Login

russian armor

DrunkinGambit - existant420, sluzbenik

27 Jul 2013, 21:28 PM

Hi guys!

I'll start by introducing myself:

My name: Tim
Birthplace: Brooklyn, NY
I started playing VCOH in 2006 and played it until COH2 came out, which I play now.
I tend to play in the evenings after work, and probably play ~10-20 hours a week. I focus on Ostheer play, but can give insight into Soviet play as well (they are the enemy after all, and you should get to know them as well).

Other things about me: I like beer, producing music, playing Civilization 5, and designing in various mediums.

So let's get started with the mentoring: I'm not on my primary computer and cannot add both of you at this very moment, but will do so once I'm at home on my desktop. From there, I suppose I would like you each to post a replay (or two or three) up here for review. Then eventually would like to have some games with each of you.

I primarily use Skype to talk, and do require the use of a mic in game. I am also open to using any other teamspeak or vent type of software, so let me know.

Looking forward to sharing ideas and playing.
27 Jul 2013, 22:15 PM

Oh, I've got a shitton.

I can tell from Auto I keep hovering between like upper intermediate and pro level...Because I'll have a string of losses to the old hands with names you might recognize and then it gives me a bunch of inters who I beat, then wash & repeat. It's like I'm constantly on the edge of having a clue.

I know I need to learn how to focus better late game when I have a ton of stuff on the field...I had a good one vs some guy that was going my way until I was just trying to micro too much...I needed to flank an SU85 but I was also trying to do so much infantry stuff I just lost it, pathed them both the wrong way instead of one going behind and basically lost the game right there.

Here's one vs Stigoi:
Striggy

WTF
27 Jul 2013, 22:17 PM

Oh, I've got a shitton. And thanks for taking this on btw.

I can tell from Auto I keep hovering between like upper intermediate and pro level...Because I'll have a string of losses to the old hands with names you might recognize and then it gives me a bunch of inters who I beat, then wash & repeat. It's like I'm constantly on the edge of having a clue.

I'm having trouble focusing late game vs good players when I have a ton of stuff on the field...Like I was pretty much winning this game against a guy on Priyat and had two PZIVs to flank the SU85 but somehow I mixed up the pathing and sent them both the same way instead of getting off a good flank and basically lost the game right there.

Here's one vs Stigoi and another vs I-Iforget-who:
Striggy

WTF
28 Jul 2013, 00:27 AM

Hey Sluz,

I just downloaded the replays and am taking a look right now. I've also sent you an invite on Steam so I hope to talk with you soon there. I'll post an in-depth review here once I've watched.
28 Jul 2013, 01:15 AM

I watched the first game vs sigoi. I have things to say, but I would like to get on skype/vent/ts/whatever to talk. Next time you're on steam, accept my invite, and hit me up. If I'm not on steam at the time, reply here with time that would be good for you to meet up and I'll get back to you. Commenting here would take too long, and would not be as effective as talking directly.

btw, I've definitely played against you before, eithe 1v1 or with my 2v2 partner.
29 Jul 2013, 23:08 PM

That was a fun session Sluz, lets do more.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★