Login

russian armor

How to deal with British trenches ?

16 Feb 2017, 09:04 AM

Right now British trench are
- Can build in any sector (even enemy base sector)
- Hard to hit by AT guns than Axis trench/bunker
- Require Personal Passcode/VISA to enter Kappa (yup it cost 50 MP to build so it must be unique)
Trench spamming is not much trouble in 1v1 mode. You will lose map control if rushing build at the start but in 2v2 mode I find its so annoying (build trench in capture circle and duck in, force opponent use more firepower/munitions to chase Tommy/Vickers out but Trench still remain).
How you guys deal with this abuse ?
16 Feb 2017, 09:26 AM

Wait untill patch, or:

Probably a Flamer HT with OKW teammate rakketten blob (that can still MOVE in CAMO AND RETREAT in 2017 ROFL!@@!!) to protect it.

or just type /leave in chat
16 Feb 2017, 09:38 AM
Senior Editor Badge

Lol is this coh1 or coh2?

Edit:

I believe that sniper has 50% accuracy against units in buildings, including trenches, so sniper is a decent soft counter but only until about the five minute mark when you've got to be careful

Mortar is good. Otherwise you may just have to get a 222/flame HT; perhaps assault grenadiers grenade volley would be useful as well? Flamethrower pio works well too.
16 Feb 2017, 09:51 AM

wait for the patch and....oh, out of scope.

Biggest problem is püppchen not hitting trenches actually
16 Feb 2017, 13:11 PM

Changed topic name to better corespond with state office forum.
16 Feb 2017, 13:14 PM

Mgň s in trenches can only face 2 directions - they cannot postioon mg to protect sides of trench, never. Try to flank mg in trench from sides and then just defeat it by sheer firepower. Against IS in trenches just close in, fire incing grenade and then kill IS without cover. Trenches are easily destroyed by artillery like mortars or leight. AT guns cannot target them thought.
17 Feb 2017, 21:17 PM

are you having trouble with trenches? seriously? The thing is a death trap, every time I put my squad inside one they get insta rekt. I rather make sandbags that are free and more durable.

The only real usage of trenches in my opinion is to put a vet 1 vickers inside it so you get the extra range bonus, but even then it's not that worth the trouble.

and yeah, mortars/Leig are the best counter, ATs can work too, but it's rng dependent.
17 Feb 2017, 21:54 PM

Smoke and flank and after that you need ammo for granade or just kill it with mortar or leig or sturmtiger
17 Feb 2017, 22:05 PM

Invissed one post for flaming/trolling and another for quoting said post.

And yes, we have thought the same.
18 Feb 2017, 08:50 AM

I feel like it must require a lot of tools and time to deal whit Brits trench spam more than Axis trenches/bunkers spam .
V-T
18 Feb 2017, 09:16 AM

I wish trenches and foxholes would be actual holes in ground instead of buildings. They should provide green cover until artillery and explosions flatten the area, ultimately turning to normal yellow field of craters.
18 Feb 2017, 09:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2017, 09:16 AMV-T
I wish trenches and foxholes would be actual holes in ground instead of buildings. They should provide green cover until artillery and explosions flatten the area, ultimately turning to normal yellow field of craters.

Trench right now is hole reinforced with wooden blocks so it doenst fall so easily to artillery and tanks running over it and then covered by camouflage top. It is not building after all, it may look like, but it isn´t.

It is just in game structure, where you can garison, but not building. Also artillery make them exctint pretty fast, only AT guns fail to miss them
V-T
18 Feb 2017, 09:53 AM

So when trench collapses, i don't lose whole squad?

I gotta admit: out of fear, i haven't garrisoned trenches and bunkers. Same applies for fighting positions and german bunkers?
18 Feb 2017, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Feb 2017, 09:53 AMV-T
So when trench collapses, i don't lose whole squad?

I gotta admit: out of fear, i haven't garrisoned trenches and bunkers. Same applies for fighting positions and german bunkers?

I think you do not lose whole squad when it colapses, only each memeber have 50% chance of diing like in halftracks.

EDIT: Keep in mind that most AoE weapons also deal damage to infantry in trench so most likely your squad there will be dead as well when schwerer gustav hits them in trench
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★