Login

russian armor

Microless teching

28 Jan 2017, 14:21 PM

I would add a poll but I'm too lazy to.

But my argument is for removing microless or micro less (however you should put it) tech from the game.

Specifically speaking for USF then as well as UKF, a unit should have to return to the base to build the new tech. This would give a more of an incentive and a reward to killing or keeping a starter unit such as a rear echelon.

I do not find it fair (for the lack of words) that OH and SU has to sacrifice a potential minesweeper or flamer unit to retreat to base then to build a tier building. In that time is one less unit on the field mean while for Western front armies is one more unit on the field.

That orrrrrr.

Have OH and SU base buildings pre layout such as that like the USF/UKF buildings. And teaching requires a simple push of a button. (Timing can be adjusted) and obviously they wouldn't be rewarded a unit so on n so fourth.

Maybe I'm crazy maybe I'm not.
28 Jan 2017, 14:38 PM

I kind of agree. It's frustrating to have two Pioneers as Ostheer and still be late at mining/wiring/repair because I have to order one of the two back to HQ sector at specific times (which you can't necessarily coincide with retreats), whereas as UKF I can dedicate Royal Engineers to frontline work at all times.

Same goes for Soviets and USF obviously.
28 Jan 2017, 14:56 PM
Donator 11

This is a perk usf and ukf get for not having the ability to upgrade weapons on the field. It's really that simple: 2 factions have to return to base to build but get the weapons on the field, 2 have to return to base to get upgrades but not to tech and the last one is okw which was always a special snowflake and it was designed with on the field upgrades and free trucks that build their buildings.

Yep, I know they have no free trucks any more, but this is how it was designed when it was being designed.
28 Jan 2017, 14:57 PM

This is a perk usf and ukf get for not having the ability to upgrade weapons on the field. It's really that simple: 2 factions have to return to base to build but get the weapons on the field, 2 have to return to base to get upgrades but not to tech and the last one is okw which was always a special snowflake and it was designed with on the field upgrades and free trucks that build their buildings.

Yep, I know they have no free trucks any more, but this is how it was designed when it was being designed.

This.
28 Jan 2017, 15:29 PM

And how about requiring Sturmpioneers to go to the truck in order to set it up like the Ost hull down on tanks, or is that not fair and does not fit in to your pro-OKW agenda?
28 Jan 2017, 15:31 PM

UKF can circumvent their upgrade limitation doctrinally though.
28 Jan 2017, 15:38 PM

UKF can circumvent their upgrade limitation doctrinally though.

How? The only doctrine that gives a UKF unit an upgrade is the Mobile Assault one and it's only flamethrowers for the Sappers, IS get absolutely nothing, except for a variant of themselves which you can get for 300 man power at 1 or 2 CPs from the Special Weapons Regiment but I don't really count that as an upgrade as they scale pretty badly after the mid game when the light vehicles are mostly either gone or doing something else, the most they can do is detect enemy vehicles but that's about it.
28 Jan 2017, 15:48 PM

28 Jan 2017, 15:51 PM

As right as you are, I wouldn't call it circumventing their limitations, given how Vickers K's are only worth sticking on Infantry Sections.
28 Jan 2017, 16:03 PM

As right as you are, I wouldn't call it circumventing their limitations, given how Vickers K's are only worth sticking on Infantry Sections.

Meaning you can upgrade your mainline infantry with LMGs and your Sappers with AT weapons, as well as give the same upgrades to your USF ally right on the frontline, without them needing to upgrade their HQ racks.
28 Jan 2017, 16:14 PM

I wouldn't take a filthy Vickers K over a BAR even if it was a gift.
28 Jan 2017, 16:19 PM

Why is OKW not in your 'specifically speaking' list, they dont have to retreat there SPs to tech either.
28 Jan 2017, 17:05 PM

Lemme just say, with OH being to upgrade without weapon racks makes no difference, considering they have to retreat back to base they can easily get a weapon then.

As for USF having a forward retreat point, and weapon racks. The difference to retreat back to base isn't all that much, never the less game changing. I don't think weapon racks and field upgrades are worth mentioning, tho I admit, having a LMG on a storm pio squad would be neat.
28 Jan 2017, 17:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2017, 16:19 PMMongal
Why is OKW not in your 'specifically speaking' list, they dont have to retreat there SPs to tech either.

Having to tech a truck then to place the truck is still more micro then just pressing a button and receiving a unit with the tech. See my point?
28 Jan 2017, 17:14 PM

Well, you'd have to give riflemen, infantry sections, RE, sappers, and every doctrinal infantry for US forces and british forces that have weapon slots with them, the ability to buy upgrades on the field.

I doubt anyone wants to go there
28 Jan 2017, 17:44 PM

Having to tech a truck then to place the truck is still more micro then just pressing a button and receiving a unit with the tech. See my point?

Not really no, if its the micro side of it i dont really see a arguement as its 4 or 5 clicks.

I thought you were on about the fact that OST/SU have to retreat there eng/pio off the field losing there sweeper/flamer from the front line which is what your OP is about.
28 Jan 2017, 17:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jan 2017, 17:44 PMMongal

Not really no, if its the micro side of it i dont really see a arguement as its 4 or 5 clicks.

I thought you were on about the fact that OST/SU have to retreat there eng/pio off the field losing there sweeper/flamer from the front line which is what your OP is about.

Yea I guess your right. So yea I guess my point excludes OKW
nee
29 Jan 2017, 00:31 AM

Not to mention this circumvention requires 4CP, costs more than the actual weapon rack unlock and requires a light vehicle not dying in the meantime.

USF teching takes a long time though, and only after spending the fuel. UKF for their part upgrade faster, but units are expensive in general.

As for building tech buildings, I always just queue the Pionier to go back to the field.

And as for OKW, you have to build them instead of infantry, and you also have to deploy them once they arrive in the field, which costs time and resources to get to the location. Meanwhile, it can be destroyed.
29 Jan 2017, 07:35 AM

This.

No. Not this. The balance for needing to return to base for upgrades lies in the cooldown the other option requires before the equipment is ready.
29 Jan 2017, 08:54 AM

Or.... We can put in base 1-3 models of engis (a la medics) who can build any tech building and nothing more.

It's a huge problem becasue at some point as OST or SU you have to withdraw your engis or make another squad, which is crucial in first 5mins.

___
Tho I don't agree abour micro, becasue it's just few lazy clicks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★