Login

russian armor

Some 1v1 help with Brits

10 Oct 2016, 14:32 PM

Hello. Dunno how dead this board is, but hopefully someone can help me out a bit.

Im having huge trouble playing agaisnt brits. Im not really sure hwo are you supposed to play the matchup, since IS will wreck everything in sight. They win against mg when both are in green cover. They beat grens around like they are nothing. Im forced to micro much more and bunch up units, making me lose hard in mapcontrol. Snipers are allrigt, but he wont live long after the first mortarpit using satellite guidances, same thing with grens. Also their first light tank can come out so fast that there really isnt anything to take it out on the field. Using anykind of support weapopns feel useless, when they will either get rekt by IS in green cover or mortared out of position either by getting wiped by 1-2 rounds or just forced to reposition during fights. And wutlol what is with the huge range on vickers in buildings?

How can i punish the brit player, when it feels that my every unit is 0.5 version of his?

Flame HT's? Double 222's? Spam mortars and hope one of them survives? Spam stugs? PzGR? Spam something that doesnt get blown to bits by mortars? Or jsut frantically reposition support weapons every 5s?

How to survive the early game? I keep reading about punishing the weak early game of brits, but how do i do it? Manpower bleed doesnt feel like mattering if i lose the same amount to supercritting IS at green cover. And I need at least 2 units for every one of IS, really limiting my capping power.

Yell at me about for being shit in the game, but please, send it with some pointers.
11 Oct 2016, 09:44 AM

Uh, buy an extra Pioneer for starters (capping power and flamethrower are both useful) and get a mortar (to kill Vickers) and a sniper. Rest depends on what they do.

And don't fight the IS in green cover and don't try to out-mortar a British mortar.
11 Oct 2016, 10:29 AM

Don't play Axis until they fix the game lol
11 Oct 2016, 14:00 PM

a rush flame HT can be brutal if they haven't built a duo of 6pdr or made the AEC, it allows you to run and burn every single infantry unit including mortar pit if they dared building it

you shouldn't rely too much on team weapons vs a brit early on as it will just ask your enemy to build a WASP

you should consider denying green cover by barbed wires and mines and put your HMGs in buildings (trenches, bunkers, ambiant heavy buildings)

basicly, before the UK gets double bren and meds, they will have some trouble fighting without cover
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★