Login

russian armor

QOL/Bugs I've noticed

24 Jan 2017, 18:03 PM

Machine Gun:
If you tell an MG to go into a house that is empty and an enemy gets in it before the MG, it will auto setup. That is unstoppable and can often result in an MG wipe if you are not quick to retreat, at which point the MG has to finish setting up, pack up, then retreat. Easy to abuse if you know about the issue.

I believe (I may be wrong) that if you have an MG stationary (not set up) and they encounter an enemy, the MG will automatically set up too, and due to the way the AI sucks at predicting enemy movement, it will do so poorly.

Anyway to not set up the MG unless specifically told to do so via A-move or holding down RMB to set the facing?

Garrisoned units:
If you have a unit inside a house selected, if they lose 1 model the selection will be switched to the house, this becomes a HUGE pain if you are trying to evac a squad but they drop several models in a row.

Reinforcing:
I already spoke about this in a previous thread and Mr. Smith pointed out one cause but for ease of reference I will place it here too.

If you are reinforcing a squad and tell them to garrison a unit whilst still being reinforced, the unit will not spawn until the garrison order is stopped.

Grenade death loop:
This is more of a bug than QOL and might not even be considered either by some.

If you throw a grenade but the thrower dies before they can get it off the animation will start over on a new model, this is especially frustrating for long wind up grenades but it can happen to all squads including the rather fast throwing commandos.

The reason I see this as a bug is due to AT snares being launched if the order is set up and the squad member using the snare dies. Either this is a bug or that is.
24 Jan 2017, 18:33 PM
Donator 11

As for MGs. The unit unpacks itself just becouse it lacks orders. Opponent going into the building simply removes the garrison order from your order queue. So, for example if there is no enemy nearby, the MG will just stand still.

So, if you want them not to unpack in this situation you would also need them not to unpack on sight of enemy when they are idle and that will probably upset many players with worse micro. It also quite obvioulsly makes no sense for the soldiers to stand still and get shot when they have an mg with them.

There are two ways I know of to prevent such behaviour without changing the game. You can either order move nearby the door and then queue enter garrison command, or enter garrison command and then queue retreat command.

In the first situation if enemy occupies building the order won't be reset so the mg wont unpack. It will keep moving forward though so you need to realise that situation and give it another order. You won't have to wait for packing though so your opponent wont be able to abuse entering the building.

In the second option you go into a building, or retreat if someone occupied it. If you succesfully enter a building the retreat order is cancelled becouse unit is in non-retreatable state. This means you don't have to watch your unit as closely as in first case, but also that you will possibly suffer a retreat when soft retreat or just new order could be enough.

Alternatively, you can shift order all of them. That way you are basically in the first situation, but if you forget about the unit it will still retreat instead of shooting right into the door.
24 Jan 2017, 18:49 PM

Snip

There are many situations when you don't want an MG to auto set up. Have you never had a vehicle base dive with your MG reinforcing/healing, only to have it set up and fire at the tank? I could be wrong here but I'm fairly certain if you que order to capture a point and then retreat with an MG squad, if an enemy catches them the MG will set up and cancel the retreat order.

I don't think you understand the term QOL if your solution to MG's setting up when an enemy jumps into the house you were just about to enter is "Que up 3 shift orders in-case the enemy gets the house"
24 Jan 2017, 18:59 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jan 2017, 18:49 PMLatch

There are many situations when you don't want an MG to auto set up. Have you never had a vehicle base dive with your MG reinforcing/healing, only to have it set up and fire at the tank? I could be wrong here but I'm fairly certain if you que order to capture a point and then retreat with an MG squad, if an enemy catches them the MG will set up and cancel the retreat order.

I don't think you understand the term QOL if your solution to MG's setting up when an enemy jumps into the house you were just about to enter is "Que up 3 shift orders in-case the enemy gets the house"

I just tell you what you can do in current version of the game to avoid this. And quality of life change means improving QoL of all players, including the ones who lack micro to care about all the units in same time. The game simply enough should be playable for everybody and only advanced features should require advanced micro. That is the reason why for example the "shoot only at vehicles" toggle on AT gun is off when you build a unit - becouse some players may not even know of its existance and wonder why the unit behaves differently.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★