Login

russian armor

Metascore User Score 1.7 Ouch!

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
26 Jul 2013, 11:21 AM

If there was a game jap that portrayed Australians as evil guys in ww2, i'd say "cool, interesting, another point of view", but these russians take it as a direct attack?! like relic hates russia for some reason?? like this is some sort of nazi-propaganda??

i wonder why they're considered by many the worst people to play with online?

26 Jul 2013, 11:27 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Can we do without the personal insults, please? I'd rather not have to start moderating this. You guys are tiring me out. I don't even like moderating.
26 Jul 2013, 11:37 AM

If there was a game jap that portrayed Australians as evil guys in ww2, i'd say "cool, interesting, another point of view", but these russians take it as a direct attack?! like relic hates russia for some reason?? like this is some sort of nazi-propaganda??

i wonder why they're considered by many the worst people to play with online?

yes it would be funny. But if it ever will be in every game and movie etc... You will not be so fun.
26 Jul 2013, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 11:16 AMEwo

So incredibly relevant. Relic are ofc all child molestors and drug dealers etc.

If you have nothing more constructive to bring to the table, you should seriously consider not posting.

When a game company create a game that they and fans truly care for, I can understand the frustration they would feel, when a group of people are whipped into a hate-frenzy that seem to be based on an overdramatized idea that the game is only about insulting Russia. And that from one source that seem to easily form the opinion of many rather than inspire them to have their own opinion on stuff. What an idol he must be..

Thanks for saving me posting time <444>3
26 Jul 2013, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 09:36 AMraw

pretty solid numbers for a RTS, what ware you on about? You are also lying about the vCoH part: http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=4560q231430&from=0

Do some reaserach before you try to sound like Doctor Wisdom. Company of Heroes started to be Steam only game from 7th May this year (but server migration started in April this year). Before that date CoH was on Quazal servers. Steam stats represent just people that were loged directly through Steam. So he is telling the truth about 7-8k people online in CoH (going to near 10k sometimes). But after server migration player base just droped drasticly, to many bugs now in CoH or many just refused to use Steam, I don't know. Here is a post on CoH2.org about server migration: http://www.coh2.org/topic/2033/company-of-heroes-server-migration
26 Jul 2013, 12:00 PM

How can be they fucking up the SP campaign? I was pretty sure that's gona be the only part that ROCKS in COH2, after seeing the multiplayer...
26 Jul 2013, 12:06 PM

The Russian army shooting down their own retreating men, soldiers being sent into combat without a weapon or killing POW. Yeah, this is things which occured that rarely happened.

Actually Soviets killing POW was common, just look into the massacre at Katyn forest.

raw
26 Jul 2013, 12:12 PM

I watched the video, and though I couldn't understand the Russian, I could see where the guy was coming from. I think it may just be a question of "too much." Too much focus on Russian on Russian violence and not enough focus on Russian acts of Heroism. The title is "Company of Heroes", after all.

The problem with that is that rarely a "company" made it through the war intact, if at all. Unlike how it is displayed in vCoH, those companies of heroes actually /die/ in CoH2. That's why the story is narrated by the officer and the officer alone. The common soldier's life was treated as an arbitrary and disposable thing, so that form of narrative makes a lot of sense.
26 Jul 2013, 12:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 04:32 AMUGBEAR
Oh, BTW, allied strategic bombing sometimes has civilian concentrated area, and million civilians were killed by allied bombing, and extra 50K Japanese civilians were killed by US bombing. did vCOH mentioned that as well?

The campaign did not take place in the pacific so that would not make any sense, however i would change that to '' Why did they not mention that over 700,000 German POW died because of starvation and diseases while in US captivity''.
26 Jul 2013, 12:17 PM

You people realize that most of the info in the game that is displayed before the missions are direct quotations from this guys books?!!?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Goebbels

Keep defending your favorite studio all you want, Russians made sacrifice of epic proportions so that generation of spoiled kids would value some game higher than their accomplishments.

