Login

russian armor

[All Units mod] poll for OKW base-defense

How would you like to change the Oberkommando west base-defense?
Option Distribution Votes
13%
31%
6%
31%
13%
6%
Total votes: 16
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
5 Dec 2016, 16:51 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Many people complain about the OKW base-defense and I would like to satisfy the community in my All Units mod.

Some facts:
- OKW has the only base defenses that can be decrewed and turned on the base itself.
- Once they have been decrewed, they take up population cap if you want to use them again.

I would like to know your opinion about this and that's why I've created this poll. Please comment when you've other ideas to improve the gameplay! (I aim for unique content, so I'd rather not add the Wehrmacht defense to OKW)

The mod:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=350031348
5 Dec 2016, 16:57 PM

Make them non decrewable. Simply let them be destroyed by taking damage. They need to have either suppression or better damage.
5 Dec 2016, 20:19 PM

And why have the option of replacing them with a bunker with a mg34? The mg34 is the shittiest mg in the game lol.
5 Dec 2016, 20:45 PM

Flak is LOOOONG overdue for an upgrade.
Currently if you build one you are just wasting resources
5 Dec 2016, 21:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Flak is LOOOONG overdue for an upgrade.
Currently if you build one you are just wasting resources

It's not about the build-able flak. It's about the ones which spawn at your base at the beginning of each game.
5 Dec 2016, 21:24 PM

It's not about the build-able flak. It's about the ones which spawn at your base at the beginning of each game.

Yeah, I'm with you; They are both the same version, no?
6 Dec 2016, 06:09 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Yeah, I'm with you; They are both the same version, no?

They are the same at the moment, but I only want to change to default base version.
6 Dec 2016, 21:41 PM

They are the same at the moment, but I only want to change to default base version.

Good idea!
Slightly off topic, but I see your mod used often in custom team games.
I had a chance at using it in SP on Sittart summer, the game lagged to a halt, and only closing it would fix it...
No other mod has done this and PC is still new.
Any idea what causes this?
7 Dec 2016, 06:08 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Good idea!
Slightly off topic, but I see your mod used often in custom team games.
I had a chance at using it in SP on Sittart summer, the game lagged to a halt, and only closing it would fix it...
No other mod has done this and PC is still new.
Any idea what causes this?

I'm aware of this problem and it seems to occur only when okw is present. I'm still searching for a solution.
7 Dec 2016, 21:14 PM

I'm aware of this problem and it seems to occur only when okw is present. I'm still searching for a solution.

Fantastic!
Does that mean when you play as OKW or when you have OKW generally in the game?
I will keep that in mind next time I use the mod, thanks Sneak!
7 Dec 2016, 21:24 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Fantastic!
Does that mean when you play as OKW or when you have OKW generally in the game?
I will keep that in mind next time I use the mod, thanks Sneak!

I had the lag last time when I played 2 vs 4, 2 players vs 2 wehr and 2 okw. I also heard other people had the problem and it didn't matter whenever okw was played with or against. It's very hard to find the problem without good debug tools, so all test-results are welcome!
8 Dec 2016, 18:01 PM

I voted for the maintaining of the flak defenses but with the removal of the abandon critical.

I choose this because I like to maintain some diversities between the factions and keep OKW a little different from ostheer.

However, I would like to maintain the abandon critical of Flak position whose are constructed by sturmpioneer (either with the commander or via the all unit mod). By this way, it forces you to strategically choose the position. You can defend hardly a point, but it can turn against you if the enemy manage to kill and recover your flak position. By this way, it decrease the chance to get a "blob" of flak defense :)

But I don't know if it's possible to do that: remove the abandon critical from the flak base defense, but maintain it for the newly-builded flak defense...

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!
8 Dec 2016, 21:54 PM

I had the lag last time when I played 2 vs 4, 2 players vs 2 wehr and 2 okw. I also heard other people had the problem and it didn't matter whenever okw was played with or against. It's very hard to find the problem without good debug tools, so all test-results are welcome!

Thanks Dude!

I played a community map with a 5x resources mod + all units mod yesterday as Werh and 3 other OKW... It was fine, no lag...

So far I have had lag on the following with 2 or more OKW 4v4 maps:
The Sheldt (all variations)
Sittart Summer.

Will do more playtesting and get back to you. If you wish, I can also provide you with log dumps and replays.

Sorry to hijack thread
12 Jan 2017, 06:08 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Thanks Dude!

I played a community map with a 5x resources mod + all units mod yesterday as Werh and 3 other OKW... It was fine, no lag...

So far I have had lag on the following with 2 or more OKW 4v4 maps:
The Sheldt (all variations)
Sittart Summer.

Will do more playtesting and get back to you. If you wish, I can also provide you with log dumps and replays.

Sorry to hijack thread

I've updated to mod yesterday with a possible fix. I had 3 games over 30 min each without lag. Against 2 and 4 hard okw AI.

This requires much more tests to be sure, so I want to ask you if you want to test the new version?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS