Login

russian armor

Soviet flexibility in 1v1

22 Oct 2016, 02:21 AM

Probably the hardest matchup for Okw imo. Soviets have a lot of tech options to choose from and Okw need to react to whatever style they decide to do. This leaves a huge lack of initiative on the Okw's part and windows of time where the Sov can have a territory advantage. The different strategies all with similar openings all require very different reactions from the Okw as well. There's no single "surprise" unit that the Sov player hasn't essentially forced him to build. The Okw can gamble, say with building a raketen early for a scout car before it can push infantry off the map, but if the sc's not made its a waste of a possible 3rd squad. Stuff like that usually only works against players you're familiar goes for scout car openings, but the point is you can't have the initiative in the matchup without essentially a gamble in the build order.

Imo, the common opinions of Sov having a stronger core infantry force, or the lack of smoke or flamethrowers for Okw (or rather the abundance of flamethrowers for Sov), or how much more crushing it is to lose squads as Okw than Sov, or spamming in general - are not the real problems in the match up. Those can all be solved by combined arms. The problem I see is that the lack of flexibility I'm given in build orders creates losses because a good Sov knows what's coming and can manipulate that with a consistent early game territory advantage. An example would be when good Sovs will starve you of munitions and know they can get away with laying demos. Coupled by the fact that all Okw units are units with roles, Sov have units that are well-rounded against everything. It creates easy mismatches in the early to mid game, i.e Guards vs anything T3 and below, and it requires a better suppression platform than Okw are currently given.

No doubt though I can camp in my base with ISG's, not lose any squads, pick fights where I can, and make cheeky plays with my raketen, but it requires a significant amount more effort, less flexibility to pull off, and the Sov to make mistakes.

I'd like to see Okw given more viability in their build orders via new commanders, some with a wehrmacht cargo truck for resource manipulation (more dlc $ for relic), as well as a 10% suppression increase on the mg34. Nothin too crazy
22 Oct 2016, 10:06 AM

can't really disagree here. SU call-ins (guards, partysans) prevent you from taking advantage of tier 1's lack of anti-vehicle. OKW also don't have a good answer to suppression (no smoke).

mg34 definitely needs a suppression buff. it's bad enough that it shoots rubber bullets.
22 Oct 2016, 10:12 AM

Permanently Banned
This all depend on map in both side. You write bad scenario for OKW i can do same for soviet too and another factions.
22 Oct 2016, 10:30 AM

This all depend on map in both side. You write bad scenario for OKW i can do same for soviet too and another factions.

Write bad scenario plz for soviet who goes 3 penals into 2-3 guards into T-70 with territory (and fuel) advantage at least 60%
22 Oct 2016, 11:21 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2016, 10:30 AMROMEAT

Write bad scenario plz for soviet who goes 3 penals into 2-3 guards into T-70 with territory (and fuel) advantage at least 60%

Easy, early map control, MP bleed vs luch or AA HT with vision. T-70 is not a problem in this build, its only can be snowball effect.
22 Oct 2016, 12:15 PM

Easy, early map control, MP bleed vs luch or AA HT with vision. T-70 is not a problem in this build, its only can be snowball effect.

Every scenario can be theorycrafted and so my examples are intentionally vague. I am not denying you're a good player but you say early map control and honestly man that's just impossible. It would be interesting to see a replay of how you use your flak HT. A luchs is definitely doable. No one is saying either it's not possible to win against soviets, it's just always an uphill battle given the soviet's flexibility in tech and the options their consistent territory advantage snowballs for their inf to stay superior with more munitions
22 Oct 2016, 12:53 PM

Permanently Banned

Every scenario can be theorycrafted and so my examples are intentionally vague. I am not denying you're a good player but you say early map control and honestly man that's just impossible. It would be interesting to see a replay of how you use your flak HT. A luchs is definitely doable. No one is saying either it's not possible to win against soviets, it's just always an uphill battle given the soviet's flexibility in tech and the options their consistent territory advantage snowballs for their inf to stay superior with more munitions

Penals cost are not low, when he have 2-3 penals you have more squads and points, just ignore VP, points and positions with good cover. The gamebroken imo are cheap flamers for penals, its cost 60 muni and combo penals + cons and cons + pio are a big different (I play with penals a lot when thay was weak (so 60 muni flamer was good, but now i dont feel its a good thing.) I dont saves repleys. OKW player must isolate early squads of penals and impose battles 1vs2. In my experience i lost some games with penals + guards coz its a huge MP bleed. Soviet teching bound on MP, so get some things are not easy, coz need sacrifice somthing. Like i say its depends on map and MP fight, coz snowball can be very strong. Just try check some Bartons play in cast and tourneys, coz he use with soviet same strats penals + guards + t70, but he builds a sniper. Barton take part in today tourneys, hope he will be use same strats like in WPC.
22 Oct 2016, 14:42 PM

hey, i might sound like a troll but, a start like kuble<volks<kuble<volks<T2 works great, allow you to bleed the SU and outcap it

follow with a command panther or a reliable mid game AT (even puma works if you're good with it) and here you are

i've experienced it a bit and the only true thing that ever countered it was city maps and a double scout car build as SU (wich is extremely rare)

i'm able to fight rank 16 players when i'm 12 with this strategy, you should try
works with the command panther and the JagdT if you can hold on long enough with T2 only
23 Oct 2016, 20:53 PM

hey, i might sound like a troll but, a start like kuble<volks<kuble<volks<T2 works great, allow you to bleed the SU and outcap it

follow with a command panther or a reliable mid game AT (even puma works if you're good with it) and here you are

i've experienced it a bit and the only true thing that ever countered it was city maps and a double scout car build as SU (wich is extremely rare)

i'm able to fight rank 16 players when i'm 12 with this strategy, you should try
works with the command panther and the JagdT if you can hold on long enough with T2 only

2kubel :)
try to make units that can be survive
23 Oct 2016, 20:55 PM

luchs or Flak ht are good but not vs early guards.
or worse , partizan doc.
23 Oct 2016, 21:08 PM

Hey man, just camp one vp and one fuel until you can field a tank. Forget about luchs or Puma, just get double raketten and get them to vet 1 so you can cloak roam them around at normal speed. Add double LeIG in there and spam mines. Just let the soviet player get to you. This way you can funnel his infantry and T70 into pathways where your rakettens are waiting and your mines will be ready to rumble. Get at least 2 to 3 volks and get them to vet 5.

This start works well for me vs Soviets, since they don't really have the tools to get a hard camping OKW player out of their camping spot. Mortars can't really do much since you can double LeIG their mortars to death. If you face USF or UKF, I advice double kubelwagen start.
23 Oct 2016, 22:12 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2016, 20:55 PMSoheil

luchs or Flak ht are good but not vs early guards.
or worse , partizan doc.

Like i say, this work for me and vs me. About partisans, we speak about penals + guards. Partisan its another story.
23 Oct 2016, 22:12 PM

Hey man, just camp one vp and one fuel until you can field a tank. Forget about luchs or Puma, just get double raketten and get them to vet 1 so you can cloak roam them around at normal speed. Add double LeIG in there and spam mines. Just let the soviet player get to you. This way you can funnel his infantry and T70 into pathways where your rakettens are waiting and your mines will be ready to rumble. Get at least 2 to 3 volks and get them to vet 5.

This start works well for me vs Soviets, since they don't really have the tools to get a hard camping OKW player out of their camping spot. Mortars can't really do much since you can double LeIG their mortars to death. If you face USF or UKF, I advice double kubelwagen start.

early penals flamer beat u all and take map control, when you hope for luchs, then guards join them...this is enough ;)
24 Oct 2016, 04:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2016, 20:53 PMSoheil

2kubel :)
try to make units that can be survive

2 kubel works against usf, brits and maxim spam, but can really tax your micro against soviet con spam or t1. The goal of double kubel is to go straight to their cut off/fuel with a sturm pioneer close by for repairs while bleeding their health slowly with the double kubels, retreat one kubel at a time and alternate repairs so one kubel is always fighting. Meanwhile volks cap up your side of the map and you can get a quick tech to t1 to call in jaegers or panzerfusiliers for dat 2 CP. Doesn't always work though, can really mess you up if you don't get more than 70% of the map
24 Oct 2016, 21:05 PM

see what you say,but a bit later havnt them, somtimes would good to replace kubles manpower to fuel scavenge :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 159
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak