Login

russian armor

A suggestion for USF

12 Sep 2016, 15:35 PM

In Pershing Company and Priest Company, you get Riflemen Field Defences which allows you to build mines with rifles... But in 1v1s it's so hard to spare 1 of your riflemen to plant mines because you need every squad you can get on the frontlines, what i suggest is, how about giving the ability to plant mines for Rear Echelons? I mean every faction starting engineers can build mines except USF, that way REs get their role and you won't have to spare rifles to build mines.

What do you guys think about this?
12 Sep 2016, 16:12 PM

I can see it working nicely and it would finally give some (minor) reason to use Infantry Co. over Tac Support.
Vaz
12 Sep 2016, 17:05 PM

I would like it if it didn't take them so long to plant the mines.
12 Sep 2016, 17:16 PM

Oh my god, i had the same thought 2 days ago and i wanted to make a tread too.

+1000 man, very nice idea :D
12 Sep 2016, 17:24 PM

Can you clarify whether you suggest having mines by default and not doctrinal? Typically there will be plenty more riflemen on the field than REs to build mines, so not sure which one option actually is more advantageous.
12 Sep 2016, 18:19 PM

Can you clarify whether you suggest having mines by default and not doctrinal? Typically there will be plenty more riflemen on the field than REs to build mines, so not sure which one option actually is more advantageous.

The best thing would be non doctrinal but since Relic insists to asymmetrical balance, at least make it doctrinal. This two commanders that have mines, as the OP said.
12 Sep 2016, 18:24 PM
Patrion 14

no for me. im pretty sure its intentional. just look at the build time. i feel its supposed to have greater opp. cost.
12 Sep 2016, 19:55 PM

i like rifles having the mines... if you're quick (and a little lucky) you can emplace mines all over without giving it away (vs when pios stand still in one spot a little too long)
12 Sep 2016, 19:56 PM

Yeah, build time needs to be toned down, it takes ages to plant mines as USF, don't know this is intentional but still... And no it would still be doctorinal, but give REs mines instead of rifles while letting the rifles being able to build FPs and sandbags...
12 Sep 2016, 21:58 PM

You can plant them fast by making all Rifles work together, it's fine as it is.
12 Sep 2016, 23:12 PM

I think it's alright on rifles, but I agree the build time is a bit too long. USF playstyle means your mines usually need to be forward on the opponent's side of the map, which is a dangerous place to have your rifles standing around for such a long time.
12 Sep 2016, 23:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 17:05 PMVaz
I would like it if it didn't take them so long to plant the mines.
13 Sep 2016, 07:05 AM

yeah...lets buff the allies more and more.

look to the poor wehr pios....the fuck at dmg, at repair, at anythink, only 4 models,...yeah..lets buff the rears....the can get 5 models, can get 2 mgs, bazookas, can supress, etc ec
13 Sep 2016, 09:21 AM

Doesn't the logic apply to sturms too?
13 Sep 2016, 09:44 AM

In which case are sturms op? Yeah.they are strong at start..if u igrnor them.

Yeah..the can rapair fast.
Yeah..they are the only one who can take a schreck.

But: they can only dmg at near, are expansive, can get only one schreck, have 4 models

A rear echolon can get 2Bars/ 2 LMGs/ 2 zooks or a mix....so it get much effictiv vs infantery/ tanks/ both

cost much less then sturm, have supress, can get 5 models
13 Sep 2016, 11:25 AM

Dude this thread isn't about buffing any unit or anything, read the suggestion first... Rear Echelons will get mines doctrinal... and that's it... No need to argue which is better or worse
13 Sep 2016, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2016, 18:24 PMpigsoup
no for me. im pretty sure its intentional. just look at the build time. i feel its supposed to have greater opp. cost.

This.

If rifles or REs could leave mines everywhere in short order the OKW and Wehr would be crippled.

You are using the mines incorrectly, you are treating them like every other faction. Instead USF mines are extremely defensive. Build them far behind the line, potentially even near an ambulance as you reinforce. Don't try to build them far forward with the rifles, but use them to keep German vehicles from pushing on injured USF tanks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★