Login

russian armor

favorite comander.

23 Jul 2013, 13:53 PM

why do you like your favorite comander?

i like the storm commander skill progression. 12345. each level gives a new skill.

1 (camouflage) the number of ambushes i have made with this. hmm i just wish it was cheaper.
2 (ht ubermine) why teller mines when you have this.
3 (global sprint) turns your army into an army of flash.
4 (stationary arty) i want to make a topic they don't seem to be very usefully.
5 (stuka bombing run) barely use it.

i use it mainly for the frist 3 skills. but i think my ocd makes me like its progression.
23 Jul 2013, 19:14 PM

Excellent choice :D i like that one alot as well, the jaegar infantry doctrine i tend to like as well, i feel the g43s / interrogation are amazing. showing the troops on map is really helpful ^_^ but maybe i am just noob :D
23 Jul 2013, 19:42 PM

Permanently Banned
i dont write doctrines, rather abilitys.
g43 is pretty good with camo but the rest of at jaeger doctrine is useless. you wont have eneugh ammo for all of them.
pak43 is pretty good but behind a tree or house like devs.
and howitzer. stupid mortal spammer counter it is.
so basicaly the joint operation for me but if i would have digital collectors my best would be storm commander too.
I always put mg42 on grens and with camo would be more powerfull. Is has howi which is good to + better teller mines. Basically this could hold counterattacks, if you are eneugh good in early game.
23 Jul 2013, 22:17 PM

Doh, interrogation! I've been using the hell out of jaeger infantry doc and I keep forgetting that ability exists. I think I use 3 of 5 of this doctrines abilities, the arty drop is pretty decent for handling defended at guns. Tactical movement is actually a life-saver for heavy infantry builds...allows you to swarm positions, avoid artillery without retreating, reposition...etc.

For oddballs, I like the NKVD doctrine for that first ability. For the most part the doc is ridiculously munitions heavy and it gives you no units to support your army , but it has some quirky tools in those abilities, and the intercept is the key really, because you never need to overbuild any of your counters. Haven't figured out how to use the infantry replacement ability though. Do you just need to lose the last member of a squad? or 6 people within the time-frame?

I like the mortar ht for fast t-2 builds, and the blanket smoke in that doctrine is fun.

I also do like the half-track mines...those can definitely ameliorate early armor threats, and tend to be unexpected.
23 Jul 2013, 22:23 PM

1. Camouflage is very weak and costs too much munitions
2. HT Riegel mine have 100% chance to make enemy vehicle immobilize but deals less damage than teller mine, but it's very worth it's prize
3. Tactical Movement is IMO very weak ability, i never used that
4. Yes, german Howitzer is very powerful, gains veterancy very fast if it's firing in to the enemy base because each hit will give experience to howitzer
5. First and the only off-map that doesn't drop flares and for cost of 160 munitions you can annihilate biggest blobs (dirrect stuka hit deals 400 damage)
23 Jul 2013, 22:48 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

G43's> I like this commander the best because it has g43s and better stuff than the other g43 commander.
ostttruppen> never had the spare munitions to try it
Sprint> its okay, should be on squad level like oorah though.
Tiger> I want to incorporate it into my strats but feels currently too useless. If it gets buffed this commander will be sick
Stuka close air> never had the munitions for it. Rather have fragmentation bombs to wipe infantry and shock tanks

So yeah i only use this when im in control of the munitions
23 Jul 2013, 23:01 PM

That one that gives you guards, HTD, and PPSHs.
23 Jul 2013, 23:07 PM

Joint Operations Commander.

1. Light Artillery Barrage - Good throw-in bucket considering not much else munition ability-related tied into the commander itself.

2. Howitzer - Always a nice little treat, better pay-off in 2s/3s/4s however, due to it's demanding manpower cost. Can get a great performance with the bulletin relatated to it, that makes it only have a rough ~10s window between it's barrages.

3. Pak43 - Absolute beast of an AV source for the mid-late game, can also be effected by the German Officer for even faster rate of fire of course.

4. Officer - Underutilized, but has so much excellent abilities at his disposal. Creative minds can utilize his faster rate of fire abilities + accuracy benefits to great effect. Throw it in on Snipers, MGs, Mortars or whatever you see fit. For only 240 manpower as well. And he has 4.0 armor iirc, so ... yeah, he's tough.

5. Recon Plane - Solid, never goes wrong. Helps out with the PaK + Howitzer useage, as well as planning ahead.
23 Jul 2013, 23:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jul 2013, 23:07 PMCaeltos
Joint Operations Commander.

1. Light Artillery Barrage - Good throw-in bucket considering not much else munition ability-related tied into the commander itself.

2. Howitzer - Always a nice little treat, better pay-off in 2s/3s/4s however, due to it's demanding manpower cost. Can get a great performance with the bulletin relatated to it, that makes it only have a rough ~10s window between it's barrages.

3. Pak43 - Absolute beast of an AV source for the mid-late game, can also be effected by the German Officer for even faster rate of fire of course.

4. Officer - Underutilized, but has so much excellent abilities at his disposal. Creative minds can utilize his faster rate of fire abilities + accuracy benefits to great effect. Throw it in on Snipers, MGs, Mortars or whatever you see fit. For only 240 manpower as well. And he has 4.0 armor iirc, so ... yeah, he's tough.

5. Recon Plane - Solid, never goes wrong. Helps out with the PaK + Howitzer useage, as well as planning ahead.

This guy. Every ability is good and that howitzer is absolutely brutal.
24 Jul 2013, 00:14 AM

even though most ppl abuse support doctrine strafing run+opel,

My fav German commander is Jager Armor,

spotter scope=range rape,

stuka bomb=mini V1 ,

Elefant+spotter scope means you can see half of the map like Moscow outskirt

HT mine is meh...

recon is solid useful

Soviet Commander Guard Motor

Guard motor's portrait looks like soviet war hero Gen. Pavel Rotmistrov.

Every ability in Guard rifle kick ass except the T-34/85 POS package, though T-34 series will be looked at and let's hope relic can work something out.

24 Jul 2013, 01:27 AM

1. Camouflage is very weak and costs too much munitions
2. HT Riegel mine have 100% chance to make enemy vehicle immobilize but deals less damage than teller mine, but it's very worth it's prize
3. Tactical Movement is IMO very weak ability, i never used that
4. Yes, german Howitzer is very powerful, gains veterancy very fast if it's firing in to the enemy base because each hit will give experience to howitzer
5. First and the only off-map that doesn't drop flares and for cost of 160 munitions you can annihilate biggest blobs (dirrect stuka hit deals 400 damage)

and your favorite comander?
24 Jul 2013, 19:44 PM

Permanently Banned
i would see a commander like this:

1 CP panzer tactician
2 CP g43
3 CP strafing run
4 CP howitzer
5 CP elefant

:)

or supply truck instead of something.
24 Jul 2013, 22:12 PM
Donator 11

jäger armor or spearhead doctrin
jäger for elephant with scope and the mighty scout-stukacombo, spearhead for smoke, smoke, smoke, tiger and arty :D
25 Jul 2013, 08:29 AM

Permanently Banned
Spearhead is my current favorite.

I rely heavily on Panzer Tactician for Armor assaults and survival.
The MHT for Incendiary indirect option to force setup defenses to move.
Recon in preparation for assaults.

When Stug gets brought up to par, I look forward to Hull Down/Panzer Tactician Stug emplacements with PaK43 support.

I rarely field Jaeger, since I prefer PGrens at the timing the G43s become available.
I prefer Pgrens moving accuracy, option of Shreks vs armor, and prefer to drop the munis id otherwise spend on G43s into Bundlenades.
25 Jul 2013, 10:01 AM

Soviets would be Anti-Infantry Tactics. Best 1v1 doctrine to incorporate Shock Troops in 1v1, but Shock Frontline Rifle Tactics can do similiar. Until IS-2 gets buffed and cloaked Zi3 bug is fixed I'll continue to use Anti-Infantry Tactics I feel.

Ostheer would be Joint Operations Doctrine. Great doctrine that complements any style of play provided you utilize your normal units well.
25 Jul 2013, 22:07 PM

Permanently Banned
actually the ambush camoflage is pretty good. you can hold fire like at sniper.
I did a pretty good ambush today. Sniper shooted the conscripts, he was the bait. and 2 vet3 gren with hmg+ g43 massacred everything :D. Not mention in jager doctrine, do pggrens with shreks and g43 updgrade and get vet3. These are one man army squads. + sprint pretty good to if you spam snipers :P
25 Jul 2013, 22:30 PM

and your favorite comander?

My fav commander is obviously Jaeger Armor, I'm writing guide for this doctrine with all strategies fulfilling with this doctrine

But in a short story, this doctrine has very good and powerful combinations which i really like and all abilities from this doctrine are necessary
25 Jul 2013, 22:44 PM

Spearhead so far. Mortar HT, Smoke, Recon and Tiger? Yes please. If they spam infantry, frag grenades take care of them.

I used to love jaeger infantry, but most of its abilities are frankly useless. Camo would be awesome if it worked on Pak's, or was cheaper. Tactical Movement is too expensive, and becomes obsolete if your army composition has moved on to tanks.

26 Jul 2013, 09:00 AM

Permanently Banned
ambush camoflage is very good sniper counter
26 Jul 2013, 11:35 AM

i love Jager Light Infantry, those upgunned grens vet 3 with every upgrade can counter any infantry.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★