Rocket artillery?

USSR: Non-doctrinal
UKF: Doctrinal
USF: Doctrinal

OKW: Non-doctrinal
Wher: Non-doctrinal

Just an observation.

Calliope>Land Mattress>stuka>pwerfer=katusha
Both Brit and USFs rocket artillery are full meta commanders and are the best.

Thing is, allies don't really need rocket artillery the same way axis does.
7 Oct 2016, 04:19 AM

USF has the best positions with their blobbing into pershing or calliope tactic.

I agree with this, think the problem with these units is mainly timing / also spam in case of the Calliope. It could be improved by tech requirements for call-in's across the board (including Command Panther, OKW Ostwind, Stug-E...) imo.
7 Oct 2016, 04:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2016, 22:27 PMGrim

That hardly matters since everyone has its doc, and it's a complete no brainer, every ability in it is Stronk.
7 Oct 2016, 08:40 AM

I know it's really complicated but check their weapon upgrades, if they are upgraded with AI tools then you can send your Panzers, if they have AT upgrades send your Ubersoldaten.
Sounds simple enough right?

Those jacksons, su85s and comets will make good work of your Panzer IVs and brumbahrs
7 Oct 2016, 09:02 AM

One thing I will say is that the RE PIAT blob is probably overperforming because it's fairly durable and doesn't bleed manpower much (vet 3 bonus). Both Axis AT infantry units are expensive and pretty easy to kill.

7 Oct 2016, 14:54 PM

Those jacksons, su85s and comets will make good work of your Panzer IVs and brumbahrs

You mean that Tank Destroyers can kill tanks!? AMAZING!!!
This sounds like Allies are building a well rounded "combined arms" force that can take on just about anything, isn't this like, what the game is supposed to be about?
Comets are really strong though, I'll admit that but, I think they are pricey enough to be justified, whining and overnerfing the Churchill, is what caused this.
7 Oct 2016, 15:03 PM

This sounds like Allies are building a well rounded "combined arms" force that can take on just about anything, isn't this like, what the game is supposed to be about?
Comets are really strong though, I'll admit that but, I think they are pricey enough to be justified, whining and overnerfing the Churchill, is what caused this.

You do understand that Allied rocket artillery, which is now well beyond established meta, will annihilate Axis combined arms?
7 Oct 2016, 15:08 PM

You do understand that Allied rocket artillery, which is now well beyond established meta, will annihilate Axis combined arms?

Considering only Soviets get Rocket Artillery baseline, I would say that it's fine those commanders are meta, missing basic tools such as mines, flamethrowers, AT snares and rocket artillery sucks you know? :D
7 Oct 2016, 15:11 PM

Considering only Soviets get Rocket Artillery baseline, I would say that it's fine those commanders are meta, missing basic tools such as mines, flamethrowers, AT snares and rocket artillery sucks you know? :D

You are trying to imply that USF and UKF are less powefull with their current meta commanders whilst missing these fundamentals you are talking about? Do you even play the game xd?
7 Oct 2016, 15:16 PM

You are trying to imply that USF and UKF are less powefull with their current meta commanders whilst missing these fundamentals you are talking about? Do you even play the game xd?

I didn't imply anything like that, I just said they pay for their advantages with some disadvantages, and I do play the game! Not as often as I used to, as I been kinda sickly and busy with studies, but my playercard is here for you to see it.
7 Oct 2016, 18:52 PM

I didn't imply anything like that, I just said they pay for their advantages with some disadvantages, and I do play the game! Not as often as I used to, as I been kinda sickly and busy with studies, but my playercard is here for you to see it.

I see. Well it isn't really paying for your shortcommings when you can simply reliably count on one or two doctrines to give you the upper hand throughout the game. These shortcommings don't seem to be shortcommings, since USF and UKF don't seem to pay for them in the first place.
7 Oct 2016, 19:27 PM

I see. Well it isn't really paying for your shortcommings when you can simply reliably count on one or two doctrines to give you the upper hand throughout the game. These shortcommings don't seem to be shortcommings, since USF and UKF don't seem to pay for them in the first place.

That's a problem with the way factions were designed, look at how the Mobile Assault Regiment is the most used Brit commander, as it gives you all you will ever need.
AT least USA can't get a premium medium heavy tanks, with rocket artillery and flamers in a single package.
7 Oct 2016, 19:54 PM

Also like Guard Motor and Shock Rifle.

Faction - Doctrine interaction has always been a bit wonky in this game.
7 Oct 2016, 20:33 PM

That's a problem with the way factions were designed, look at how the Mobile Assault Regiment is the most used Brit commander, as it gives you all you will ever need.
AT least USA can't get a premium medium heavy tanks, with rocket artillery and flamers in a single package.

Yeah thank fuck for that! Hmm I don't think so. Ostheer and OKW were both designed with the Katyusha and B4 in mind, whilst OKW was also designed with the Priest in mind. Now that we have CalliOP dlc and the Land mattress DLC, relic simply overruled their own design for getting more cash from the community via overpowered doctrines that have no ties to any well though through proces of creation.
8 Oct 2016, 00:03 AM

Yeah thank fuck for that! Hmm I don't think so. Ostheer and OKW were both designed with the Katyusha and B4 in mind, whilst OKW was also designed with the Priest in mind. Now that we have CalliOP dlc and the Land mattress DLC, relic simply overruled their own design for getting more cash from the community via overpowered doctrines that have no ties to any well though through proces of creation.

That's just how it is, I love the Pack Howitzer but the Mortar is just better overall, a lot of good units are overshadowed by much better counters and call-ins are better than teching.
It's kinda why Armor is needed in your loadout because M10s are your best bet at surviving Stug-E/Prostwind call-ins in 1vs1 when you are behind.
8 Oct 2016, 00:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Oct 2016, 22:27 PMGrim

Rocket artillery?

USSR: Non-doctrinal
UKF: Doctrinal

OKW: Non-doctrinal
Wher: Non-doctrinal

Just an observation.

Which ones are better and recharge faster?
8 Oct 2016, 05:49 AM
Donator 11

Axis isn't fun to use anymore, not because they suck but the Allies are that much better.
8 Oct 2016, 14:10 PM

Axis isn't fun to use anymore, not because they suck but the Allies are that much better.

Yeah pretty much haha
8 Oct 2016, 14:50 PM

So combined arms for you means 2-3 units? Jacksons, rifles and maybe mortars/Calliope? Infantry tanks and artillery?
8 Oct 2016, 15:22 PM

So combined arms for you means 2-3 units? Jacksons, rifles and maybe mortars/Calliope? Infantry tanks and artillery?

Rifles with BARs or 1919S, the Mortar, support units with Bazookas, 2 Shermans or 2 Jacksons and Calliope! USF doesn't use a lot of units most of the time, since their rooster is built on very versatile units such as Rifles and Shermans.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★