Login

russian armor

Rocket Arty Cover damage?

17 Jan 2017, 14:41 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I was looking at the damage comparisons of the Katyusha and Calliope. I noticed something, Katyusha does full damage to units in heavy cover. Is this an oversight? Then I noticed that the walking stuka and the Panzerwerfer is like this also. Units in heavy cover are quite clumped up so it may result in larger amount of wipes. Maybe this should change?
17 Jan 2017, 14:53 PM

I think rocket arty is designed to break entrenched defensive positions so its kinda ok for them to do full damage to units in heavy cover.
17 Jan 2017, 15:15 PM

I think this kind of arty and explotion damage should be rethinked and rebuilded.
If a unit is in green cover, it should receive far less damage from artys and explotions than if he is in normal or red cover.
17 Jan 2017, 20:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2017, 15:15 PMLeo251
I think this kind of arty and explotion damage should be rethinked and rebuilded.
If a unit is in green cover, it should receive far less damage from artys and explotions than if he is in normal or red cover.

Units in green cover take only 50% of damage caused by explosives, that hit them in right direction
17 Jan 2017, 20:47 PM

You would have to check, but I think this is a modifier on a unit. So that a Kat does 100% of its damage to a unit, which then receives a 50% cover reduction if in green cover. This allows the kat and werfer to have damaged more completely reduced against buildings, i.e., you could set their damage to 50% to prevent them from always destroying units in buildings.
17 Jan 2017, 22:00 PM
Developer Relic Badge

You would have to check, but I think this is a modifier on a unit. So that a Kat does 100% of its damage to a unit, which then receives a 50% cover reduction if in green cover. This allows the kat and werfer to have damaged more completely reduced against buildings, i.e., you could set their damage to 50% to prevent them from always destroying units in buildings.

No, you would find the damage in the cover table of the weapon file. Damage vs structures is dependent on certain AOE modifiers in the AOE section of said weapon.

On the actual note: the Katyusha has no penalties vs units in heavy cover.
17 Jan 2017, 22:12 PM

No, you would find the damage in the cover table of the weapon file. Damage vs structures is dependent on certain AOE modifiers in the AOE section of said weapon.

On the actual note: the Katyusha has no penalties vs units in heavy cover.

Thanks for clarifying.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS