Login

russian armor

[OKW] switch FlakHT to MortarHT?

17 Sep 2016, 15:46 PM

Permanently Banned
FlakHT is an awkward unit and fails against blobs and anything you throw at it, because it's shoots only when static.

I think, the better unit instead of this masterpiece should be a MortarHT, because it could fix lack of smoke for OKW and adds versatility to faction.

Yeah, OKW has leig, but you need two of them, alone is too weak against garrison and leig don't have smoke. And it's expensive and pop cap hungry.

Since USF got their turbo mortar, I guess switching useful FlakHT to MortarHT would not hurt anyone.

Anyways, OKW has lot's of problems.
17 Sep 2016, 15:58 PM

FlakHT is an awkward unit and fails against blobs and anything you throw at it, because it's shoots only when static.

I think, the better unit instead of this masterpiece should be a MortarHT, because it could fix lack of smoke for OKW and adds versatility to faction.

Yeah, OKW has leig, but you need two of them, alone is too weak against garrison and leig don't have smoke. And it's expensive and pop cap hungry.

Since USF got their turbo mortar, I guess switching useful FlakHT to MortarHT would not hurt anyone.

Not a bad idea, though I prefer giving the FlakHT a quicker set-up time and slightly better performance against light vehicles. ISG needs smoke and better damage against garrisons/aoe.
17 Sep 2016, 16:10 PM

Now that OKW has a proper suppression platform i think this would be a good idea. Ive always seen OKW as the more mobile and aggressive side of the Wehrmacht and the mobile Indirect fire would really suit this role. Much like what the PE had in vCoH
17 Sep 2016, 16:57 PM

I'd prefer to see the Flaktrack not suck, but this could work as well I guess.
17 Sep 2016, 20:12 PM

no set up, Act like USF n Sov AA.. see how it goes
17 Sep 2016, 20:15 PM

0.5 sec set up is reasonable.
17 Sep 2016, 22:11 PM

Now that OKW has a proper suppression platform i think this would be a good idea. Ive always seen OKW as the more mobile and aggressive side of the Wehrmacht and the mobile Indirect fire would really suit this role. Much like what the PE had in vCoH

What are you talking about? If you're referring to the MG34 which is underperforming I got bad news for you.
17 Sep 2016, 22:25 PM

I think giving the isg smoke and buffing/reducing the cost of the flak ht is a better idea. Adding a mortar ht would make the isg even less viable of an option.
17 Sep 2016, 22:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Sep 2016, 22:25 PMCrumbum
I think giving the isg smoke and buffing/reducing the cost of the flak ht is a better idea. Adding a mortar ht would make the isg even less viable of an option.

I have argued before that the AAHT would be viable at 20-30 fuel and would probably work well in pairs.
17 Sep 2016, 23:59 PM

What are you talking about? If you're referring to the MG34 which is underperforming I got bad news for you.

I agree that the mg34 is underperforming but i still think the switch would be awesome.
18 Sep 2016, 01:35 AM

Remove setup but limit its firing arc like the stug(like the vcoh PE 3.7mm AT HT). Remove suppression, Buff/Nerf speed and HP appropriately.

Make it a defensive ai unit instead of an offensive one like the luch.
18 Sep 2016, 18:53 PM

I agree that the mg34 is underperforming but i still think the switch would be awesome.

Agreed.
18 Sep 2016, 23:57 PM

Agree on awkwardness and OKW having problems, however if you take away the FlakHT, there goes mobile AA for OKW, meaning its GG if the allies get strafing runs.
If anything the infraHT should get replaced by mortar.

I'd prefer to see the Flaktrack not suck, but this could work as well I guess.

+1
19 Sep 2016, 03:49 AM

Why do you think swapping a unit is easier than fixing those issues you highlighting in your own post?
19 Sep 2016, 04:37 AM

Remove setup but limit its firing arc like the stug(like the vcoh PE 3.7mm AT HT). Remove suppression, Buff/Nerf speed and HP appropriately.

Make it a defensive ai unit instead of an offensive one like the luch.

This, but don't remove the suppression. The USF AAHT can suppress, so I think it's fair to still keep the suppression (Especially consider the fact that the MG34 isn't that great at its role). The arc could be the same as the arc that the AAHT can't fire (Basically, the Flak arc + the AAHT arc = 360 degree). Also, I think it should get a penetration buff. I mean, the AAHT has 2 types of gun: the normal AA against infantry and a second burst-firing gun that reliably penetrate LV which has shorter range so I think Flak halftrack should be able to penetrate LV as well, but probably with slightly lower RoF.
19 Sep 2016, 06:48 AM
Patrion 27

Not a bad idea, though I prefer giving the FlakHT a quicker set-up time and slightly better performance against light vehicles. ISG needs smoke and better damage against garrisons/aoe.

Nailed it. I love how specialized the ISG and Flak HT are but they both need those exact changes to make them actually viable. What could really work though is turning the IR ht into a plain old 251 that canu pgrade to IR instead of Flammenwherfer. That way if you vet it up in combat it'll be more manuevrable etc when you upgrqade later game when it's more of a liability on frontlines.
19 Sep 2016, 07:14 AM

What could really work though is turning the IR ht into a plain old 251 that canu pgrade to IR instead of Flammenwherfer. That way if you vet it up in combat it'll be more manuevrable etc when you upgrqade later game when it's more of a liability on frontlines.

This would be an epic idea if only OKW doesnt have the med truck FRP already.

A reinforcement HT may be made redundant by the FRP but the most important part is that a reinforcement HT will lengthen the time a unit in the front WITHOUT the drawbacks of a long retreat path for the unit due to FRP presence.

The Ostheer needs it so that it can keep fighting while being way away from it's base.
19 Sep 2016, 07:41 AM
Patrion 27

This would be an epic idea if only OKW doesnt have the med truck FRP already.

A reinforcement HT may be made redundant by the FRP but the most important part is that a reinforcement HT will lengthen the time a unit in the front WITHOUT the drawbacks of a long retreat path for the unit due to FRP presence.

The Ostheer needs it so that it can keep fighting while being way away from it's base.

Well, we all know that this game needs to flat-out have ALL FRP removed at this point.
19 Sep 2016, 08:21 AM

or just add mortarHT for OKW T2
19 Sep 2016, 11:01 AM

Permanently Banned
I'd whant to see the Flaktrack, this unit need a little changes, but how you whant counter penals and guards spam with mortar HT ? or hit the planes ? OKW have ISG for inderect fire or zu fast.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★