17 Oct 2016, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2016, 20:30 PMJoeH

Spoken like a true allied fanboy :3

i do all factions .
17 Oct 2016, 21:40 PM

game is fine, l2p, its just the fking map pool Kappa
17 Oct 2016, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2016, 09:52 AMClick
If you're an Axis fan- stay way from this game. It's fucking mess.

This

The biggest change is Katitof being banned.

Go Away

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2016, 12:36 PMButcher
Early game: OKW advantage with Sturmpioniere and Kübelwagen abuse. This applies for the first two minutes. Then it shifts into Soviet superiority due to godly Penals or Maxim + mortar spam. Against US it turns into rifles + mortars. Then you are outclassed. Versus Brits I would say the early game is still balanced.

Ostheer can forget competing. It´s all about Sniper abuse into 222s asap and finish the game there. Lose a Sniper or too many 222s and you are done. One mistake will cost you dearly.

Mid game:
You are horribly outclassed as Axis (both OKW and Ostheer). Early vehicles such as the Stuart, T-70 and AEC dominate. The Cromwell outperforms any Panzer IV by performance and price. Ostwind is crap and the infantry game turns against you since double Brens, double Bars or double DPs on vet Guards become present.

Lategame:
You are stuck with a Panther that doesn´t perform. Especially the Ostheer Panther is a joke on tracks. You get outperformed by any TD or even Cromwells for cost. The Comet adds insult to injury being essentially a more mobile Tiger tank. German heavies can´t deflect shots. If a Brit is involved you lost the game here essentially. Ostheer is fucked. For OKW it has turned into KT every game + Raketenwerfer spam.

To keep it short: As Axis you lose the infantry-, artillery- and tankgame. The only hope is to finish the game early on with cheese strats such as fast Sniper into 222s or Raketenwerfer + Luchs.

Holy Crap, well said! :clap::clap:

As much as all the whiny wehraboos like to bemoan the state of the game, I usually lose to better players and beat worse ones.

The overall opinion of the community begs to differ.

If you enjoy being under constant barrages from Su76 blobs, Hm38, USF 81mm, Mortar pit and the Pack Horitzer and being left with no inf or team weapon of your own, as well as having your heaviest vehicles getting always penetrated by literally anything then you might want to give axis another try again. Not to mention generalist "light" vehicles which have greater wiping potential than both the Ostwind and PIV combined.
Otherwise either wait for CoH3 or move to another, greener pastures.

This.
18 Oct 2016, 08:27 AM

Thanks for the commnets guys.

I played 2 games now.

I dont know if it is me being rusty after break or grens cant deal with american infantry proprely now?

Also, much more frequent squad wipes (or maybe is it me after the break)

does 222 got buffed? it survived suprisingly long.
18 Oct 2016, 08:36 AM

222 got its hp buffed by 33% I believe, 240 -> 320.
18 Oct 2016, 08:37 AM

4 man gren squad cry in the corner
18 Oct 2016, 13:15 PM

222 got its hp buffed by 33% I believe, 240 -> 320.

This is correct. Relic did this, hoping to make the 222 competitive again (instead of fixing its MG and buffing its armour to appropriate levels, because doing so was more complicated than just slapping on more health). It worked in some sense, but of course it fucked up light vehicle balance even more, making the 222 no longer an option, but a requirement to have any chance at winning for Ostheer.
18 Oct 2016, 18:21 PM

The overall opinion of the community begs to differ.

The overwhelming opinion of wehraboos has always been that allies are OP.

It's harder now that at other times in the games history to win as axis. That doesn't mean the game is so out of balance it's impossible for an axis player/team to win. I've been doing quite well lately as Wehrmacht. Sometimes we get out played. Most of the time we don't. (I don't do 1v1)

I'd argue balance is better now than at most other points in the games history. If you cant deal with a land mattress or calliope how did you ever deal with a katyusha? The pershing is so op how did you ever handle the IS-2? USF has a few more tools in the kit now. Brits do too. They still have glaring weaknesses. Comets are very good too. I will say the cheap smoke on those things screwing with at guns is VERY annoying.

The lefh is better now that it's ever been. never been anything as good or comparable to the stuka dive bomb. still have stuka CAS. still have stuka zu fus. if you can micro the luchs is a monster. the flamer 251 is very potent. Pgrens are very good. mg42 is still the best mg in the game. still have the best lmg in the game on obers. pfus are some of the best and most cost efficient infantry right now. okw gets free AA from flak truck. leig is still very good. pak40 is still very good. stugs are amazing for their price. panthers are still one of the best "tank hunter" in the game, unrivaled durability. panzershreks are the best hand held AT in the game. and of course the real stars of the show, the KT, the JT, the Elefant, and the Tiger. The Tiger isn't what she once was, true enough. TDs tear her apart, which is only right. KTs are freaking beasts. They're super slow so you must be deliberate and careful about pushing. Properly supported there is very little the allies can do about a KT. Now the axis have two units which the allies have absolutely nothing comparable in the heavy TDs. Elefant and Jagdtiger are show stoppers. 320 damage with guaranteed pen at all ranges. If you know what you're doing these things win games. They aren't solo machines. They need support. If you do support them they are uncounterable. Put some riegle mines on the flanks and keep a tank/pak/shreks around with sufficient AI/suppression and watch them weep.

Just because everyone thinks jumping off a bridge is a good idea doesn't make it one.
18 Oct 2016, 20:40 PM

USF has a few more tools in the kit now. Brits do too. They still have glaring weaknesses. Comets are very good too.
Please enlighten us where the British weakness is from mid to lategame with Cromwells, Fireflies, Comets, double Brens (and optional Land matress, AVRE, Artillery cover or Carpet bombing).

"Don´t let them reach lategame" or "use the Panther" (lol btw) are no arguments I can take serious.
18 Oct 2016, 21:00 PM
Donator 11

Thanks for the commnets guys.

I played 2 games now.

I dont know if it is me being rusty after break or grens cant deal with american infantry proprely now?

Also, much more frequent squad wipes (or maybe is it me after the break)

does 222 got buffed? it survived suprisingly long.

Grens never did good against rifles and now rifles also got their vet3 recived acc buff so it's pretty strightforward. Do try a sniper though, it is as much of usfs pain as it always was. Squad wipes didn't change at all.

As for people complaining about ballance: remember that until you are not in the very top of the ladder, the matchmaker will always find you as ballanced of a match as it can get - no matter how bad the ballance between factions is. You need to play some more matches to get properly placed in the ladder after the break though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
Germany 29

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment