Login

russian armor

[Blog 2016/10/26] Community Map Rotation

26 Oct 2016, 08:03 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

Community Map Rotation

Congratulations to the winners of Tric's Map Making Contest! The top 2 finalists from each category have won themselves a place in this rounds Community Map Rotation. So without further ado, here are the 6 new maps now available in COH2's custom game list and automatch map pool.

Bombarded Refinery

Created by Tric

Bryansk Forest
Created by Nebaka

Caen
Created by MonolithicBacon

Market Ruins

Created by Tric

Rüstungswerke Essen

Created by Lord Rommel

Westwall
Created by Lord Rommel

Source : http://www.companyofheroes.com/blog/2016/10/26/community-map-rotation
26 Oct 2016, 08:07 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

I supposed Mitth'raw'nuruodo and Lord Rommel are the same person.

Edit : On his Steam profile "This user has also played as: [EF-Dev]Lord Rommel" so yes it's him.
26 Oct 2016, 09:25 AM

5 out of 6 are city maps :foreveralone:
26 Oct 2016, 14:53 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

Yes. My old Nickname was "Lord Rommel" but with Thrawn back at the Star Wars canon i decided to use his Chiss name again.
So Westwall and Rüstungswerke Essen (arms factory for all non-german users ;)) are my maps and i'm so happy that Relic add both of them into the game ^^
26 Oct 2016, 14:58 PM

Nice, I hope my map isn't too unbalanced.
27 Oct 2016, 06:04 AM

Caen....... *Stalingrad flashbacks*
27 Oct 2016, 06:20 AM

Good that they are adding these maps to the game. My only problems are why are so many of them urban? Is it too hard to ask for some more open maps with some greenery on them?

Also the maps are only for 1v1... Most of the community plays in team games so will we be getting some maps for 2v2 and 3v3 at least? the current map pool is full of crappy maps and its getting really bland to play.
27 Oct 2016, 06:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2016, 06:20 AMCrumbum
Good that they are adding these maps to the game. My only problems are why are so many of them urban? Is it too hard to ask for some more open maps with some greenery on them?

Also the maps are only for 1v1... Most of the community plays in team games so will we be getting some maps for 2v2 and 3v3 at least? the current map pool is full of crappy maps and its getting really bland to play.

Bryansk Forest is not Urban, but it is nauseating in a similar way. There are shot blockers (copses of trees) everywhere. I think this is more of the issue. There are relatively few long range engagements. The majority lend themselves to close quarter combat, so won't do much for the allied bias at the moment. Nor will they alleviate from the metagame's boring over-reliance on indirect fire.
27 Oct 2016, 08:31 AM
Senior Referee Badge

Nice maps, good relic is adding new ones :)
27 Oct 2016, 09:57 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Different stylization of minimaps makes me upset. Only Rommels minimaps (especially Rüstungswerke Essen) looks good and informative in my own opinion.
Yeah, i know, that even Relic didn't bring stylization of minipans to one design.
27 Oct 2016, 11:49 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

So far my favorites are market ruins and caen. Caen may look like Stalingrad on the minimap but definitely isn't anything like Stalingrad. The engagements are frequently long range ones, contrary to belief.
28 Oct 2016, 10:18 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Oct 2016, 06:20 AMCrumbum

I think our mapmakerss felt that 'Soviet Field maps' were already well catered for in 1v1. The aim was partly to provide for CQC, without stimulating howls of "Stalingrad redux" all the time.

I quite agree. The mappers here are conscious of that also.

The problem is time and effort: it apparently takes upwards of two months to create a playable 2v2 map, and often longer for 3s or 4s. Part of the reason for delay includes getting together reliable testers to give a stream of info, which becomes progressively more difficult as the number of armies grow and the maps get bigger.
29 Oct 2016, 19:32 PM

Hey, for people who do not enjoy small urban maps, can we get the two extra vetos that are missing...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★