Login

russian armor

[2vs2] RIP Axis

PAGES (11)down
15 Oct 2016, 07:03 AM

You mean like the MG42 with its phosphorous rounds?

Well, the russian mortar has the same accuracy as its german pendant.

While they are fun to use, it would be a very unpleasent experience if every faction had unrestricted access to them.

yes... sure... because it's not already the most durable stock tank... I happen to know a faction with its strongest (doctrinal!) tank having less hp than a vet2 panther, funny huh?

Because the Stuka is not wiping enough or what? Panzerwerfer was stronger once - it was cancerous with squads and weapon teams being wiped in 1 barrage without being able to run away.

I have not seen a long time ago to play random 3x3 and 4x4 .. Why? Because you can not beat cock with new balans. And here talking nonsense.
15 Oct 2016, 08:04 AM

RedT3rror, you play this game first time?

OKW MG 42 is big shit, if you do not think so, you are noob.
Katyusha,Priest,Land Mattress,sherman Calliope.....all that's twice as good one fucking stuka.
COmet is better then panter. multi-purpose tank.
Allies have twice the light vehicles.
By reading this you have written seems to me like it was written by a noob with 10 hours of gameplay.
Oh...

I believe you all have missed the point that I'm not concerned with balance but his idiotic argument that lacks any research in how balance works and what causes imbalance. Instead he's acting like a true fanboy crying for buffs buffs and more buffs for his favourite units. He doesn't justify his demands. He doesn't analyze the problems. He doesn't even draw a distinction between the 5 factions.
Someone who doesn't know the basics of reasoning can not be argued with. That's why my answer was of similiar quality as his own post - you might see the irony in there.

I have not seen a long time ago to play random 3x3 and 4x4 .. Why? Because you can not beat cock with new balans. And here talking nonsense.

That is funny, coming from someone who doesn't even show his playercard.
15 Oct 2016, 08:34 AM

He doesn't justify his demands. He doesn't analyze the problems. He doesn't even draw a distinction between the 5 factions.
Someone who doesn't know the basics of reasoning can not be argued with. That's why my answer was of similiar quality as his own post - you might see the irony in there.

That is funny, coming from someone who doesn't even show his playercard.

This is precisely the concerns you.
15 Oct 2016, 08:34 AM

15 Oct 2016, 11:27 AM

I believe you all have missed the point that I'm not concerned with balance but his idiotic argument that lacks any research in how balance works and what causes imbalance. Instead he's acting like a true fanboy crying for buffs buffs and more buffs for his favourite units. He doesn't justify his demands. He doesn't analyze the problems. He doesn't even draw a distinction between the 5 factions.

Oh I know he was being a little bit too bias since he only want buffs for Axis without consider changing the Allies as well. That's why in my post, I mentioned another reason that would make all his demands seem unneeded: Axis infantries' survivability. All Allies stuffs seem strong probably not because they are OP but rather because Axis infantries are so prone to get wipe (smaller squad sizes, squad formation, RA buff through vets doesn't as good as the Allies counterpart, etc.). If we manage to fix that first, probably other things would seem fine! ‎
15 Oct 2016, 12:28 PM
Donator 22

RedT3rror, you play this game first time?

OKW MG 42 is big shit, if you do not think so, you are noob.
Katyusha,Priest,Land Mattress,sherman Calliope.....all that's twice as good one fucking stuka.
COmet is better then panter. multi-purpose tank.
Allies have twice the light vehicles.
By reading this you have written seems to me like it was written by a noob with 10 hours of gameplay.
Oh...

Oh boy....

OKW is using the MG34.
The Stuka is really good [wiping support teams(without the Katyusha, everythink else is doctrinal)]
I agree with you that the comet is a better allrounder than the panther(not the command panther)
OKW also have light vehicles and ostheer as well.
16 Oct 2016, 19:32 PM

34okw or 42 as ost, they are not real mgs.. all german army was made around this MGs and infantry was only covering it. Nm its a game.

I think main problem is that game is balanced very well around 1v1 mode, but it cant be balanced as good in 2v2 and other modes, cause some things coupled together give higher effect then x2, if you understand what i mean.
18 Oct 2016, 10:16 AM

Yes 2vs2 is unplayable especially if it was against two soviets! just spam penals+guards rush t70 and its GG! volks dont stand a chance against against penals or gaurds thanks relic
3 Nov 2016, 19:37 PM

I think its unplayable as okw at the moment. Its even harder to play now as okw than to play as soviets when okw was op. Back to 4v4s :lol:
4 Nov 2016, 02:55 AM

34okw or 42 as ost, they are not real mgs.. all german army was made around this MGs and infantry was only covering it. Nm its a game.

What? The MG 42 and Mg 34 are not real MG's? All german army was made around this MGs and infantry only covered it? I assume that you are referencing to how German infantry doctrine was formed with the general-purpose MG as a core part of the squad, but its hard to tell due to how incoherent your post is.
I think main problem is that game is balanced very well around 1v1 mode, but it cant be balanced as good in 2v2 and other modes, cause some things coupled together give higher effect then x2, if you understand what i mean.

No. I don't. Nobody is arguing that 3v3s and 4v4s are balanced. 1v1 and 2v2 balance is possible, but just fucked up right now due to fundamental issues with both the Axis and Allied factions.
4 Nov 2016, 07:36 AM

Strongest Infantery: IS and Riflemen with upgrades
strongest light tank: stuart and T70
Strongest medium: comet
strongest heavy all rounder: pershing /
strongest arty: calliope / Land Mattress
strongest call ins: brits
strongest mg: vickers
strongest emplacements: brits
strongest mortar: soviet and USF
strongest tank destroyer: with skill: Firefly
strongest FLamer tank: Crocodile Churchill

all this units have the strongest power for its price...
2 Dec 2016, 01:55 AM

I feel it's mainly the superior indirect fire. Calliopes and land mattresses, mortar pits, USF super mortars, etc seem to decide the majority of my 2v2s. Panzerwerfer is simply laughable .

I usually win the early game, but as the arty pieces like the Calliope and Land Mattress start coming out, I will slowly use my entire force (if the USF mortar or UKF mortar pit hasn't RNG-wiped out my 4-man squads and sniper by then). Rarely does it feel that infantry combat has much significance at all to the outcome of the match, which is sad.

I feel like wehr in 2v2 requires you to be some micro god to somehow constantly move your grens between MG-bursts to avoid getting mortared.

Axis were once known for their good late game. None of that is left now.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2016, 14:26 PMNubb3r
This isn't specific to 2vs2 games, but one of the most "wrong" things which also apply for team games in this game is that mortars/isgs and pack howies can be so effective compared to the effort you need to put into using them. The amount of damage/micro tax on your opponent is far too much when compared to the actual effort put in by the player that is using them. The mortar pit takes this to an extreme where you don't even need to retreat, reinforce and reposition anymore. Instead you repair and brace every once in a while.

I couldn't agree more.

It feels like the skill ceiling of this game is now lower than ever. Most of the work is done by auto-fire mortar and 1-click arty. Infantry combat is often decided by whose mortar hits first. This combined with late-game rocket artillery that has the potential to wipe multiple squads in one barrage (even if you don't blob).
2 Dec 2016, 02:32 AM

Strongest Infantery: IS and Riflemen with upgrades
strongest light tank: stuart and T70
Strongest medium: comet
strongest heavy all rounder: pershing /
strongest arty: calliope / Land Mattress
strongest call ins: brits
strongest mg: vickers
strongest emplacements: brits
strongest mortar: soviet and USF
strongest tank destroyer: with skill: Firefly
strongest FLamer tank: Crocodile Churchill

all this units have the strongest power for its price...

:D

oh wait, you are serious? lemme laugh even harder :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
2 Dec 2016, 02:34 AM

oh wait, you are serious? lemme laugh even harder :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Why don't you actually post something useful and provide counter points?
2 Dec 2016, 06:54 AM

You may not agree with the assessments, in which case you should point out, in your opinion, the errors. However it happens to represent pretty much a consensus about such categories. The bias is that he is only picking categories that do actually favour the allies, leaving out things like Best heavy tank destroyer: Jagdtiger and some others. However on the whole it is pretty straight up. Allies do have the best of most categories.
2 Dec 2016, 15:05 PM

Most of us axis fan boys are just asking for the gap to be closed up a little. Winter patch looks good. They are dealing with power spikes on both sides. I have faith in Mr. Smith

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2016, 06:54 AMRappy

You may not agree with the assessments, in which case you should point out, in your opinion, the errors. However it happens to represent pretty much a consensus about such categories. The bias is that he is only picking categories that do actually favour the allies, leaving out things like Best heavy tank destroyer: Jagdtiger and some others. However on the whole it is pretty straight up. Allies do have the best of most categories.
11 Dec 2016, 16:51 PM

Just get rid of the stand fast OP ability,and double bren on tommies(maybe?).I hope raketen can fire faster and also the USF mortar to not be so OP anymore.
PAGES (11)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS