Login

russian armor

How to deal with double OKW as Brit

26 Aug 2016, 14:26 PM

Hey guys i'm a solo 2v2 player and i would like to know how to deal against double OKW team. Maybe 2 mg start?

Becasue there's nothing i can make to counter their infantry. It's simply OP. even my airborn troops are worse than the elite sappers that they start with.

Also their grenades are freaking OP.
26 Aug 2016, 14:44 PM

It sounds like you're having the most trouble with Sturms, is that right?

I've found that the most reliable way to deal with the Sturms is an MG screened by a tommy. Keep the MG near your tommy but in the fog of war, so if he tries to charge you, he's going to get suppressed and have to run. (I usually only get one mg unless the opposition is a hardcore blobber.)
26 Aug 2016, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2016, 14:44 PMWygrif
It sounds like you're having the most trouble with Sturms, is that right?

I've found that the most reliable way to deal with the Sturms is an MG screened by a tommy. Keep the MG near your tommy but in the fog of war, so if he tries to charge you, he's going to get suppressed and have to run. (I usually only get one mg unless the opposition is a hardcore blobber.)

Yeah i do that sometimes, but it leaves me like with nothing to capture with.

Also my teammates at my ranking, are shit. CPU plays better than them.
26 Aug 2016, 15:03 PM

Don't forget that UKF is a really defensive faction. Try to move your sections from cover to cover, this way you are greatly reducing the chance that they catch you off guard. Also try to cap near each other with your units.

Tommies in cover eat advancing sturmpios all day everyday. The problem with tommies is that their damage starts to stagnate at mid range, so they're best used long range. Move a vickers behind them to cover them if the enemy starts to get closer and pin them.

Hope I helped! :thumb:
26 Aug 2016, 15:20 PM

Dont forget about using the bren carrier, really early
26 Aug 2016, 15:29 PM

Dont forget about using the bren carrier, really early

tommies are shit vs this guys even in cover if they rush you. I kind of tested it. The OP troops arrive with 3/4 hp even sometimes loosing a guy against full hp tommies, and they still kill tommies.

The Bren Carrier, I haven't used it, but it looks pretty weak right? I have used it once or twice. It looks like its accuracy is too low. And that leaves me with 1 less unit to capture with. Plus this thing is not bullet proof.
26 Aug 2016, 15:35 PM

Yeah i do that sometimes, but it leaves me like with nothing to capture with.

Also my teammates at my ranking, are shit. CPU plays better than them.

A lack of capping power is a problem, but it's one that can be mitigated by smart cap orders. That's very map dependent, though, so it's not really the kind of thing that can be explained here. I'd encourage you to spectate high level 2v2s to get a sense of what your fellow Brits are doing.

As for lousy teammates-that's pretty much just a fact of life. If it bothers you too much, get a buddy and only play AT. If you're set on doing randoms, though, keep a few things in mind. A coordinated bad plan will often beat an uncoordinated good one through sheer weight of numbers. Given that you've got ~ 30 seconds to type, that means that you'll often get better results if you conform your play to a teammate than if you waste micro trying to convince them to do things your way. It's also worth keeping in mind that they are a lot of ways to play this game. Sometimes something that looks dumb has a deeper logic to it and can be quite successful.
26 Aug 2016, 15:36 PM

tommies are shit vs this guys even in cover if they rush you. I kind of tested it. The OP troops arrive with 3/4 hp even sometimes loosing a guy against full hp tommies, and they still kill tommies.

How? I've never seen a sturmpio alive after rushing a section in cover, that's totally new for me :faint:

The Bren Carrier, I haven't used it, but it looks pretty weak right? I have used it once or twice. It looks like its accuracy is too low. And that leaves me with 1 less unit to capture with. Plus this thing is not bullet proof.

Actually UC has quite good armor if you don't want to go head on against a 222. It can force away kübels really easily, poke the infantry away, and deal good damage against units that are not in cover.

10/10 best support unit - IGN :foreveralone:
26 Aug 2016, 15:40 PM

Sturmpioneers (The Elite sapper one) excel in close-medium range so take long-range to your advantage. Try to avoid close-quarter area (Veto some maps out, I can't truly remembered which are worse for Brits so you have to figure it out yourself. Each time play is a learning experience, heh?)

Usually use the first IS squad to rush key-building then move your mg up. Don't too worry about capping back points yet, just lock that key positions (Either fuel point, cut-off or VP) and cap the back points later (Or you could just ask your teammate if he isn't Brits).

Also, OKW player usually can't get more than 2 Sturm squads (2 would already be 600 MP investment and it would bleed him a lot) so again, long-range is your friend. Right now, OKW overall is actually weaker than they used to and struggle a lot in 2v2. Pay attention to what tier he choose:

- If he go the Medic HQ, his lack of light vehicles would be his downfall. Your IS with Brens will make a short work of killing the OKW infantry. Rush for a Cromwell (Centaur could work but against infantry only) as early as possible and you are good to go! 

- If he go the Mech HQ, then expecting an early Luch. The best bet is to get the AEC, but if your fuel situation isn't going well then AT gun (Always need AT guns for late-game).

Since it's 2v2 we're talking here so remember to always try to get a mortar pit up. That consistent MP bleed towards the OKW player would basically kills him.

A side note: You seem to be new here so let get this straight: When you lose a game, upload it here and ask the strategists here for help. Those guys make take some time to get to your gameplays but when they do, believe me, you can always trust them! And unless you're not sure about this unit vs that unit or the stats and such, etc. (Which you seem to not know much when saying Commandos and Brens-equipped IS are weak against Sturmpioneer) then don't state them OP or anything of the sort. You're only embarrasing yourself here. Come here with the idea of you wanting to learn and improving your gameplay and you'll get what you want.‎

EDIT: Oh you haven't try the UC yet? Then try it now! You might think that its accuracy and survivability are not great but it's a vehicle! You won't get MP bleed when using this thing, while infantry can drop models and lead to MP bleed. Again, each time you play, consider it as a learning experience, try out new things, new tactics or could even be just a strange idea of your own! But still do your best! If you lose, however, then ask for help.‎

26 Aug 2016, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Aug 2016, 15:36 PMDanyek

How? I've never seen a sturmpio alive after rushing a section in cover, that's totally new for me :faint:

Actually UC has quite good armor if you don't want to go head on against a 222. It can force away kübels really easily, poke the infantry away, and deal good damage against units that are not in cover.

10/10 best support unit - IGN :foreveralone:

It's approach-cover dependent IMO. With negative or zero cover the tommys win, with yellow or green the strums can usually make it with enough health to win. That said, I've never formally tested that so maybe I'm just being too cowardly when I retreat into my MG.

UCs are boss though. Auto-buy on urban maps against a garrison-happy opponent.
26 Aug 2016, 15:48 PM

Oh I didn't mean cover-cover fights, sorry for misleading. I mean when the sturms are rushing to a section in green cover and they're not getting any cover (maybe yellow, but not more) as they do it.
26 Aug 2016, 15:49 PM

i agree. the UC is your answer here. you can flank sturms to keep them from using cover or kite to force them to keep advancing on you. it costs munis to repair, but you'll probably have REs out around the same time their volks finally unlock the faust.

once you get the vickers upgrade it also gets increased armor.

usually a UC with tommies will wreck single squads of OKW infantry.

UC takes some practice to micro effectively, though.
26 Aug 2016, 16:18 PM

Sturmpioneers (The Elite sapper one) excel in close-medium range so take long-range to your advantage. Try to avoid close-quarter area (Veto some maps out, I can't truly remembered which are worse for Brits so you have to figure it out yourself. Each time play is a learning experience, heh?)

Usually use the first IS squad to rush key-building then move your mg up. Don't too worry about capping back points yet, just lock that key positions (Either fuel point, cut-off or VP) and cap the back points later (Or you could just ask your teammate if he isn't Brits).

Also, OKW player usually can't get more than 2 Sturm squads (2 would already be 600 MP investment and it would bleed him a lot) so again, long-range is your friend. Right now, OKW overall is actually weaker than they used to and struggle a lot in 2v2. Pay attention to what tier he choose:

- If he go the Mech HQ, then expecting an early Luch. The best bet is to get the AEC, but if your fuel situation isn't going well then AT gun (Always need AT guns for late-game).

Since it's 2v2 we're talking here so remember to always try to get a mortar pit up. That consistent MP bleed towards the OKW player would basically kills him.

EDIT: Oh you haven't try the UC yet? Then try it now! You might think that its accuracy and survivability are not great but it's a vehicle! You won't get MP bleed when using this thing, while infantry can drop models and lead to MP bleed. Again, each time you play, consider it as a learning experience, try out new things, new tactics or could even be just a strange idea of your own! But still do your best! If you lose, however, then ask for help.‎

- If he go the Medic HQ, his lack of light vehicles would be his downfall. Your IS with Brens will make a short work of killing the OKW infantry. Rush for a Cromwell (Centaur could work but against infantry only) as early as possible and you are good to go! 

Need to know this things. I only played brits so i don't know the enemies tech upgrades. I know i have to learn it, but i prefer to get a sense of playing ingame, timings and such, then these things. Anyways it's a good tip.

A side note: You seem to be new here so let get this straight: When you lose a game, upload it here and ask the strategists here for help. Those guys make take some time to get to your gameplays but when they do, believe me, you can always trust them! And unless you're not sure about this unit vs that unit or the stats and such, etc. (Which you seem to not know much when saying Commandos and Brens-equipped IS are weak against Sturmpioneer) then don't state them OP or anything of the sort. You're only embarrasing yourself here. Come here with the idea of you wanting to learn and improving your gameplay and you'll get what you want.‎

Not commandos, the officers thingy, that also comes in a plane and makes commandos. I freking love commandos.
26 Aug 2016, 17:02 PM

Need to know this things. I only played brits so i don't know the enemies tech upgrades. I know i have to learn it, but i prefer to get a sense of playing ingame, timings and such, then these things. Anyways it's a good tip.

Not commandos, the officers thingy, that also comes in a plane and makes commandos. I freking love commandos.

Just played a game with an AWFUL teammate xD

I think i played pretty good until I lost the MG against continious flanks while my teammate did nothing at all. Here you go the replay

EDIT: here is the replay
26 Aug 2016, 17:27 PM

This is why I don't play randumbs :clap:

I stopped playing them when I constantly got leavers / afkers.

I always vow myself that I never play any random, but from time to time my curiosity draws me to it, and I always regret it :rofl:
26 Aug 2016, 20:23 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Arty Cover + Comets. Mass Trenches and a mortar pit that covers 2 vp andyou can chill 20 minutes till your comets come
27 Aug 2016, 02:02 AM

Well then you really should know how the enemy tech and what he has when he tech like that. Not knowing what the enemy is going to have is gonna be your downfall. At least check what the enemy have in all tech structures (Create a custom game as the faction you want to know, for example). Check the meta like nowadays how would an OKW or Ost player tech up, learn the signal that gonna reveal his teching plan and prepare yourself (This page and the people up here know and discuss a lot about the meta and such, you just have to search for the posts that have them).

Some players might seems to not enjoy taking stats into account while wanting to rely on ingame experience, which is not really a good idea. Of course, you don't have to be a nerd about all of those stats and such, but at least try to know which unit is stronger than that unit and stronger at what situation or weaker at what situation, etc. (Try this page: ‎http://stat.coh2.hu/ or just ask people around or you can figure it out by yourself through training)

That is the Airlanding Officer. That squad has 1 less model than the normal Commandos squad but he give good utility (The Officer Charge is very good when you need to assault a position). Usually, just give this squad 2 Brens since he can fire them on the move. The Commandos can do the same thing but since the Commandos can stealth so you have the option to choose either fire-power with duel Brens or stealth, flanking squad with high close-range DPS (Again, it's up to you to learn and decide when to do so)‎
28 Aug 2016, 03:26 AM

Get a HMG team and a Bren Carrier. OKW cant punish Bren Carrier until they buy a rakaten, so abuse it. Get squad sizes and 2 more tommies, or get a tommy and a sniper.Always tech and build an AEC if they have had more map control then you, and if you have seen mech truck.
26 Sep 2016, 19:37 PM

To me, OKW feel like a better brit.

So much arty, and even better inf with better nades.

Only thing I see brit doing better is using a sniper lol

Not to mention: better tanks. Its a wonder people play USF, better mortar and even better infantry. And you even have better elite infantry (paratroopers are recommended to fight okw)

The only counter to blobs is MG, which dies to the inf support gun. Commandos are somewhat good into OKW, but it doesn't help at all vs blobs
26 Sep 2016, 20:09 PM

Your BO is usually map dependant but i like to go UC (for kubel) then vickers then another tommies --> tech --> sappers or sniper. Spam trenches and cover everywhere. It will win all engagements until then tech flame nades. Always have your vickers far behind your tommies.

Don't worry about capping until youve forced off his initial attack. Use ALL your units together. Brits function similar to OStheer for the beginning engagements of the game. They need everyone fighting to force them off. Then cap. Use the UC to prevent harrassment and scout your flanks so he cant flank your vickers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★