Login

russian armor

[1v1] Wehr vs USF

15 Sep 2016, 21:51 PM

Hey everyone, I'll be kinda active on this sub I think =)

Well, I know I did bad micro at somepoints. Bad HMG preservation, bad sniper positioning, maybe my AT weren't on the best positions they could be. I tried to play and react on a confortable pace because I'd screw up otherwise.

Nothing big, but the USF spammed artillery like hell. 2 art. tanks plus a mortar and at some point he could use his barrage from Commander on every engagement. Near the end I bait his barrage, reinforce and go for it, he barrage'd me again, lol.

My Tiger did well, but I couldn't quite reach for the flank, I needed him elsewhere... or at least I think I did, but hey, that's up to you to decide.

Thing is, besides micro failures which I know I'm not the greatest, how could I've reacted on a big picture? What could I have done or should? Because even if I improve on micro'ing, if I don't know how to react to something, I'll get my ass handed to me anyway =)

thanks any input guys, cheers
22 Sep 2016, 08:23 AM

Will look at it.
22 Sep 2016, 09:45 AM

Hello! Watched it, here are some tips

Actually it was a really fun match, pleasure to watch :D

You made a few mistakes but you lost mostly to RNG. Thanks to the full model squadwipes. #RNGame

I especially liked the following:
- First 10 min where you always repositioned your MG42s
- The fact that you were thinking (getting a panther when saw the tank horde, etc)

I disliked the following:
- The great RNG favor to the USF player. Clearly he got blessed so hard you can't even tell.

General problems

T1 placement

Retreat low health team weapons to reinforce / heal (2 model MG42 could've died to an attack).

Focusing on only 1 side - most of the time people just stall out games as if 3rd VPs and flanks never existed. Okay, it's forgivable as you started capping the points on the flanks from about thw 16-18 min mark.

Assgren grenade assault won't work against stuarts :D But if they were there, you could've thrown those grenades at the mortar to wipe it.

You saw that he went for Lt + captain combo, you could've gone for T4 instead of T3. He delayed his tech so badly, a fast Brummbar could've closed the game really quickly.

Lt + M15 + captain + Stuart = 230 fuel,
with Major = 350 fuel,
with Sherman = 460 fuel,

BP2 + BP3 + T4 + Brummbar = 300 fuel
with another Brummbar = 460 fuel

So you could've gotten 2 Brummbars when he would've managed to get 1 Sherman to counter it. And they can deal with any infantry + a Sherman is not really a big threat to them either.

There were big MP floats a few times, getting a second pak when facing a lot of tanks is never a bad idea. T3 + T4 in under 30 mins is a waste. Especially that you only built 1 StuG.

Don't waste mp + muni on bunkers against tank horde as it can be killed in 4 shots. (And as the USF guy had 5 tanks at the same time at a point, it's pretty much a dead idea :D )

Wasted muni on fausts a lot of times as you couldn't have followed it up with pak shots, lot of unneccessary bundle nades thrown = Totally wasted muni all the time. Next time think ahead what you will ACHIEVE with it and at what COST. Losing 2 models of a PGren squad (68 manpower) + throwing a 45 muni grenade to kill 2 models of a riflemen squad (56 manpower) is not worth it.

Always toggle prioritize vehicle on panthers and other TDs. You could've killed the 2 sherman instead of one if you panther hadn't derped out to kill a crewmember of the ATG that was far away, not facing your tank.

Should've chosen lightning war for the AT strafes. Of course you don't know what to expect, but choosing a doctrine later can help you win matches.

Always support ATGs. Your Tiger was way too back from your ATG so couldn't defend it. There were no tanks so you could've just reversed it back to base.

Time marked problems

5.40 min mark: Sniper got killed, next time use attack move not right click.

10.40 min mark: Got another sniper. Getting one this late is just a huge waste of manpower especially that you needed a pak instead of a sniper because there was an M15 AA HT.

14.40 min mark: Lost the mg in the house. Always reposition them if the opponent throws smoke.

22 min mark: Built T3, should've gone for T4 instead. Brummbar would've been a god against those riflemen hordes as he only had 1 ATG.

23.20 min mark: You got baited hard as you went in for that stuart too deep, should've killed it with the pak earlier (222 can't deal with stuart alone).

45 min mark: Should've pushed in mid with your tanks to kill all of them as he didn't have any backup.

I think that's all, nice match again and better luck next time :thumb:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS