Login

russian armor

[1v1] Soviet vs Turtle OST

31 Dec 2016, 09:05 AM

I'm finding a lot of axis player now play a compleatly defensive game until they get tanks and then start crawling from their "shell"

So, I start with 3 conscripts and manage to win the first engangements.
He went with a 2 mg start and I responded teching up to T1 and using the flamecar to flush him out to find out he already had paks.

After he kills my T70 (after wiping 3 squads and a pak) I lost control of the match. He started wiping out my squads with a flametrack who managed to avoid death time after time.

His paks nullified my armor play. Maybe I should've back teched to T2 earlier istead of going T4?

Highlights:
- PPSH cons using hit the dirt melted a squad of flamepios and Pzgrens.
- T70 rounds just bounce of the Pak side armor.
- A Total waste of ammo in strafing runs (I tought they were like the stuka)

In general, I feel like I can never seal the deal with the soviets. I can outmanouver and bleed my oponent, but after the tier3 phase ends I feel I can't deliver a crippling blow.

PS: I don't know how to delete my other thread with the same content but wrongly tagged
31 Dec 2016, 09:14 AM

I´ll look at it and give you review.

Right now all I can tell you is from what you wrote here:

If ostheer digs in too much and you cannot break his pak-mg line, backtech to tier2 and get mortar, you will need zis in lategame anyway (if you dont have eanugh suchkas or su85 + t34/85).
Or get suchka hunting pack. 3-4 suckas are cheap, counter armor from afar if you have some troops to screen them and give them line of sigh + their barrage ability (free) wreak havoc on enemy fortifications.
Or if you feel having lot of fuel, you can get katyusha.

You wiped 3 sqauds and pak, maybe if you managed manning that pak, you would have much easier job. Also you started to lose not because you lost t70 (served its job by killing him cca 720 mp for squads and 100 mp fro manning pak, you should have 3 squad advantage). If you went suchkas (2) you could have kept his armor at bay.

I don´t recommend conscripts with tier1. PPSH conscripts are much better with tier2. They can cover hmgs from flanks, HMG counter squds at long range, mortart counter digged entrenchements and ZIS keeps armor at bay.

Tier 1 is good right now, but much better with penals (they are OP) followed by guards (great squad at long range against light vehicles and infantry). Then you must get t70 to seal the deal and later suchkas to keep armor at bay. Button + suchka is great combo

Tier4 is better than tier2 if you have fuel to field those tanks, Su85 > zis, T34/85 > mg katty >mortar, but if you lack fuel to fiel those tanks, tier4 is useless and getting tier2 and few suckas is better.

I´ll gove you much more info once I look at match

1 Jan 2017, 12:56 PM

I'll get to it soon(tm) after relatives leave. Will chew threw it by the evening max.
1 Jan 2017, 20:28 PM

So I watched your replay, and here's some thoughts on what you could catch up next time :)

Never in any circumstance place squads on top of eachother. This could result in severe casualties if hit by IDF (indirect fire) units, or, as in your case a lot of times, you rushed a HMG with 2 squads head-on. Try to split them up, because:
1: MG42 has horrible gun traverse
2: HMGs can't suppress 2 squads simultaneously in 2 different positions

Started building T1 in the 3 min mark - You either build it right off the bat or get T2. Getting it that late could've been ended very badly as an early 222 would've wreaked havoc, meaning the end of your M3's life and your game.

Too much squad idling - Your troops were often caught idling around the map. Either in base fully reinforced and healed or in the rear lines.

Multitasking (engi could've gotten out of that M3HT and repair it, not just sit in it and cap the cutoff)

8.30 min mark - low health squads, no medic, yet a lot of MP. Could've gotten a medic for 250 instead of reinforcing all the squads, it pays off in the long run

12 min mark - almost 300+ muni float, plant mines, demos, anything really. You planted them scattered across the battlefield, but left out important places, like chokepoints and etc.

14.30 min mark - 1k+ mp float, a mortar or 2 could've really helped you out as you couldn't deal with the double hmg, + a maxim for own cutoff defend would've been nice too, also that SU-76 was unnecessary (he was nowhere near getting a vehicle), could've teched to T4 and get katy or T-34. A good katy often spells death for enemy turtling

Use 76 barrage if bought - it's not post-patch WBP, it's still free and tearing down that house with the MG42 in it would've helped your forces greatly.

Too much passivity, mostly due to squad idling. You weren't offensive enough, weren't defensive enough. You were simply passive. Not attacking enemy positions, not planting mines on important routes and setting up mortars and hmgs to defend you point. Nothing like that. Your squads were moving from one point to another in parallel to the frontline

28.20 min mark - Main gun crit P4, no ATGs, only 1 gren on the other side of the map yet you didn't chase it down with that T-34..he couldn't have stopped it and it would've been gg

Destroy abandoned team weapons if you can't recrew them. Of course only if you can, this is easier said than done, and it's only OKW that can regularly deal with them w/o issues. However try planting a demo on it if you can.

Hope I could help you out :thumb:

Better luck next time, you were good, but need to be a bit more aggressive and all will be fine :thumbsup:
1 Jan 2017, 20:37 PM

Thanks!

So T1 its worth for its shock value.

I've problems to recognize through the tabs which units are on the base and which aren't.

I tried to destroy some of the AT guns, but T70 rounds just bounced off them and I was too scared to compromise my T 34 to destroy them
1 Jan 2017, 20:44 PM

Thanks!

So T1 its worth for its shock value.

I've problems to recognize through the tabs which units are on the base and which aren't.

I tried to destroy some of the AT guns, but T70 rounds just bounced off them and I was too scared to compromise my T 34 to destroy them

1 - Yes, T1 is only good because penals beat most of the units early game and vet up quickly, but become obsolete as the game develops

2 - If you don't do it, use keybinds/control groups (ctrl + "number 0-9", tho num0 isn't working for me) and always cycle between squads if you don't need to pay attention to a specific squad fighting or scouting

3 - Light tanks aren't good for them. Either use ATGs or mediums or assault guns for it. They have good damage/shell with considerable pen, so they'll reliably wreck them in no time.

4- Regarding T-34s. You could've also used them for those jobs, as they are inexpensive, easily replaceable and you had tons of resources for a new one. Don't worry if you lose one or 2 in a game, that's why they're here :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★