degree 3in pits. As a side tip, bofors do very high damage to squads in the open, but they actually suffer heavily against garrisoned squads. Not that there were any garrisons you could've used with MGs or raks this game to reach an emplacement but just something to keep in mind.

Above all in team games, communication with your team is the most crucial part of any match. Failing to do so will result in a heavy disadvantage for your entire team. Coordinate with your teammates to use your MGs to push back infantry while having your AT guns fire at emplacements from behind them. If he braces then you can get up close with your infantry and drop flame nades or roll up a flame HT which can deal massive damage to emplacements even when braced.

If you're having trouble containing blobs get MGs. You lost your MG34 because you did not notice the bofors destroying the house it was in.

Another crucial point against emplacement play is to not bleed to them. They're sinking their manpower into static positions which can be destroyed without losing a single model of your own units if played correctly. Build some indirect fire and barrage his emplacements continuously. Have your MGs and AT guns covering the mortars for protection. Shift que attack ground on your mortars to keep up the pressure so your mortars don't change targets after the barrage finishes. Then when you can restart the barrage, as it has faster firerate.

I'd recommend watching this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVxsYNab0s&list=PLwkm_w8wXFhjEX14k1f3Z2EWgYuIFi-Cf&index=13

This is a "tip of the week" video from HelpingHans a professional coh2 player. The video displays helpful tips and counters to the simcity strategy.

Overall: Identify it early, understand the counters, utilize the counters, don't bleed, and communicate with your team.

Hope this helped. If you have any further questions, comments, or concerns feel free to ask.
18 Feb 2017, 13:46 PM

Thank you for all these great tipps.
Actually, the thing with the Puma is totally new to me. I thought going Mechanized would be a good idea, since brits lack snares, but now it seems, against emplacements the Health truck would have been the better choice, is that true?

Also, which commander would you suggest against this build?
I had great success with the LeFH in 3v3, hence why I chose it, but in smaller maps this seems to be more problematic. So any suggestions?
18 Feb 2017, 15:53 PM

Yes, medicgruppe is better against brits, mainly because of leight light artillery. Brits need to stand still to deal damage which gives room to leigt to be useful.

Also it outranges UKF only indirect fire - mortar pit so your leigt doesnt have counter.

2x leigt with good support is great strategy against UKF, just remember to rush p4
19 Feb 2017, 19:33 PM

I personally wouldn't even utilize a commander to deal with simcity. It's simple enough to deal with it without commander selection. However things on certain commanders would aid greatly against emplacements. For example, the Overwatch commander Goliath remote control bomb deals extreme damage to emplacements. Sturmtiger shots are always powerful, HEAT ammo, as well as panzer commander arty if you've got spare munitions and need an arty strike. All of those are on the Elite armor doctrine. Breakthrough doctrine carries the Assualt artillary as well as the Jagdtiger. An incredibly powerful tank with extreme range is fantastic against emplacements, the APCBR round also allows you to shoot through any world obstacle. Fusiliers have flare at vet 1 allowing for vision. Spec ops com holds the arty flares as well as the command panther. The panther is no more useful against emplacements than a standard panther, probably less since it suffers direct disadvantages compared to the standard panthers veterancy, but it can buff other armored units and eventually infantry once vet 4 or 5. I forget which. Using this with your allies armor in teamgames can aid greatly. Luftwaffe ground holds a cheap air recon sweep, but not much else to aid. Fortifications holds the LeFH artillary, a long range weapon good for attacking emplacements. Also holds the PAK43 AT gun, powerful yet immobile. PAK43s suffer from their immobility due to indirect like the landmattress and the 3in pit if in range. Lastly fortifications has the zeroing arty. Combined with a form of recon, such as arty flares, these abilities in synergy become immensely powerful and probably could use a nerf as it requires minimal skill. Scavenge holds an arty barrage as well as the ostwind and JLI but only the arty will really aid against emplacements. For 1v1 I select Scavenge, Breakthrough, and Spec ops coms. For teamgames I change out scavenge for elite armor. I don't utilize fortifications but I believe it can be very useful in team games should you use it.

Hope this helped.

Ask more questions if you like.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight