Login

russian armor

Metascore User Score 1.7 Ouch!

• This thread is locked
PAGES (6)down
26 Jul 2013, 08:38 AM

I believe that any game that chooses to portray a truly sensitive part of history, whether it be the Eastern Front, the First World War or even the Crimea, it deserves respect.

In Russian eyes I can see how this would be pretty outrageous. (Just noticed that if you zoom into the houses that are burning, you hear women and children screaming)I also agree that the game should have focused only on the Soviet effort to turn the tide of the German invader. Pavlov's House anyone?

Forget all of this story coming from a political prisoner 6+ years later. Tell it in "real time" as it were. I honestly don't understand it. The idea of a prisoner being interrogated and having flashbacks has been over done. For example, why not follow a division from its birth until its death, is that not dark enough? Show countless divisions and tank battalions being wiped out in a matter of days. There was no need for Relic to rustle people's political Jimmies.

I understand the idea that Relic wanted to portray the war in a very dark light. I believe this is because they wanted to pay respect to those who fought the Patriotic War. However, they seemed to have got their wires crossed in terms of actual story writing. A campaign can be dark without the need to listen to screaming children and in some eyes disrespecting the Russian people.

War is a terrible thing, and sacrifices, war crimes, heroism and suffering was endured on both sides. Yes this is a game, but, like any form of media, it should show a degree of respect to those who were involved. We owe them that at least.
raw
26 Jul 2013, 08:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 02:26 AMhubewa

I have no idea why Relic aimed at the Singleplayer - games do not grow on Singleplayer, they grow on Multiplayer.

There is a surprising big % of people that buy RTS just for the single-player. It would be pretty dumb not to address them.

The war crimes in reality are minimalistic in comparison to the heroism of the soviets soldiers fighting for their country in the war.

Your shitposting is everything but minimalistic.
26 Jul 2013, 08:56 AM

lulz

National pride? I see now they just gave it red score to show how much they love Russia. Degenerates...

http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/27/report-konami-drop-six-days-in-fallujah/ it's just a game. Yea ugly degenerates.
raw
26 Jul 2013, 09:02 AM

http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/27/report-konami-drop-six-days-in-fallujah/ it's just a game

“We had intended to convey the reality of the battles to players so that they could feel what it was like to be there.”

Better not to make too realistic video games. As long as they're just Duty Calls level story telling it's ok, but oh boy if there is just a shred of truth in there I am gonna call the UN! I want my retarded shit served butterly soft in my games about explosions and awesome looking weapons.
26 Jul 2013, 09:15 AM

lol...the negative comments are so stupid :D i bet that most of those guys didn't even play the game too much
26 Jul 2013, 09:35 AM

Whatever metacritic says, the stats for the plays on Steam more or less tell us what multiplayer is like.

6,724 independent players as a peak on COH2 in the past 24 hrs.

This is no better than (if not worse than) the numbers of players in COH1 in January, and for a new game a month old with so much hype, this is bad news.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
raw
26 Jul 2013, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 09:35 AMhubewa
Whatever metacritic says, the stats for the plays on Steam more or less tell us what multiplayer is like.

6,724 independent players as a peak on COH2 in the past 24 hrs.

This is no better than (if not worse than) the numbers of players in COH1 in January, and for a new game a month old with so much hype, this is bad news.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

pretty solid numbers for a RTS, what ware you on about? You are also lying about the vCoH part: http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=4560q231430&from=0
26 Jul 2013, 09:49 AM

vCoH was never Steam exclusive until very recently when it migrated to Steam servers.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 02:40 AMUGBEAR
The guy saved his commander executed...... the only heroism in the game and was killed by the evil red....

You didn't play the campaign.

The only solution to this problem is a Mass Effect style DLC where they take 30 minutes to praise Stalin in one long cutscene.
26 Jul 2013, 10:01 AM
Patrion 26

lulz

National pride? I see now they just gave it red score to show how much they love Russia. Degenerates...

Did you just insult Russians?
26 Jul 2013, 10:07 AM

http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/27/report-konami-drop-six-days-in-fallujah/ it's just a game. Yea ugly degenerates.

The reason I stated that is because people are narrow minded by just giving a game 0 because of a few in-game campaign events. Yes, some people may be offended by it and I can understand their point of view. However, to view something as a whole because of a few events is an irrational mindset.

The Russian army shooting down their own retreating men, soldiers being sent into combat without a weapon or killing POW. Yeah, this is things which occured that rarely happened, however it is all portrayed in the game. I understand that it could skew the understanding and beliefs of people uneducated or uninterested in the events of WW2.

I havn't finished all the campaign as of yet, but I am up to mission 7. I do see some things that make me question upon such as the burning of your own men and some cinematics. However, I do still see a sense of heroism, patriotism and self sacrifice present in the game. If these people are in denial about the dark events that occur during any war, from any side, well they have to open their eyes. People always focus on the negatives. I do understand why people get upset/angry but to act in manner like that aggrevates me.
26 Jul 2013, 10:09 AM
Patrion 26

The reason I stated that is because people are narrow minded by just giving a game 0 because of a few in-game campaign events. Yes, some people may be offended by it and I can understand their point of view. However, to view something as a whole because of a few events is an irrational mindset.

The Russian army shooting down their own retreating men, soldiers being sent into combat without a weapon or killing POW. Yeah, this is things which occured that rarely happened, however it is all portrayed in the game. I understand that it could skew the understanding and beliefs of people uneducated or uninterested in the events of WW2.

I havn't finished all the campaign as of yet, but I am up to mission 7. I do see some things that make me question upon such as the burning of your own men and some cinematics. However, I do still see a sense of heroism, patriotism and self sacrifice present in the game. If these people are in denial about the dark events that occur during any war, from any side, well they have to open their eyes.

An you find this as an adequate reason to insult them?
I really thought you for a better man Steph. You an all the other casters should be neutral to show this community how to actually talk, you are a public face after all and people watch your stream, but you go around and insult people? Srsly?
26 Jul 2013, 10:17 AM

It's a silly war film style campaign, and at least it's a little more memorable than the characters in the first game. It definitely does show some acts of Soviet heroism, though it doesn't spend time reiterating that the Nazis are evil for people too lazy to fill in the blanks (and what's the need for it). My objection if anything to the way the campaign is done so far is that they haven't really implicated me as a player in any of the awfulness aside from order 223 being tricksy... I'd kind of like to see a few levels where you can do nasty things as a non-necessary shortcut/easy mode so that being the heroic upstanding argumentative type that our main character is becomes a matter of sacrifice and challenge rather than de rigueur.

Anyone who goes from this to say that Relic are somehow pro-nazi or insulting their Russian playerbase or something like that... ugh... EDL types...
26 Jul 2013, 10:18 AM

lulz

wow...
26 Jul 2013, 10:28 AM

Am I being racist and have a predispostion towards Russians? No. I should of gone into more reasoning in the initial post I made as it may have come across that way and I apologise.

Have I been insulting by naming them 'degenerates'? Yes, I have been and I apologise for that. My insult was aimed at those that do not take all into consideration, such as gameplay, music, sound, graphics and game design. Rather opting to give a 0 because of something that offends them and pushing back all the other hard work Relic has done. I have explained that I do understand their point of view but I believe it to be a drastic response.

Am I not allowed to have an opinion because I am a caster? Yeah your probably right. However I feel I want to and need to because I enjoy this game and feel as though ratings like that do not give a fair and accurate response.
26 Jul 2013, 10:32 AM
Patrion 26

Am I being racist and have a predispostion towards Russians? No. I should of gone into more reasoning in the initial post I made as it may have come across that way and I apologise.

Have I been insulting by naming them 'degenerates'? Yes, I have been and I apologise for that. My insult was aimed at those that do not take all into consideration, such as gameplay, music, sound, graphics and game design. Rather opting to give a 0 because of something that offends them and pushing back all the other hard work Relic has done. I have explained that I do understand their point of view but I believe it to be a drastic response.

Every person has his own point of view on this matter. But it doesnt give anyone the right to insult people. Even the Russian guy who did the video insulted everyone at Relic. Which I find wrong and feel ashamed for it
26 Jul 2013, 10:42 AM

Every person has his own point of view on this matter. But it doesnt give anyone the right to insult people. Even the Russian guy who did the video insulted everyone at Relic. Which I find wrong and feel ashamed for it

Yeah I have acknowledged that direct insults are wrong and apologized. I can't help but feel though the whole Relic team is insulted when they receive such ratings of that manner, due to a single facet of the game. All their hardwork.
26 Jul 2013, 11:04 AM

Yeah I have acknowledged that direct insults are wrong and apologized. I can't help but feel though the whole Relic team is insulted when they receive such ratings of that manner, due to a single facet of the game. All their hardwork.

I bet you would love this US film producer that raped small kids, then moved to France and became big Film Producer. Who cares about the child raping, his movies are good!!

1st world problems, oh my game god bad review :( better rage at all the people that are upset about such unimportant stuff as humanity/valor/honor/courage. Lets all just play videogames in our AC rooms sipping on Coolaid.
26 Jul 2013, 11:15 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I watched the video, and though I couldn't understand the Russian, I could see where the guy was coming from. I think it may just be a question of "too much." Too much focus on Russian on Russian violence and not enough focus on Russian acts of Heroism. The title is "Company of Heroes", after all.

Yes, the war was bleak and there were situations where Russian methods were drastic. Order 227 existed, that's undeniable. Unfathomable acts of human cruelty and brutality occurred all over the world during WW2.

But the problem is that the entire COH2 campaign story focuses more on Russian on Russian acts of violence than it does on what should have been the main story, Russians fighting to survive and save their homeland.

Trying to tell this story, even now (too soon?) is going to put Relic in a pinch either way. If it's too heroic, critics will complain that Relic is Stalinist and is glorifying a regime that committed some pretty crazy crimes, and if it's too much about Russian brutality, critics will complain that it doesn't do the heroic Russian soldiers justice and that the game was made by Nazi sympathizers. It was totally out-of-line for "BadComedian" to put a Swastika over Relic's "R" in the logo, by the way. But it's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

I agree with Relic's critics that the campaign leans too far to one side, and could have done with a few more acts of heroism and kindness, which also existed in abundance during WW2.
Ewo
26 Jul 2013, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2013, 11:04 AMSukha

I bet you would love this US film producer that raped small kids, then moved to France and became big Film Producer. Who cares about the child raping, his movies are good!!

1st world problems, oh my game god bad review :( better rage at all the people that are upset about such unimportant stuff as humanity/valor/honor/courage. Lets all just play videogames in our AC rooms sipping on Coolaid.

So incredibly relevant. Relic are ofc all child molestors and drug dealers etc.

If you have nothing more constructive to bring to the table, you should seriously consider not posting.

When a game company create a game that they and fans truly care for, I can understand the frustration they would feel, when a group of people are whipped into a hate-frenzy that seem to be based on an overdramatized idea that the game is only about insulting Russia. And that from one source that seem to easily form the opinion of many rather than inspire them to have their own opinion on stuff. What an idol he must be..
PAGES (6)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
United States 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %