Login

russian armor

Relic needs strategy tutorials.

• This thread is locked
23 Aug 2016, 20:47 PM

Not really saying I'm a strategy master so lets get that out of the way. But I've been in tons of frustrating situations in team games in these games. There are so many people who simply do not realize that their sector is far less important than another. A lot of people get stuck "in lanes" in team games. Where even if they do help another area it's a weak attempt or just some off-map barrage.

I think relic could benefit from shipping the game with not only game mechanic tutorials, but also a tutorial on general strategy. That explain things like - if your at 100 VP and your opponent has 500VP and your team only has 1 of 3 VP, taking a VP is actually a higher priority than holding ground - even if you've held that ground all game.

There have been dozens of scenarios (usually with randoms) where the competitive but it was lost due to obviously poor strategic decisions. I see all too many people (and I do it myself sometimes) get stuck in a viscous stalemate in their lane and forget there are other ways of doing things - like doubling up on a lane where by overwhelming that sector and then swinging around the flank the area you've been stuck at for half the game.
24 Aug 2016, 01:50 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

theres tutorials everywhere, including in the game already. Theres almost nothing that hasnt been covered in one way or another.

From there its up to people if they give enough of a shit to actually attempt to pay attention to detail and getting better like this.

Most at a low level ESPECIALLY in team games just dont give any fucks, mainly because theyre filthy casuals.
24 Aug 2016, 02:12 AM

I would have thought that was "the campaign".
24 Aug 2016, 15:38 PM

Not everyone plays the campaign. And it doesn't necessarily help with online strategy.

@ coookiez

I'm talking more about theory of strategy.
Relics tutorials just generally cover how to do stuff. If there was a tutorial that kept popping up before you started mp for the first few times they might watch it. It could make a difference. I'm sure even those filthy casuals want to win, but it seems like some people just don't get it. And I'm not talking nuances here. Just that it's about darned time we took a VP instead of just farting around with partisans or something.
25 Aug 2016, 09:19 AM

Those people probably wouldn't play a strat tutorial either.
25 Aug 2016, 10:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Aug 2016, 02:12 AMsquippy
I would have thought that was "the campaign".

The campaign tells you how to burn civilians and your own soldiers to make sure that the enemy can't advance. "strategy" lol.
25 Aug 2016, 13:12 PM

The campaign tells you how to burn civilians and your own soldiers to make sure that the enemy can't advance. "strategy" lol.

*Cough* *cough* It also learns you how to preserve units properly and usefullness of conscripts :D
1 Sep 2016, 13:29 PM

@ coookiez

I'm talking more about theory of strategy.
Relics tutorials just generally cover how to do stuff. If there was a tutorial that kept popping up before you started mp for the first few times they might watch it. It could make a difference. I'm sure even those filthy casuals want to win, but it seems like some people just don't get it. And I'm not talking nuances here. Just that it's about darned time we took a VP instead of just farting around with partisans or something.

Well, VPs are a quite interesting example. There are games in which people manage to win simply by focusing on them, but in my experience this focus turns out to be a trap in most cases. In the end of the battle I usually do well against similar skilled opponents if they gave the boring map away for some sexy VPs.
6 Nov 2016, 07:20 AM

I hate how high resources and non VP is even in this game lmao.

Campaign is such a waste of effort they could have literally made a new faction in that time :P

And you can learn how to play from playing more and the millions of other resources such as guides, vods, and replays as in every single RTS there is lol
V-T
13 Jan 2017, 10:59 AM

Communication, mentlegen!!

Ping your buddies, quick chat msg "Attak here in 2 min" or "recon here pls" will make a HUUUUUGE difference.

If you have a strategy, but your mate is not helping, it's a bad plan. Keep in mind, he/she/it/apache attack helicopter might have a masterplan of his own and you're not helping, but then appearently it's his fault for not telling you. Team game requires teamwork ;)

..of course, you just could get the krappy random returd as a team member. But that happens to all of us who play with random ppl.

EDIT:

No strategy book or guide can help you after the first contact with the enemy. Build orders, strategies, plans... It all goes down the drain, if you mess up with your units and get them killed. Strategy is one thing, tactics is another. And then the teamwork above it all.
14 Jan 2018, 06:02 AM

I hate how high resources and non VP is even in this game lmao.

Campaign is such a waste of effort they could have literally made a new faction in that time :P

And you can learn how to play from playing more and the millions of other resources such as guides, vods, and replays as in every single RTS there is lol

VP is just cancer to be honest. It's just an MG spam to the points and then fortify until you get tanks and then end it. Nobody played VP in the first COH, but then again that game was actually good.
14 Jan 2018, 13:24 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

@ The Red Death

nhiscoollast last logged into this site on 11 February 2017.

This is why we discourage necros.

/
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight