Login

russian armor

Muni Rush Strat

11 Feb 2017, 16:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I've been working on a new strat against the soviets and brits. 4 volks and push hard for the muni points. Try to hold both as long as possible. The munis should be enough to buy multiple stg packages right away, and spam nades too. The early stgs are really good versus the soviet penals and cons, and the extra nade spam helps a lot versus tommies. It also starves them of munis pretty well. The concept revolves around pushing the muni advantage as hard as possible early game to win engagements, where fuel isn't as important. Win before vehicles and fuel becomes a big deal.

I'm still developing it, i'm not sure which commander to go. I've had good success with breakthrough and getting quick g43s on the squads. I've also not had much luck using this against the USF; it's hard to hold both points and when they get bars they will beat you anyways.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions?
11 Feb 2017, 18:43 PM

Ofcourse go fast kubel so you can cap points on your side of map and thus push faster.

I think you should also try flaptrack against soviets to use your surplus fuel and get even better advantage.

From commaders I would recommend you going someone with infiltration grenades so you don´t have to worry abou munnition bleed too much while spamming grenades
11 Feb 2017, 19:08 PM

à la gentlefox's style I guess?
12 Feb 2017, 00:37 AM

USF won't get bars if you keep the muni :)

Using a luchs might let you snowball allies-style and really press your advantage, especially if a soviet or usf player went penals or lt respectively (no at guns). I've found that there's a lot of synergy in like the very first engagements with a volks squad, a kkubel, and a sturmpio squad as well. That'll make it easier to keep the muni.
12 Feb 2017, 07:31 AM

I will try this strategy and see what it does for me! I have a suggestion to make. Why not rush both munition points in the beginning of the match, but lock down one and keep the other contested. This way you will have a steady munitions income but the USF player will have it tough. I would play as USF too and see how you can cope with it when this strategy is used.
12 Feb 2017, 08:36 AM

I'm just a beginner so don't take it seriously ;-)

As a soviet player i would counter this with 2 maxims and 2 cons for the very ealy game. With the right commander, the cons can be upgraded with PPsH for just 120M at 3CP and at 2CP you can add 1-2 shocks pretty quickly. I think that Fallshirmjaeger are a much much bigger pain in the a**. And Soviets don't need muni so much, so starving them from it doesn't hurt them too much.

Just my 2 cents .. correct me if i'm wrong
12 Feb 2017, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2017, 08:36 AMTaurus
I'm just a beginner so don't take it seriously ;-)

As a soviet player i would counter this with 2 maxims and 2 cons for the very ealy game. With the right commander, the cons can be upgraded with PPsH for just 120M at 3CP and at 2CP you can add 1-2 shocks pretty quickly. I think that Fallshirmjaeger are a much much bigger pain in the a**. And Soviets don't need muni so much, so starving them from it doesn't hurt them too much.

Just my 2 cents .. correct me if i'm wrong

PPsH for 1 cons cost 40 munnition so its 80 munnition not 120 munnition total.

And yes you´re right, you won´t hurt current maxim soviets by denying them munnition. Denying them t70 is much more efficient in my opinion.

On the other hand less demos on field and good assault squad from volks early can help you to flank mgs much easily
12 Feb 2017, 11:07 AM

what about take 1 ammu for your and go for cut off point instead. like lost gilder and road to Kharkov once dominate middle then we can cut off both fuel and muni while you can have yours as normal rate
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★