Login

russian armor

About Smurf accounts...a RANT!

24 Oct 2016, 21:57 PM
Donator 11

Hey guys,

So I've recently got back into the game as a casual player. I am an avid consumer of streams and other youtube videos, so I am still well aware of what's going on (+thanks to coh2.org off course!)

Recently I've matchmaked 3 times in a row vs. the same player, he had 2.1hours into the game, and was already playing at some advanced level.

Obviously by the 3rd time I figured out this was a Smurf account. Needless to say, I was overmatched on all 3 games and it really ruined my 1v1 experience that night. I asked the guy what was the point of smurf, he avoided to answer but offered to wintrade on the last game, which made me even more mad at him. I don't think he was a streamer or anything like that...so my question is, why smurf, and what pleasure do you get out of it?
Other than for streaming purpose or reviews of the ELO system, I can only see negatives in this (ex: Paul AD and his countless trolls). I think Steam/Relic should take steps to avoid this kind of situation, or at least make it very transparent what's going on.

That's it , I'm out. Feel free to share your Smurf experience here.
25 Oct 2016, 01:06 AM

I generally smurf when I don't want to be sent messages or invites while playing, and especially when letting someone who is not myself play.

Now I haven't smurfed in CoH2, but the motivation to do so remains the same.

Although I do believe some people smurf to remain in the sub-10 game range so they get matched up with anyone. In this sense, I believe they get matched best per ping and location, rather than skill rank. That's speculation though.
25 Oct 2016, 01:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2016, 21:57 PMGoldora
Hey guys,

So I've recently got back into the game as a casual player. I am an avid consumer of streams and other youtube videos, so I am still well aware of what's going on (+thanks to coh2.org off course!)

Recently I've matchmaked 3 times in a row vs. the same player, he had 2.1hours into the game, and was already playing at some advanced level.

Obviously by the 3rd time I figured out this was a Smurf account. Needless to say, I was overmatched on all 3 games and it really ruined my 1v1 experience that night. I asked the guy what was the point of smurf, he avoided to answer but offered to wintrade on the last game, which made me even more mad at him. I don't think he was a streamer or anything like that...so my question is, why smurf, and what pleasure do you get out of it?
Other than for streaming purpose or reviews of the ELO system, I can only see negatives in this (ex: Paul AD and his countless trolls). I think Steam/Relic should take steps to avoid this kind of situation, or at least make it very transparent what's going on.

That's it , I'm out. Feel free to share your Smurf experience here.

The lower population of the COH2 community means higher level players are stuck in long queues.
25 Oct 2016, 10:03 AM

The lower population of the COH2 community...

Gee, I wonder why is that.
25 Oct 2016, 12:29 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Moved to Scrap Yard
25 Oct 2016, 13:43 PM
Donator 11

changing your name in steam is not called smurfing
25 Oct 2016, 14:14 PM

For a Korean playing as USF, 2.1 hours seems enough to be an expert.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
Germany 17
Korea, Republic Of 3
Germany 45

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %