Login

russian armor

Italian Faction Proposal (Outline)

22 Sep 2016, 17:39 PM

I'm a mod for a steam group called the Italian COH2 Faction Club and I wanted to get some feedback on some of the ideas we've been discussing to see what other people think of the units within each tier and the commander ideas. Any feedback, positive or negative is welcome, so please share your thoughts. Manpower, fuel, and munitions prices are to be determined and this thread will be updated when we have a fixed idea for those. For now we are just trying to determine if the outline of the concept seems ok.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/COH2-IFC/discussions/

They are the two pinned discussions named Italian commanders list and Italian Base Buidings BETA 2.0 ( Units, Bases, Balancing )

Note: Patton uses google translate, so if you need clarification for something feel free to ask me.ITIT
23 Sep 2016, 12:44 PM

My advice is scrap the Italian Army idea. I've always supported the idea of adding additional armies who actually fought in ww2, so the idea of adding the Italians is insanity.

To clarify further almost every battle the Italians fought in, the Italians lost or they won thanks to the Germans sending ridiculous amounts of troops, tanks and etc to bail the Italians out. I mean they lost to Ethiopia for christ sakes, and you want to make an army out of that?

I can't support an Italian Army who didn't fight in ww2 to be added to coh2. I do however support the Francais Armee or even an army consisting of British colonial troops(Canadian, Australian and New Zealand infantry, vehicles and etc).
23 Sep 2016, 12:47 PM

My advice is scrap the Italian Army idea. I've always supported the idea of adding additional armies who actually fought in ww2, so the idea of adding the Italians is insanity.

To clarify further almost every battle the Italians fought in, the Italians lost or they won thanks to the Germans sending ridiculous amounts of troops, tanks and etc to bail the Italians out. I mean they lost to Ethiopia for christ sakes, and you want to make an army out of that?

I can't support an Italian Army who didn't fight in ww2 to be added to coh2. I do however support the Francais Armee or even an army consisting of British colonial troops(Canadian, Australian and New Zealand infantry, vehicles and etc).
..... NO WORDS
23 Sep 2016, 13:27 PM

Did you know that East African Campaign was primarily Italy VS British Empire? They had Matildas, tanks that gave problems also to the better equipped germans. Italian East Africa was cut off from Italy. No supplies.
The Italian army didn't fight in WW2 ... (???)
I'm not saying that French forces must not be represented in CoH2, but between Italy and France, i would choose Italy as first, then France.

Seriously, are you drunk/stoned?
23 Sep 2016, 14:17 PM

You know,all this historical discussion asides,i recommend you make a mod with your italian faction concept.

Its much easier to judge viability of faction mechanics if you can actually play said faction.
23 Sep 2016, 14:22 PM

Just an fyi, REforever is a notorious troll. Feel free to ignore him.
23 Sep 2016, 15:35 PM

Unlike you I deal in facts. Get rid of your damned Italian bias and think for a few seconds. Adding the Italian Army makes no fucking sense, when you can instead have real armies that fought like the Polish Army, Canadian Army, Serbian Army and etc.

None of those are cliches either since they're based on facts. For example, the Italians did cook a lot of pasta in the African theatre according to German officers, which used up a lot of water supply.

If the Italians even for one second cared about winning, they wouldn't have been spamming pasta in Africa.

For those of you also crying "racism!", please quote what I said that is considered racist. Did I bash Italians, their courage and valour, or lack thereof? Yes, but I stand by that since i'm criticising(Rightfully so) their combat ability, and the fact that we(Canada, the UK and the US) steamrolled them in Africa and in Europe.

The Italians don't deserve a spot in coh2 and I'll always maintain that stance.
facts like fox news :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:
23 Sep 2016, 17:26 PM

^
Funny how you say the Serbians are viable as a faction, when all they had were Chetniks during the war. You know... guerilla warfare and shit.

All support for the Italians coming to the game as end-game content ;)
23 Sep 2016, 17:35 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

I would argue that the italians would just be ostruppen plus german equipment. I'm not arguing that the italians didn't contribute to the war, I'm saying they might be redundant.
23 Sep 2016, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2016, 17:35 PMwouren
I would argue that the italians would just be ostruppen plus german equipment. I'm not arguing that the italians didn't contribute to the war, I'm saying they might be redundant.
nah on tank we had almost only light tank most of the medium and heavy where from german but we had varied elite inf and some nice light tank
the faction could work like panzer elite with panther call in 1 time and focus on light vehivcle put a command "carro armato" like the command p4but differnt buff and we have an unique early game faction
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★