Login

russian armor

mapname.scar not executing

4 Sep 2016, 00:15 AM

I've scripted about a dozen maps, but never saw this problem. I've even put in some deliberate bad code, and didn't get the scar error pause that you usually get when you start a game.

The map was renamed from another map, but it uses the new name to load or save all the new mapname*.* files, so I don't suppose it's saving the old name internally.

Has there been a change to how you associate a script with a map? Is the current map builder buggy?
4 Sep 2016, 22:54 PM

Try Scenario Properties
6 Sep 2016, 00:46 AM

I don't see any relevant options in the Scenario Properties. Am I overlooking something?
6 Sep 2016, 12:22 PM

Well, I remember I had an issue with renamed map (sorry dont remember what kind exactly) and the solution was to match a mapfile name with fields in Scenario Properties.
3 Oct 2016, 14:56 PM

When renaming a map, I recommend "Save As" from the editor into a new folder.
Then any associating files created and copy paste the content in the new folder. Technically this isn't required, but for me, it's best practice, so I don't overlook renaming a file, especially if the old and new names are similar.

Also, I recommend not using special chars in the file names (This may have been patched at some point, but originally this caused a lot of problems)
No spaces, "-"...ect
Instead, use only Numbers, underscore "_", and letters
10 Mar 2017, 07:36 AM

anyone get a fix for this,im having same prob too, try these but none work.this was a prob years ago, i see they STILL havnt fix :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★