Get your shit together and stop thinking that you are so hip and cool because oh look I am not like the rest I hate Russians just because that makes me look kewl. Common sense people, common sense and decency, fucking find some in your hearts.
26 Jul 2013, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 09:36 AMraw

pretty solid numbers for a RTS, what ware you on about? You are also lying about the vCoH part: http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=4560q231430&from=0

I remember a time when ppl were really happy that we finally hit 10k users on COH1. This was during the old servers.

Even during time between the server change and COH2, just about almost no-one played Steam. It was buggy as hell and drophackers had it even better there for a time.

This is not so much doomsaying as in actual concern. And this time, the numbers back me up.
26 Jul 2013, 12:25 PM

You know what guys, I was wrong.

Stalin was a hero. There were no purges. There were no show trials. Order 227 was never enforced. Penal Battalions are a myth. People went voluntarily to the Gulags.

I'm sorry for dragging the names of over 10 million Russians through the mud. They made a valiant sacrifice to save us all from the Nazi oppressors, and they should be remembered as the heroes of World War II.

Relic has truly portrayed the Russians in an unfair light here, and they're very justified in their disgruntlement. There was no massacre of Polish people - this is just a myth perpetuated by biased western media. Soviet commanders DID care about their soldiers and didn't waste them so callously. Each man in the Soviet army was happy to die for the motherland. The Nazis were not portrayed fairly at all, all the wide scale massacres of the Soviet people, killing millions upon millions of innocents, this was left unreported by the bias Relic Nazis.

loljk 3rd Reich best reich.
26 Jul 2013, 12:27 PM

One of the posts:

Terrible game. It has nothing looking like real historical facts.Everything is lie! Creator of this game must be burnt in the hell. And their friend Hitler will be their neighbour.

Yup, it seems that america isn't the only country with that problem...

Seriously, when are people going to stop trying to whitewash history.

In the meantine, let's start talking about Godwin's Law. I think it needs an adjustment here.
raw
26 Jul 2013, 12:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 12:20 PMhubewa

I remember a time when ppl were really happy that we finally hit 10k users on COH1. This was during the old servers.

Even during time between the server change and COH2, just about almost no-one played Steam. It was buggy as hell and drophackers had it even better there for a time.

This is not so much doomsaying as in actual concern. And this time, the numbers back me up.

I have no trouble finding matches and that is as far as the numbers concern me vOv
26 Jul 2013, 12:43 PM

First of all, you should stop calling Soviets, Russians and Nazi, Germans, that would be great.

Then I don't know what's the point of the thread but during the whole ww2 conflict, Soviets weren't "saviors" AT ALL for Europe (in comparison with USA and UK). Just open a book to learn about the 50 years post-ww2.

26 Jul 2013, 12:57 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 12:43 PMPepsi
First of all, you should stop calling Soviets, Russians and Nazi, Germans, that would be great.

Then I don't know what's the point of the thread but during the whole ww2 conflict, Soviets weren't "saviors" AT ALL for Europe (in comparison with USA and UK). Just open a book to learn about the 50 years post-ww2.

Pepsi srsly? Are you for real? Open a map and check the distance from Moscow until Berlin and after that check the distance from Normandy until Berlin. The start calculating how many countries The Allies liberated and how many countries the Soviets liberated. If you start telling me that Soviets occupied what they liberated .......... Nevermind no point talking about it. Don`t forget to check the monuments in the countries the Soviets liberated, what do you see? Churchill? Or the unknown soldier of the Red Army who gave his life to push back the Nazis. Yes there some countries that hate Stalin for what he did. But it`s just business they saved your ass from Nazis pay for it somehow. If you tell me the other allies didn`t do the same that would be a lie. They maybe did it in a different smarter way than Stalin did it, but nevertheless they still did it.
26 Jul 2013, 13:06 PM

I love all those Historians in this thread that come up with singular events during that era and then totally ignore the Larger picture.
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS