Login

russian armor

Help with defeating maxim spam as OKW!

13 Nov 2016, 18:53 PM

It's like the 6th game I get matched against this guy and I have no idea how to beat this strat. He did it every single game.

13 Nov 2016, 21:24 PM

Veto angoville. Shit map.
14 Nov 2016, 10:16 AM
Patrion 15

hi,
what i noticed from watching the game:

you did poorly early game.
to my surprise you came back strong in midgame and nearly turned the game around.

if you improve in the first 10 minutes i guess you will have the edge over the opponent.

as i see it, the main problem in the beginning was that you simply teched up too early and while sinking 500 manpower in a truck and healing you were simply outnumbert on the field.

at 4 minutes your sturmpios + 2 volks + kubel where facing 2 cons + 3 maxims + engineers
thats about 900 mp vs 1450 mp

at 6 minutes it did not improve: you had an isg + sturmpios + 2 volks, he had 3 maxims + 3 cons + pios - thats about 1100 mp vs 1700 mp

i would at least build another fighting unit if not 2 early.
for example another volk + a optional jaeger at 2 cp if it gives you the opportunity to kill or steal a maxim.

14 Nov 2016, 10:31 AM

hi,
as i see it, the main problem in the beginning was that you simply teched up too early and while sinking 500 manpower in a truck and healing you were simply outnumbert on the field.

Someone else pointed this out too. The reason I teched for the ISG immediately is because I faced this guy enough times to know his tactic, so I knew I needed an ISG asap before his Maxims would overwhelm me. I didn't see the value of going for the 3rd Volk at the start because they would just be cannon fodder for his Maxims.
14 Nov 2016, 11:27 AM

Will look at it if needed, quote then :)
14 Nov 2016, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2016, 11:27 AMDanyek
Will look at it if needed, quote then :)

I would appreciate it, thanks.
14 Nov 2016, 14:46 PM

I'll try to get out a review by the end of this day :)
14 Nov 2016, 16:08 PM

Oh man. How much I hate myself. Don't hate me but I lost that shitload of text I've written to help you out. And I don't really want to watch the game again + set up that ton of help, so I'm gonna be quick now (the most game-losing flaws):

- You did relatively well given the conditions
- Should never attack garrisoned HMGs with only 1 squad
- You needed more active combatant squad or IDF rather than HMG
- You must hate vehicles :D You really threw away every single one of them :(
- You nicely crawled back yourself to the game and then a wild KV-2 appeared :(
- Always creep up on a HMG that's facing the wrong way (JLI was firing from max range)
- Use the OKW's "go gipsy for 5 seconds" ability aka "Salvage" -> it not only gives you free fuel but also helps you deny team weapons to your enemy

And I'm really really sorry that this mistake happened to your review. Really, I'm feeling so ashamed and sad that I wrote a sweethearted, kind (really, I would've helped with that load of text and I was taking it a bit of funny considering how many jokes I put into it). I hope you don't hate me for it and can fix those things in your play even with this minimal amount of pointed out help I really put my heart into the first version that's lost :wub:

Anyways, it was GG, I enjoyed every moment of it, keep up the good work :)
14 Nov 2016, 17:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Nov 2016, 16:08 PMDanyek
I hope you don't hate me for it

I hate you for it. :| If you lost the awesome post at least don't tell me how awesome it was. :D
Thanks for the tips though. :)
14 Nov 2016, 17:58 PM

I'll keep it in mind :D

No problem, that's why we are here :thumb: If you need something I could help in the future :)

Good luck on the battlefield :thumb:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS