Login

russian armor

Is white phosphorus necessary on comet

8 Nov 2016, 03:22 AM

so glitched half the time and op when it actually works.

#justlelicthings
9 Nov 2016, 02:52 AM

wehr and okw can both snare this tank or mines and other things to stun it ect brits dont get a snare on with doctrine unit.

If we try to assemble that word-salad you created there into sentences, it quickly becomes apparent that you either never played the British, or never bothered to actually look at their weaponry. Of course the Brits have a mine - sure, a rather expensive one, but it is also a dual-purpose mine that combines the Soviet mine with the strengths of the M5 mine (that on the M20).

And right after that realisation comes the next headline: Mines don't work against the Brits (at least Tellerminen and Riegelminen don't). They neither deal damage, nor do they snare. This bug has been known since alpha testing, but apparently expecting Relic to make a fundamental game mechanic work is asking too much of them - do you want some more anime skins?
9 Nov 2016, 05:41 AM
Benefactor 392

Is the comet really that necessary?
9 Nov 2016, 08:16 AM

If we try to assemble that word-salad you created there into sentences, it quickly becomes apparent that you either never played the British, or never bothered to actually look at their weaponry. Of course the Brits have a mine - sure, a rather expensive one, but it is also a dual-purpose mine that combines the Soviet mine with the strengths of the M5 mine (that on the M20).

And right after that realisation comes the next headline: Mines don't work against the Brits (at least Tellerminen and Riegelminen don't). They neither deal damage, nor do they snare. This bug has been known since alpha testing, but apparently expecting Relic to make a fundamental game mechanic work is asking too much of them - do you want some more anime skins?

This is mostly partially true. The Brit mine is a copy past of the shu, TM-35, or the American infantry mine (I think on that one). It is therefore not combining the strengths of two units, it just is a copy of another unit.

Mines do work against Brit tanks, but there is a bug that sometimes, not always, causes them to detonate without dealing their criticals or damage. While this is annoying, as far as I know it is not related specifically to Brit tanks. I do agree that this bug should have been addressed as soon as it was found, as it is potentially game altering on each occasion.
9 Nov 2016, 11:04 AM

10 Nov 2016, 15:40 PM

I use mines against brits all the time. only once in a blue moon does one bug on me. riegels work exceptionally well in my experience. nothing like totally immobilization. honestly I use tem more against brits specifically because of the wp round. hard to rely on paks if they just get smoked like that.
13 Nov 2016, 14:18 PM

Mines do work against Brit tanks, but there is a bug that sometimes, not always, causes them to detonate without dealing their criticals or damage. While this is annoying, as far as I know it is not related specifically to Brit tanks. I do agree that this bug should have been addressed as soon as it was found, as it is potentially game altering on each occasion.

I use mines in every game (unless my opponent gets a minesweeper early on), and that bug is almost exclusive to Brit tanks. It happens rarely on American tanks, and basically never on Soviet tanks, but has an almost 50% chance to trigger on British tanks - yes that is anecdotal evidence. But even from my perspective when playing Brits, getting a minesweeper is a waste of ammo when combined with the bug and (in case a mine does go off) their lightning fast repair speeds.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
France 24

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment