Login

russian armor

Goliath available to all Axis

Should the Goliath tracked mine be available to all Axis commanders?
Option Distribution Votes
57%
43%
Total votes: 51
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Dec 2016, 01:15 AM

Hi Community,

With the Winter Balance changes looming round the corner, I will wager and say we are going to see some hardcore blobs in team games (specially if Penals do ge that PTRS).

Seeing how the Allies have a demo charge (combined with mines its absolutely lethal), what say the Axis powers all have access to the Goliath tank, just like in vCoH?
This will punish severe blobbing and encourage a more cautious battlefield presence for your enemies.

Cheers,
S
12 Dec 2016, 01:24 AM

Yeah I think I tend to support any measures that brings us closer to vcoh with true sight. :p
12 Dec 2016, 07:13 AM

I once saw someone posted a picture where it showed a German demo charge file for Wehrmacht's pioneer. For some reasons, they didn't add it to live version of the game. Maybe it's time to do it!
12 Dec 2016, 08:16 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As i remember, in vCoH every faction has non-doc explosive (Democharge for US, and UKF, Goliath for both Germans) to blow up buildings, bridges and fortifications.
IIRC, in CoH 2 only USSR has non-doc explosive. For all other factions (except Wehrmacht) access to explosive only with doctrines.
12 Dec 2016, 09:42 AM

And next step Democharges for all Allies?

No, we dont need more squad wipes. Just enough what we had.

Goliath is trade off, for another stuf from differents commanders.
12 Dec 2016, 09:52 AM

Bunker for sov. Sniper for usf. What's next in the list for such countless threads?
12 Dec 2016, 11:31 AM

Would be too op
12 Dec 2016, 11:41 AM

Goliath and Demo alike should ideally be entirely removed; or in the case of the Demo, only be allowed to be planted on buildings. They add next to no strategic depth to the game, but are a source of cheesy squadwipes with at best limited counterplay, genuinely one of the worst mechanics of this game.
12 Dec 2016, 11:49 AM

As Pugancious says, the fewer insta wipe abilities the better. Ideally the demo should not function as a mass wipe ability but in this game it doesn't. Blobs might be cancerous, but every faction has ways of dealing with them.
12 Dec 2016, 12:56 PM

I would recommend it if all demo charges would be like the booby trap abillity of obers and jager. this still ensures a slowdown of enemy capping due to the lost models, but does not insta wipe units, thus is not a cheesy nobrainer option like e.g. the soviet one.
12 Dec 2016, 20:11 PM

Wait, why the fuck aren't demo charges made specifically to DEMOLISH obstacles and buildings in the first place like in CoH? I mean, that's their point, plus I though they were aiming for more realism in this game, not less.

I can still remember the times when you can demo charge a sandbag in CoH, put a random sandbag, demo charge it, boom, instant booby trap, just bait an enemy squad to use the sandbags as cover and voila.

And only the British commandos could put demos wherever they wanted I THINK but I might be wrong about it, but I do believe people complained about getting their squads wiped by a single demo charge on capture points on the Axis side.

Goliaths tho... them buggers were fun to use for Bridges. Ohh, is that a tank that wants to cross? Nope, just send it straight to it's death.

Ah, such fond memories...
13 Dec 2016, 00:14 AM

Wow. 17:17 Stalemate!
Guess half wants it the other doesnt...

As i remember, in vCoH every faction has non-doc explosive (Democharge for US, and UKF, Goliath for both Germans) to blow up buildings, bridges and fortifications.

You are right, that they did

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2016, 09:52 AMHater
Bunker for sov. Sniper for usf. What's next in the list for such countless threads?

Your username reflects your views IRL. No need to be so salty.
And Im all for snipers and bunkers for all.

Goliath and Demo alike should ideally be entirely removed; or in the case of the Demo, only be allowed to be planted on buildings. They add next to no strategic depth to the game, but are a source of cheesy squadwipes with at best limited counterplay, genuinely one of the worst mechanics of this game.

I would agree, however 2v2 and up blobs are complete cancer and deserve such a punishing "cheese"
Plus you dont see this abuse in Rank 100 and up, so it's only for us grubs

I would recommend it if all demo charges would be like the booby trap abillity of obers and jager. this still ensures a slowdown of enemy capping due to the lost models, but does not insta wipe units, thus is not a cheesy nobrainer option like e.g. the soviet one.

Good suggestion!

Thanks for the replies all.
13 Dec 2016, 01:54 AM

Require demo charges to be placed on objects, not the open map.

There's your anti building, bridge, and bunker ability. Everyone who has demos also has mines.

The Goliath is a fun unit. I've seen it used since CoH1 pretty good effect and enjoyment. It served a very singular purpose, (blasting apart the more heinous types of infantry blobs.) and the Panzer Elite version IIRC wouldn't uncloak even if enemy units were standing on top of it.

But the Panzer Elite version was in T1. And Panzer Elite was the original, 'lol wtf you went T1' faction.

But for COH2 I've never seen it used competitively or to any strategic effect outside of the lulz of doing it. This is most likely due to the gimmicky commander its only available from. But that's the real unfortunate tale of CoH2.
13 Dec 2016, 03:31 AM

Wait, why the fuck aren't demo charges made specifically to DEMOLISH obstacles and buildings in the first place like in CoH? I mean, that's their point, plus I though they were aiming for more realism in this game, not less.

I can still remember the times when you can demo charge a sandbag in CoH, put a random sandbag, demo charge it, boom, instant booby trap, just bait an enemy squad to use the sandbags as cover and voila.

And only the British commandos could put demos wherever they wanted I THINK but I might be wrong about it, but I do believe people complained about getting their squads wiped by a single demo charge on capture points on the Axis side.

Goliaths tho... them buggers were fun to use for Bridges. Ohh, is that a tank that wants to cross? Nope, just send it straight to it's death.

Ah, such fond memories...

A Goliath won't even blow a bridge anymore
13 Dec 2016, 07:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2016, 03:31 AMsinthe

A Goliath won't even blow a bridge anymore

Yeah, I remember having to blow it up with a couple of them, same goes for the Allied demos.

Ain't that a bitch.
13 Dec 2016, 10:03 AM

Yes.
And in general, all factions should have equal non-doc set of tools like mines, demo charges (suddenly i realized that UKF REs have "destroy obstacle" ability, why not to take this as example and make demo act like this ability, but with more power, so it can destroy building/bridge/etc?), sandbags, tank traps, maybe trenches available for sapper units.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★