Login

russian armor

British Mortar Pit Suggestion

15 Feb 2017, 07:54 AM

I made this idea into a small mod, or rather updated an old mod that did something similar.
  • Ordnance ML 3-inch Mortar Team:
    Buildable in British T1 for 240MP. Slower rate of fire than the German GrW 34, but more accurate. White Phosphorous Barrage at Vet 1. Counter Barrage unlocked with the Advanced Emplacement Regiment.

• Artillery Pit:
    Replaces the British Mortar Emplacement. An empty structure that can be built by Royal Engineers for 100MP. All mobile mortars and artillery pieces can be garrisoned and receive a 15% bonus to the range of their barrage abilities. When empty, the structure can be garrisoned by the enemy. (Might be restricted to mortars only. Still playing around!)

• Known Issue:
    Artillery guns and heavy mortars can only fire to the front side of the emplacement, because they can't move or rotate while garrisoned. I'm not sure if this can be changed.

It's available on the Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=679152285

Thanks against for making it into a mod to prove a point.

And I also think the heavy guns are plagued by the same bug when garrisoned in emplacements, that's why it was removed.

But in theory they can still perform well when emplaced, they'll just be more limited than the mortars when inside.
15 Feb 2017, 07:59 AM

As far as artillery guns and heavy mortars not being able to rotate, I wonder if the answer lies in how ATG emplacements work. I wager when they garrison the artillery pit there'd have to be some sort of aiming and facing mechanism implemented to get them to function properly.

Although now that I think about it, instead of "artillery pit" why not "fighting position"?

MGs could be faced like in a garrison.

Infantry could use it like a trench.

This proposed mortar team could use it like a mortar pit.

It could be capture-able by enemy squads. It'd fit the theme of the faction to have static positions, and infantry are already sort of supposed to garrison emplacements.

Infantry can use it like a 360 emplacement, problem is that there are only 6 firing slots, 2 for mortars/and or heavy weapons like machine guns and AT guns and 4 for small arms armed soldiers. What I mentioned in the above comment basically, it can and it does work, but it's limited and left to RNG to decide if it's effective or not.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★