Login

russian armor

Where did I go wrong?

31 Dec 2016, 03:35 AM

I'm not really sure what happened at the end of this replay: I lost 90% of my army in less than a minute. Please advise.[replay][/replay]
31 Dec 2016, 04:58 AM

You played well. Brought the pressure early and controlled the map for most of the match. However, Burmie came up with a plan to end the match and executed it well.

Ultimately, you should always be looking for an opportunity or devising a plan in order to trick your opponent into losing a bunch of units all at once. Arty on the retreat point, like Burmie did, is pretty effective. You could have done something similar with your sherman. Force a retreat with your rifles and then chase his units with your sherman. Rangers flanking in and ambushing retreating units would have been sweet. Or draw his main force away from the howitzer and attack it.

Long story short, you were throwing punches and jabs, Burmie was looking for the knockout and he landed it.

31 Dec 2016, 07:21 AM

Usf have a forward retreat point that they can move.

Would have been extremely beneficial in this case.

Also, separate major and ambulance, just in case you opponent spots your FRP.
31 Dec 2016, 09:18 AM

This wrote sledgehammer on replay site, so I coppy it here as well.

!You played very well, but I have a few pointers. 1. That LeH was hammering your base and you needed to flank with your sherman instead of pushing up the middle, possibly through the south could have been a good option. With your smoke options you could have made it happen. 2. Your army was very rifle heavy. This is absolutely wonderful in the early game as it allows you to put so much pressure on, but a well rounded axis will whittle your army down over time. 3. That last push towards the end was too deep into enemy territory and, again, it was head on. You should have gone for an envelopment from the north and south. Or just shifted to the south and attacked from there, crushing the hedges with your pershing. Hope that helps.Sledgehammer

I will look at this replay and give you much more info. For first, keep in mind that burmie is top tier player and its really hard to defeat top tier players.
1 Jan 2017, 14:56 PM

Many players already gave you solid feedback and so want I. There is hovewer one problem - because Relic messed up with patches, right now units are bugged in older replays and its really hard to know what you did and what you didn´t. It gets worse any minute and after 15th minute there wasn´t anything doing except occasion 1-2 squad fights.Thats the main reason I focus only on early game and end reviewing replay once you tech because afterwards it started to bug (quad wasn´t moving, sherman wasn´t moving, each player was floating tons of resources etc etc ...)

Here you can see how bugged it was. Quad never moved.

Commaders

USF lack good lategame indirect to counter emplacements and static play. Thats why I recommend replacing riflemen doctrine with calliope doctrine. LMGs are great, Quad + stuart combo is strong and calliOP helps you to counter digged OKW player.

Super early game and capping order.

You did here mistake. Echelons should cap point near house, cut off, wire green cover and cap fuel, the procces to get munnition and VP. Riflemen should get church ASAP to stop pioners wiring mid VP and possibly even getting his house or helping at his munnition, where your second Rifle should go.

Once you saw enemy volks capping munition on your site, you should have capped south strategic point and VP point. Outcap him, when you cannot outfight him, then outcap him.Also place tank traps on places where you lack cover, it gives you edge in infantry fights.

Assault

You did really well ealry on by getting his munnition and also cut off. Then you wiped his volks and kubel. Game was almost over. If you went captain instaed of liehtenaunt, fast stuart could have ended game once and for all.

Also you lost many suqads stupidly because you retreat too late. Don´t use 2 men squads, retreat with them.

Loss of ambulance was stupid and crucial in wining game

Conclusion: If you went stuart instaed of quad, got bars earlier and didn´t lost so many squads stupidly (preservation, retreat faster ) you could have ended game before it drag into lategame. You did really well.

PS: I wasn´t able to realise what was happening and what wasn´t later on, thats why I cannot give you feedback. Sorry, replay isn´t working properly.

Cheers

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS