Login

russian armor

Small question - Ost Officier

26 Oct 2016, 10:25 AM

I have one small, but important question - how Ost Arty Officier buff aura ability affects on howitzers and does it affects at all?

And small suggestion - make "coordinated barrage" ability cost lesser. Seriously, 80 ammo for such ability... In CoH 1 it costed 0 and everything was fine. 30-50 ammo would be much more fair price.
26 Oct 2016, 11:32 AM

I don't think that the aura affect howitzers...it only affect infantry and vehicles if I remember correctly.

The "coordinated barrage" does affect them since the fire with victor barrage and not the normal. Victor barrage has more range.
26 Oct 2016, 14:21 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2016, 11:32 AMVipper
I don't think that the aura affect howitzers...it only affect infantry and vehicles if I remember correctly.

Pretty sure that affects heavy weapon teams which howitzers should be pretty similar too. I'll test it.
26 Oct 2016, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2016, 14:21 PMVuther

Pretty sure that affects heavy weapon teams which howitzers should be pretty similar too. I'll test it.

main difference here is that howitzer use barrage not auto-fire...they crew might fire their weapon better but I doubt there another bonus.
26 Oct 2016, 15:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2016, 14:48 PMVipper

main difference here is that howitzer use barrage not auto-fire...they crew might fire their weapon better but I doubt there another bonus.

Yeah, the accuracy buff would definitely be useless, but the reload modifier granted to vehicles might make the barrage happen faster. But testing did not imply this to me - shells seemed to be loaded at the exact same rate in spite of the buff appearing over the howitzer squad.
26 Oct 2016, 16:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2016, 15:15 PMVuther

Yeah, the accuracy buff would definitely be useless, but the reload modifier granted to vehicles might make the barrage happen faster. But testing did not imply this to me - shells seemed to be loaded at the exact same rate in spite of the buff appearing over the howitzer squad.

It seem barrage "magazine" is the number of shell fired that a reload bonus does not benefit a howitzer.

there was similar situation in Coh 1 where the aggressive vetting of the Hummel would only change the time between shells fired making the defensive vetting far more efficient...
26 Oct 2016, 20:20 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

There seems to be some misconception on this ability so I'll clear it up:

It can make all artillery to fire on a specific location regardless of barrage cooldown. This also includes units like the panzerwerfer.
27 Oct 2016, 00:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2016, 20:20 PMwouren

It can make all artillery to fire on a specific location regardless of barrage cooldown. This also includes units like the panzerwerfer.

I think you actually confused the issue more...

The original question was(if not mistaken)if the "concentrate fire" ability improves the performance of the Lefh.

I do not think that the original question was about "Coordinated Fire"...
27 Oct 2016, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2016, 00:49 AMVipper

I think you actually confused the issue more...

The original question was(if not mistaken)if the "concentrate fire" ability improves the performance of the Lefh.

I do not think that the original question was about "Coordinated Fire"...

???

If I'm not mistaken, the officer has two abilities: Coordinated fire (might be called something else IDK), the smoke ability, and observe fire, which has nothing to do with artillery.

The first one does what I said it does. Maybe I misunderstood the question?

Edit: never mind, I realize the question was about the aura. It doesn't affect howitzer barrages. Sorry for the confusion.
28 Oct 2016, 01:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Oct 2016, 20:20 PMwouren

I dont think werfers are included in this as far as I know.
28 Oct 2016, 02:13 AM

I dont think werfers are included in this as far as I know.

It does, try it out
28 Oct 2016, 11:54 AM

It should not cost anything.
28 Oct 2016, 12:07 PM

so, i'm going to make a clear post about the unit

The arty officer is a support unit able to buff nearby unit (inf, team weapons and tank) with a timed aura wich is always welcomed

the focus fire abiltity will make all indirect fire unit target the area, Howitzer will be shooting at the said target no matter how far they are, pzwerfer will fire their rockets and mortar their barage

a important note is that you can use the ability then re-use the pzwerfer/Howitzer barage right after, allowing you to double the efficiency of you artillery once every 2 CD

mobile arty pieces and rocket launchers still have to move to be within the target range

this is the point of the arty officer, frontline support coordinating the fire from arty pieces

any questions?

(also, it's price is justified for a extra Pzwerfer barage or a unlimited range howitzer barage, L2U)
28 Oct 2016, 12:45 PM

(also, it's price is justified for a extra Pzwerfer barage or a unlimited range howitzer barage, L2U)

Range is not unlimited for the LeFH it is 500 (doubled)...
28 Oct 2016, 16:05 PM

I have tried the officer's ability. panzerwerfer firing range is extended a bit (maybe smt like +%10), mortar team's, mortar ht's and leFH are extended a lot (smt like +%100).

28 Oct 2016, 16:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2016, 16:05 PMErguvan
I have tried the officer's ability. panzerwerfer firing range is extended a bit (maybe smt like +%10), mortar team's, mortar ht's and leFH are extended a lot (smt like +%100).

mortar, Howitzer, werfer double their range (80->160,250->500,120->240)(according tohttp://www.stat.coh2.hu )
You should be looking at stats marked as "victor"

The ability is overpriced if compared to the Major or I&R or Pyrotechnics barrages which in addition do not require on map artillery pieces...

In addition the unit it self has low DPS, no weapon upgrades and does not share XP making very difficult to vet.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 67
unknown 20
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak