Login

russian armor

Sniper change

11 Nov 2016, 18:56 PM

Sorry if I missed something. Was there a sniper change recently? My sniper (UKF) does not shot automatically (shooting on, obviously), I need to select unit to shoot at. I noticed that in many recent games.
11 Nov 2016, 19:24 PM

I notice that too but i;m too lazy to test it :(
11 Nov 2016, 19:25 PM
Donator 11

Sorry if I missed something. Was there a sniper change recently? My sniper (UKF) does not shot automatically (shooting on, obviously), I need to select unit to shoot at. I noticed that in many recent games.

There was a change to UKF sniper aimed to repair a bug when sniper would shoot a building instead of soldiers in it. I don't know what it really did though, as I didn't play ukf since the patch.

Btw this thread belongs to coh2 bugs forum rather than ballance one.
11 Nov 2016, 22:03 PM

Something about a-moving, rightklicking or just walking into the range of infantry models is extremely fishy. There are apparent differences concerning target acquisition and firing where there shouldn't be.
12 Nov 2016, 06:53 AM

If your sniper is stealthed, he'll only automatically start attacking against targets that go above a certain priority threshold. Because this priority is generally reduced the further you are from a target, and is also reduced by any turning that the sniper needs to do to engage, at max range none of the three snipers will start firing automatically unless they are staring down the barrel at the enemy squad.

It could be that previously the wrongly set penetration priority flag on the ukf sniper made him engage any targets in this situation, I'm not gonna waste time testing because that isn't coming back, his behaviour is now consistent with the other two snipers.
12 Nov 2016, 09:10 AM

Yip cruzz is correct but only the brit sniper does that FeelsBadMan
12 Nov 2016, 09:26 AM

So another broken unit from the attempts of Relic to fix some? Well, at least it's not a first. Currently I'm more worried that they'll break a unit even more if they attempt to 'fix it'.
12 Nov 2016, 09:50 AM

I was just using UKF Snipers and when attack moving they both shoot at the same individual model. Same applies when left clicking on a unit, they both will only shoot the same model.

Snipers aren't supposed to be like that are they?
12 Nov 2016, 13:03 PM
Donator 11

I was just using UKF Snipers and when attack moving they both shoot at the same individual model. Same applies when left clicking on a unit, they both will only shoot the same model.

Snipers aren't supposed to be like that are they?

If you A-move and they both come in range of the same model first then they will shoot the same model. This applies to all snipers and this is why a-moving one sniper is godlike, but a-moving more of them is considered a mistake. Ofc if both the snipers and enemy squad are spaced horizontally rather than vertically, then they will shoot different targets, but it is hard to tell. If you are ordering them to shoot same squad instead of a-moving they can also do this, but it is more of a gamble than mismicro then.

This may possibly be further amplified by the long aim time of ukf sniper.

Mind that it is sometimes a good thing. For example they will also shoot the same LV like kubel, or they will shoot the same last model of retreating squad, increasing the chance of wipe. In case of other snipers, it is also usefull to shoot the same window twice as they doesn't have 100% acc against buildings like brit sniper does.

The best workaround is to space your snipers so that they don't come into battle at the same time. One should shoot when the other reloads, then they won't aquire same targets and you can still use a-move, just in a different formation.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
Germany 733
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak