Login

russian armor

Looking for new Headset..

26 Jul 2013, 20:19 PM

My current headset is failing and I need a new one..

Im looking at those 2 and can't decide whats better to buy...

Rosewill RHTS-8206

OR

Refurbished: Logitech G35

Im on the budget so can't spend alot .. around ~60$ +/-

Any feedback on those two?

Thanks
26 Jul 2013, 20:26 PM

accident double post
26 Jul 2013, 20:27 PM

I stopped buying into the "headset" image crap. They're headphones with less bass than conventional headphones and a low end mic attached to it.

If you're primarily using it for RTS/MoBA games, there's zero reason to buy a headset. it would sound so much better on a decent pair of headphones.

But if you seriously want to buy a headset, maybe the Razor orca, I think they're like $60 or if you want to spend an extra $30, go with the Steelseries Siberia v2.

if you want a mic, a $20 stand-up logitech is better quality than a headset's mic if you're only willing to spend $60.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Desktop-Microphone-Black-Silver/dp/B00009EHJV

if you want to shop for a real pair of headphones that are cheap; http://www.reddit.com/r/audiophiles
26 Jul 2013, 20:44 PM

Over the time I have replaced so many headsets and had them as low as 15$ and as 80$ and in the end they all died on me.. within a year or 2.. lolz
I use to have the RAZER Carcharias before my current one but after about 2 years of use I think they stoped working in one ear.. now I have some cheap for 30$ Plantronics and they are dying now as well.. :/

Well.. I do need a good mic on them so I can use them for gaming / streaming and TS and stuff..
I however have stand-up mic Blue Microphones - Snowball
Just never really used it.. lolz
26 Jul 2013, 21:10 PM
27 Jul 2013, 00:51 AM

I stopped buying into the "headset" image crap. They're headphones with less bass than conventional headphones and a low end mic attached to it.

If you're primarily using it for RTS/MoBA games, there's zero reason to buy a headset. it would sound so much better on a decent pair of headphones.

But if you seriously want to buy a headset, maybe the Razor orca, I think they're like $60 or if you want to spend an extra $30, go with the Steelseries Siberia v2.

if you want a mic, a $20 stand-up logitech is better quality than a headset's mic if you're only willing to spend $60.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Desktop-Microphone-Black-Silver/dp/B00009EHJV

if you want to shop for a real pair of headphones that are cheap; http://www.reddit.com/r/audiophiles

oops. wrong link.

http://www.reddit.com/r/audiophile
27 Jul 2013, 01:40 AM

I have a Logitech G35, for a few years now. I absolutely love it, it sounds amazing (much better than any other headphones I've had) and I've not had any complaints about the mic.
27 Jul 2013, 01:44 AM

To bad you're on a budget, I've had so many cheaper variations and they all suck, I bought this:
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-360-Headset-Pro-Gaming/dp/B003DA4D2U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1374889287&sr=1-1&keywords=sennheiser+pc+360
I have never in my life been able to wear headphones for longer durations, but with these I can game for a full workday (8h without even taking them off, which I have been doing the past 3 days), they are outright the best I've tried, you get what you pay for I guess.
27 Jul 2013, 12:04 PM
Honorary Member Badge

i recomend getting a nicer or decent pair of headphones first then buying a clipon mic.

clipon mic

when i used it it actually did really well as far as qaulity adn it was 10 bucks.

27 Jul 2013, 13:55 PM
Donator 11

whatever you get, get sennheiser! i have tested many headsets, inears, headphones, etc, and sennheisers are usually the best in their price-category. i have my inears for 4 years now, thich is an eternity for inears. so i would probably get the ones ipkai suggested.
i would abstain from buying anything with "gaming" on it. most of the times its hust as good as the others, but will cost you 20 bucks more.
27 Jul 2013, 16:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I can only agree that gaming headsets are usually rip off. Regular hifi headphones give you way more quality per $.

I personally have to say, i have tested Sennheiser and am not 100% happy with the 50-100$ cathegory. They have high frequencies dominating, which is good for speech, but should you ever listen to music or want some "whoom" during explosions they are a bit underwhelming imo. They are by no means bad, but i found that AKG are better alrounders in that cathegory.

The AKG K540 is a good choice for example
27 Jul 2013, 17:14 PM

Thank you guys for all the suggestions I read them all!

Question: if I to use my stand-up mic . blew snowball .. isn't it going to pick up all the sound around unlike "gaming headset" that have like only picks up speech.. or something..
27 Jul 2013, 20:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge

that has nothing to do with it being a gaming headset or not. The microphone is totally independent of the headphones, its only some plastic that connects it into one piece and results in 50% extra price...
Its more about the quality of the microphone and whether it has noise supression or not. You may not want to take the cheapest 2$ microphone. The simple clip-on microphones have the weakness to record in all directions. Fixed microphones with noise reduction usually consist of two microphones. The regular one and one that is heading into the other direction, recording the surrounding. Thereby it is able to filter out the voice. Mics like this are also available separately.
27 Jul 2013, 21:37 PM

What about my Blue snowball mic is it any good ? or I should look for something else ?
27 Jul 2013, 22:59 PM

I got a pair of studio headphones and a modmic with that, really good stuff.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★