Login

russian armor

Noobs wanted!!!

17 Jan 2017, 12:59 PM

Feel free to add me on Steam - Taurus84_SK. I have a couple of hours of playtime, but that doesnt matter - i am still a noob, learning every day.

I played the campaign several times, before i got bored (although Ardennes Assault was a lot of fun).

After a couple of months i reinstalled the game and started to play skirmish against AI. My advice - use PAUSE button whenever you want to. This way you have more time to react even to Expert AI and you can think about your next moves carefully without any stress. Basically you make this game like TBS :)

Stick with one fraction and learn to use every single unit they have. I played one match with every single unit for Ostheer (i mean .. i build only one type of unit through the whole match - for example pioneers spam). This way (the hard way btw.) i learned advantages and disadvantages of every unit. Soon i was combining them, so they can support each other.

A few days ago a friend of mine sent me a game invite to 1v1 .. i never played that before .. i won the first and also the second match .. sometimes i didnt knew what i was doing, my heart was beating like crazy, but it was the best COH2 experience i had. Now im not using PAUSE against AI at all and soon i will be starting with automatching vs human players ..

So this is what i did and it seems to work at least for me. Oh and i had some little vCOH experience and read lots of usefull tips back in the days at gamereplays.org. The guides at coh2.org are really good too.
17 Jan 2017, 14:24 PM

I added you!

Thanks a lot! Look forward to meeting you in-game!!! :)

-------
- Sure, add me. Felinewolfie ;)
- J'aime bien enseigner aux nouveaux. J'ai beaucoup d'experience ASL, Battlefront: Combat Mission 2
"Berlin to Barbarossa", Codename Panzer (Phase 1 to ... all of them actually), and just about every
WW2 imaginable, including COH1 and COH1 EF (Easternfront.org). Look up my profile for more details

;) On s'entendra bien, tu verras!

J'ai encore beaucoup a t'apprendre, tu sais ;)
Avoue que tu as hate de te mesurer a moi ^_^

(Edit : I like teaching newbs, I got tons of experience, we'll get along fine, you'll see,
I got tons more to teach you, you know? - Admit that you are eager to go up against me ^_^)

I play all, but I specialize in Soviets, however. As it probably obvious from my T34/85 avatar ^_^

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to trust french speaking canadians! ;) Thanks a lot bro!!! The time spent with you playing has had impressive results on my confidence with coh2! Also nice to have found another soviet with who to play on the only cool faction ever! :P

Any other noobs out there, this guy is an awesome teacher and human!!! :thumbsup::wub:

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jan 2017, 09:02 AMwuff
Maybe it is a good idea to make a steam group. In the game's client you can all join that chat group and favorite it.

I will dedicate my newborn twitch channel to games with other noobs. :) The idea of a chat group is a great one to go with it, thanks!!!

Another cool thing would maybe to have a batch on coh2.org for advanced users who enjoy teaching the game in-game, as Felinewolfie does... or a master/noob "matching" service :rofl:

"COH2 Noobs" ?

"COH2 Noobs Cage", "COH2 Noobs Pit", "COH2 Nursery" ;)

Focus in 1 faction (Russian is fine). Download Replays and watch how the russian play. Build order, how do he moves and position,commander selection, etc.
After you do that, you try to COPY the same strategy and build order when playing automatch. You will feel improvement. Don't matter if you loose, just keep fighting and try to preserve units and VP

I will definitely take note of this advice, thanks a lot! I'd love to also find replays of the TOW missions in general difficulty.. Some youtube videos have helped, but some are missing and I am left with some missions that are giving me nightmares!!! :*(

18 Jan 2017, 05:45 AM

You mean like... this?
https://www.coh2.org/forum/69/mentoring

I kept offering there, till they told me to stop spamming *Cries*
- 80% of my Steam contacts are, or were COH2 mentoring contact victims,
er, students of mine ^_^

* On learning, I semi disagree. I think it's important to try everything.
It's not chess. So playing only one faction will rob you of half the picture and you'll learn a lot of WRONG things. For example, Wehr players
who think bunkers are fine, but Soviet mines are wrong.

- Soviet mines *ARE* the Soviet bunkers. Cheap mine spam is their 0 pop
defense. OKW are like this too. 30 muni cheap mine spam. Although they
can obtain (doctrinal) bunkers, too. Wehr get expensive mines AND bunkers.
- Remember when I showed you how to wipe 100 pop of Soviet infantry
(Penals included) with only *ONE* 'Underpowered' Wehr Grenadier? And then
taught you how to go around that? :)

I'd rather say, choose one faction to *MAIN*. But do practice with all.
After a game, watch the replay from the other player's point of view
(Alternate with/without fog of war. It's interesting to see the 'what if'
too!)

I think Soviets are best to learn. Because learning as German teaches you
Complacency, then you get lazy and expect easy wins. Soviet is the most
VANILLA faction there is. They lack a lot of the cute toys others have.
Their units are individually weak. They do have TONS of strenghts, though.
I like that they can teach you the art of the bully, though.

- In war, playing fair is stupid. Really stupid.
- Harass, seek advantage. Put up traps, learn synergy. How units work
together.
- Learn how to ambush
- 10-on-1 are the best odds. And attacking from behind, while dishonorable,
will get you the best results (The art of the bully). Misdirect a lot.
- Flank. Flank. Flank. Use the enemy's slow turrets against them!
- You'll hear the F word on the battlefield a lot. And this word is FLANK

And, as I showed you, even 10x T34/76 are easily stopped and raped :)

BTW : I 1000000% recommend this thread :
https://www.coh2.org/news/58454/numerical-veterancy-description

It's a little mod that gives you a fatal overdose of in-game information.
- INSANELY useful.

Taurus : You want to try this out, too!
18 Jan 2017, 07:46 AM

Here - to prove a point :

Justin xv: Not defending Brits, but it's funny when the people who bash the Brits the most have zero to no games played with that faction
Yesterday, 06:19 AM

This is why I say, play all factions :) But "Main" one.

- If something seems 'overpowered' then just play it to death. And let the enemy show you how to defeat it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★