Login

russian armor

[Replay review] Infantry fights

27 Jan 2017, 15:36 PM

On coh1, I am a top 50 player, and I recently discovered coh2, but I still don't understand how one should play the USF (I am about #660), especially when it comes to infantry fights.

The only way I found to win is spamming LMGs... My vehicules and heavy tanks were almost useless in the following game:

https://www.coh2.org/replay/58908/spamming-lmgs-the-only-way

27 Jan 2017, 15:54 PM

/edited thread name to better corespond with actuall demand. Cheers

Hi, next time please post on replay section when you want to get review on your game. Other forums (eg US strategies) are more about theorycrafting or helping without actually showing exact match.

Welcome, Hector
27 Jan 2017, 16:23 PM

Okay, thank you.
27 Jan 2017, 17:16 PM

27 Jan 2017, 18:00 PM

So here we go.

1st I recommend you changing airborne commader to heavy cav commader. Rangers are great, mines are excelent and OPshing is simply Opshing. Also smoke that saves your a**

Early game capping orders

Your capping order was bad, USA is all about agression, echelon must cap your side while first and second rifle must harass key point, in this match enemy fuel becuase he have no cover there and you have green cover there. You shouldn´t use your first rifle to cap some munnition point, he must start capping key line to help second riflemen once he hits the field

3rd riflemen should be send to middle of battle so he can depending on situation:
help echelon against some kubel+sturmpio push while your 2 rifles push his fuel and cut off

Help 2 rifles to take fuel if they are outnumbered

Or push cut off when 2 rifles can hold enemy at fuel, so he will have to fall back
Ehcelons if have option should wire those tractors near fuel and seize mid house (bigger)

Another capping advice

Here should have your 2 rifles pushed fuel while echelon will cap cut off and house near it and 3rd and 4th rifles should have been send to midle and then either cap left or help right. You instaed of this used echelon as fuel attacker and 2 rifles as cut off attackers, MISTAKE.

Your opponent was bad (getting pak as 3rd unit), if you played your early game better you would defeated him by 10th minute.

Lieutenant tech.

Bad move with weapon support regiment, or whats name of that doc. You should went captain and stuart to get more beefy army composition that can also fight some light vehicles, while using doctrinal halftrack ahd upgrading it with quad. Quad is much better than this halftrack you used because it have 360 non scope range.

Also always reverse with that halftrack you chouse because it can only attack backwards meaning it will cirle like half year retarded seal cub when it spots enemies.

Later on you lost halftrack because you weren´t revrsing with it and also you used it as main battle tank. Its support weapon, have bigger range than LOS, rule is rifles first, halftrack second. Also always fight with it enemy concentrations, not lone squads. Afterwards you lost most of map because of loss you took and your rifles were outfight. This shouldn´t be the case, if you did good build and capping order he was the player whitch was pressured, not you.

In late mid game game turned in rifle blobs for you and you was simply wiping him left and righ because he was incompetent. Then you got sherman but didn´t support it properly and thus you lost.

Later on it turned into big slugfest and you was losing, USA cannot outfight OKW lategame wihout tanks or fuel, its impossible, you have early game advantage not lategame. Maybe not losing sherman and getting jacson afterwards would be best, but you lost too much fuel to get jacson in time.

If you attacked his cut off more and protected halftrack you would have completely denied him resources while getting them yourself whitch wasn´t the case.

In the end I lost clue of match sorry, It seemed like A-moving from both sides and there wasn´t much to improve because you had not hardcounter to panthers, so you sticked with AT guns, good move, but sturmie was beating you. Nice move with captain in the end closing the game.

Rifles can do well without LMGS as well, but on more mid-close range favoured maps, this map is open and long ranged, thats why LMG´s and quad are your best friends.

Few pics:

if you moved from house and interupted that soldier, he would lose volks squad

You had echelon here just few seconds before, you should have capped house with them while rifles outfight volks. Then you should have capped cut off and once again deny his resources.

Tldr
USA is like playing chess. You cannot A-move with army like OKW or soviets with maxims in open maps, you must always think about how and where harrass enemy and how to get upper hand to get vehicles faster and snowball yourself more. USA have all tool to do this. If you want to know more about coh2 USA read these guides. Please keep in mind they are outdated and so some things are no longer tru like captain with free zooks or rifle co = best co.

https://www.coh2.org/guides/44135/devm-s-usf-without-tears
https://www.coh2.org/guides/47115/armor-company

Hector

27 Jan 2017, 19:56 PM

Nice!
At which range should I fight with rifles in the beginning of the game?
Short, middle or long?
27 Jan 2017, 20:19 PM

got some to ask aswell. and...what if i've got no muni in mid or late for BAR which range should i fight ?
27 Jan 2017, 22:03 PM

Late you will get hardcountered by upgrades axis infantry if you do not upgrade yourself as well patrenko
there arent many ranges where you would excel
best would be near sherman/pershing.

Sumitis, this depends on enemy unit. rifles are best at mid range while in cover. general rule is tp keep range and cover againt kubel and sturmpio, get cover (green) against volks and flank with second rifle, do not close in you have hance winning fight as long as you do not lose cover. against grens its the same as volks.

you win agains vgrens/grens when you are in mid short range whilr against srurmpips while at long rage. judt keep in mind rifles are good at any range and still have big chance to win if the get superior cover

31 Jan 2017, 16:38 PM

got some to ask aswell. and...what if i've got no muni in mid or late for BAR which range should i fight ?

You need to save up and stack munitions for those double BARs, lategame you will need them, plus they are perfect for those vet3 hero riflemen squads that will make most of them.
1 Feb 2017, 12:28 PM

Thanks. you know.... usually if i lose vet unit in late game i've never win without armor or indirect fire as USF but brit do so it make me wonder if any other unit non vet unit can fight toe to toe vet unit like Tommy one

Paratrooper Panzerfusiler those unit lose to vet unit as main infantry but their weapon actually can kill a vet unit model then they get vet so fast but somehow mainline infantry as IS can fight in long range again those vet unit no problem
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★