Login

russian armor

Doctrine switching

16 Nov 2016, 11:44 AM

The idea of committing to one commander per game is IMO obtuse. Various commanders give benefits right at the start of the game, but at the cost of lategame benefits, like tigers or IS call-ins, so why you should go after those. There are a few exceptions of course, but the more the game progress u should adapt to what ur facing or what u expect could be the next move of your opponent. Also max. command points is 32.. Why?!.. Tiger Ace has the highest command point requirement and that is 17.

There should be restrictions of course.

You cant change commander before 10-15 (1v1) mins had passed.

Your command points will be halved.
- or -
Your command points will be back at 0.

Every player is alerted if someone changed his doctrine.. For team games the time could be higher (2v2/20:00 3v3/30:00 4v4/40:00)

Also, there could be different "conditions" for certain abilities depending on the commander. For example:

Wehr Mechanized Assault can call-in Tiger tanks while Assault Support could make it "buildable". Each one with its own pros and cons. Similar to UKF commandos.

I would like to see this. I'm optimistic... and meta-games are way boring to watch and play.

So.. whatcha think ppl?

tl;dr: Make it possible to change commanders after initial pick, but with heavy restrictions.
16 Nov 2016, 12:36 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Why would I pick a non Tiger doctrine and after 15 Minutes I see I need a Tiger but shit even if I switch to a Tiger doctrine I can't call it in because my command points are reduced.

I like the idea tbh but a change like this would require a general rework of the commander system.
16 Nov 2016, 19:57 PM

I agree, this can be worked on but Relic probably won't look at it because CoH 2 is at it's life span if we're honest here.
17 Nov 2016, 02:05 AM

Because the commanders don't branch and are just linear paths, I would so much prefer to be able to utilize all three bloody commander choices, but have to invest CPs into specific commanders.

To get a properly timed late game call-in you'd have to commit all CPs to one commander.

Yeah yeah, shocks with guards, etc, but stug Es with smoke with scope.

It's the one mod project I never tackled when I still had the free time to invest in CoH2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★