Login

russian armor

Halbe - 1v1 map

23 Dec 2016, 06:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The map basically consists of a giant open red cover road that bisects it left-to-right and covers all the combat area in the centre. Tiny morsels of green cover are strung about outside of bullet range to ensure that combat basically becomes a stalemate of who wants to leave their cover and die first.

This translates to snipers being absolutely impossible to counter because, again, the map is a giant open road with no sight nor shot-blockers. A-move down the centre and you're set.

The huge swathes of red cover also ensure that light vehicles do murderous damage and make retreating almost pointless. Elevation also screws with arcing weapons, causing lobbed shots to fly straight at their target and do tons of AOE damage.
23 Dec 2016, 06:56 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Negative cover on roads with wipe open spaces makes Snipers and Light Vehicles even more dominant, especially since the huge elevation creates issues with AT guns and specific units in particular such as ISU.

If all of the elevation was removed so that the map is flat, and remove all the neg cover in the middle so it's not so squad wipey and less campy, it would play much better.

I think the resource placement is fine though, which is something a lot of maps have struggled with.

23 Dec 2016, 07:06 AM
Donator 22

looking forward to playing it!
23 Dec 2016, 08:04 AM

It's weird indeed. Yes, it does seem to turn into an MG/mortar/AT gun clusterfuck at the middle. That, combined with the bug that makes USF weapon teams indistinguishable because they are all huge boxes makes for a very interesting game...
23 Dec 2016, 09:42 AM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

To be honest i would be happy when u could use this thread here:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/57475/new-community-map-feedback-thread

All 1vs1 mpas were updated and it would be good for us, the mappers, when all feedback is concentrated in a single thread.

Thanks!
23 Dec 2016, 15:29 PM

To be honest i would be happy when u could use this thread here:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/57475/new-community-map-feedback-thread

+1

Halbe changed a lot during the map contest, temporary removing the red cover was part it. I know that the layout is very different from other maps. My idea was to make something new, but any feedback is welcome to improve the gameplay.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★