Login

russian armor

artillery officer

Ojy
21 Jul 2013, 19:38 PM

Just wanted to start a thread about this dude, as nobody ever talks about him and ive only ever come up against him like once or twice.
I personally think he's great. I love the smoke he provides, his arty incall is pretty handy and concentrate fire is great for pak's and arty peices he's next to. He can cap and has a little pistol.
So lets hear it, what's everyones opinions on him? Good, bad?
If you do use him what kind of role do you have him in? Up front, on his own, in the rear with the gear?
Also if anyone has any stats on him wrt close combat, are those guys with him grens or better, worse?
Cheers mukkas.
21 Jul 2013, 20:24 PM

I've heard his squad total dps is just like that on a vanilla gren squad.
I always have him out when available, his smoke and aura ability is great.
And if you got a panzerwerfer, he can make it shoot almost continually with no cooldown between barrages, very good on maps with a lot of munitions, like Pripyat Winter :o
21 Jul 2013, 20:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2013, 20:24 PMQvazar
I've heard his squad total dps is just like that on a vanilla gren squad.
I always have him out when available, his smoke and aura ability is great.
And if you got a panzerwerfer, he can make it shoot almost continually with no cooldown between barrages, very good on maps with a lot of munitions, like Pripyat Winter :o

U mean sheldt v. 2.0 ^_^
21 Jul 2013, 20:36 PM

U mean sheldt v. 2.0 ^_^

Close, but that title goes to Pripyat Spring ;)
21 Jul 2013, 20:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2013, 20:36 PMQvazar

Close, but that title goes to Pripyat Spring ;)

well thats true ^_^
22 Jul 2013, 01:56 AM

Yeah its a great unit. I almost always get him when I can spare the manpwer. Complements Gren/LMGs so well with extra damage and the smoke it provides is insane for being aggresive verse tanks. I've only seen him be used against me a couple times, suprising considering how good this unit is!
22 Jul 2013, 18:47 PM

The aura he can use is absolute insane if you used with multiple units nearby. The smoke can be used to great effect for Infantry attacks / Surprise attacks on SU-85s.
22 Jul 2013, 21:34 PM

Before coh2stats went down, I posted the following thing in a thread over on GR. In combination with the right artillery units, his victor target ability can be extremely strong. It is very inconsistent with the normal barrages and some artillery pieces really get great boni from the ability. Remember that I had this information from coh2stats so I had to assume that the stats are correct:

Ok, because people are talking about the coordinated fire (victor target) ability of the officer: It does not cause a cooldown of the artillery pieces, allowing you to basically shoot for 3 barrages without stopping.

From the stats, it also does this (I hope it doesn't apply any other modifiers, those are just weapon stats):
Mortar: Doubles the range (to 160, auto attack is 80) and doubles the damage. Also makes it much more accurate but it fires more slowly.

Mortar HT: Just theoretical, you currently can't have a mortar HT and the officer (unless you recrew one). It doubles the range and makes it much more accurate.

Panzerwerfer: Increases the range from 160 to 240 and makes it a bit more accurate. I think the main use with Panzerwerfers to time it so you basically shoot three salvoes without interruption.

le FH 10.5 cm: Doubles the range (should be able to hit anything on the map with that), makes it fire slightly faster and slightly more accurate. It also increases its AOE damage radius. Overall, this is huge synergy!

From the stats, I'd say that the ability is severely underestimated. Sure, you need the units already but its sheer power should be able to deal with basically everything.

About the "makes it more accurate": For everything but the mortars, I think that the accuracy increase is mainly a consequence of their maximum scatter (unchanged for everything but mortars) being applied to their larger range. This results in a smaller angle.
This basically means that at or near their new maximum range, they will be about as accurate as they were at or near their old maximum range. However, when not shooting at their new max range, they'll be much more accurate.
23 Jul 2013, 18:21 PM

does the accuracy increase skill works with mortars and le fh? i wonder if it sinergises to make mortars into mega range snipers.
Ojy
23 Jul 2013, 21:10 PM

Before coh2stats went down, I posted the following thing in a thread over on GR. In combination with the right artillery units, his victor target ability can be extremely strong. It is very inconsistent with the normal barrages and some artillery pieces really get great boni from the ability. Remember that I had this information from coh2stats so I had to assume that the stats are correct:

Wow..... just wow. Going to use him every game now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★