Login

russian armor

Unranked Automatch Hack

14 Nov 2016, 21:34 PM

I have played a few games with Brosras in 2v2 recently where his arranged team that is actually ranked number 1 (allies) comes up on CELO as unranked. I investigated his match history. It appears their games are usually against ranks far beneath theirs. I think there is something fishy going on here. They are somehow blocking their rank from being used to find appropriate matches.

I spoke on shoutbox about it earlier and someone else mentioned they had seen other high ranking players coming up as unranked when they have easily enough recent games to be ranked.

Can anyone give us any detail on if this is possible?

Thanks
ps. Please move to more appropriate subforum.
14 Nov 2016, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2016, 21:34 PMRappy
I have played a few games with Brosras in 2v2 recently where his arranged team that is actually ranked number 1 (allies) comes up on CELO as unranked. I investigated his match history. It appears their games are usually against ranks far beneath theirs. I think there is something fishy going on here. They are somehow blocking their rank from being used to find appropriate matches.

I spoke on shoutbox about it earlier and someone else mentioned they had seen other high ranking players coming up as unranked when they have easily enough recent games to be ranked.

Thanks

Celo sometimes dont find the good informations.

the way the search system works is : first 10 minutes (im not sure how much minutes) it is trying to find someone that got the same rank as you then after 10 minutes it just find a game and don't care about ranks.

since alot of good team stoped playing, it hard for to ranked playes to find good games.
14 Nov 2016, 21:51 PM

No, I don't think this is what's happening here.

I was playing with a new arranged team and was unranked. The matchmaking took about 2 minutes and 3 minutes each time.
The matches his team are playing are vs unranked and rank 2000ish players / teams.

This is not because of low player base. There are PLENTY of higher ranked axis teams playing at any one time.
14 Nov 2016, 22:52 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Thanks

Hello Rappy,

first of all, your Title wtf....

About your problem:

1. When you have not played 10 games with a faction in random 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 4vs4. You are Unranked. Celo shows the same

When you start to play with friend AT 2vs2, 3vs3,4vs4 you need to play 10 Placementmatches as well. You are Unranked. Celo shows the same

When you stopped playing a faction on a special modus or with a friend and you start playing again, you are Unranked. Celo shows the same.

2. When you have a rank for example 200. Celo will show your rank 199. Because Celo allways shows the Rank one less.

3. When somebody is Rank 1!, Celo shows unranked. 1 minus one less = 0 --> Unranked.

So its all fine :)
15 Nov 2016, 00:52 AM

Only the last point is at all relevant to what im saying (if you read it more carefully - as in, I know why my team was unranked), but thanks. I didn't know that about CELO and rank 1.

I still think its weird he is getting matched with unranked people and people down in the dumps. They were quick matchups and loads of people online. It happens a lot. I have noticed that since the update a while back, automatch with randoms is now more interested in finding a same level teammate than it cares about equality of opposition these days, but that shouldn't mean arranged teams are like this.
15 Nov 2016, 02:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2016, 00:52 AMRappy

I have noticed that since the update a while back, automatch with randoms is now more interested in finding a same level teammate than it cares about equality of opposition these days, but that shouldn't mean arranged teams are like this.

Oh Rappy, this pain I know all too well mate...
As a 4v4 guy, I was in tears by the end of my 12 losing streak as Axis over the weekend.
Not sure what's happened to matchmaking, , but it's really bad of late
15 Nov 2016, 03:36 AM

As a 4v4 guy, I was in tears by the end of my 12 losing streak as Axis over the weekend.

I tried a few random 4v4 matches as OKW. It was painful. I think the problem is just that most of the better players don't play a lot and automatch will eventually expand the search.....
Vaz
15 Nov 2016, 04:24 AM

Thanks

Please answer me this:

What rank is equal to or above 1?
15 Nov 2016, 07:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2016, 04:24 AMVaz

Please answer me this:

What rank is equal to or above 1?

I don't know if you have made any point here. If so, please actually make the point instead of alluding to it with a loose sarcasm.
15 Nov 2016, 09:16 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2016, 00:52 AMRappy
Only the last point is at all relevant to what im saying (if you read it more carefully - as in, I know why my team was unranked), but thanks. I didn't know that about CELO and rank 1.

I still think its weird he is getting matched with unranked people and people down in the dumps. They were quick matchups and loads of people online. It happens a lot. I have noticed that since the update a while back, automatch with randoms is now more interested in finding a same level teammate than it cares about equality of opposition these days, but that shouldn't mean arranged teams are like this.

I made the whole thread so, because maybe other people don't know how Celo works :)

I know for you point 3 would be enough, but to answer other question i made point 1 and 2 as well.

And yes sometimes the matchmaking is strange. My team was rank 1 and we knew, that another team, which was rank3, is searching. And still we needed 10 min and then we did not got them xD and we got random scrubs :P

15 Nov 2016, 09:19 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2016, 03:36 AMGrumpy

I tried a few random 4v4 matches as OKW. It was painful. I think the problem is just that most of the better players don't play a lot and automatch will eventually expand the search.....

Make a new Thread for searching a 4vs4 group. So you are not random anymore!!!
15 Nov 2016, 22:50 PM

Make a new Thread for searching a 4vs4 group. So you are not random anymore!!!

Good suggestion Panther!
Trouble is I have a sporadic work schedule and cant exactly commit to playing at a set time.
Plus I'm down under, which means odd hours for the rest of the world
15 Nov 2016, 22:58 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Good suggestion Panther!
Trouble is I have a sporadic work schedule and cant exactly commit to playing at a set time.
Plus I'm down under, which means odd hours for the rest of the world

Pretty sure, there will be other people with the same timezone playing at your time, when you are playing :)

I mean you find enemies, when you are searching so^^

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS