Login

russian armor

OKW later game AT

22 Aug 2016, 19:09 PM

I'm trying to get a hang of OKW. They're fun but an area I really struggle with is mid to late game AT vs medium tanks (specially soviets).

What do people generally use in 1v1 to counter them?

I've tried the raketen, but it's no PAK, it's not super good. A puma can work too but it's very micro intensive and fragile of course. I've also tried holding on for a Jagdpanzer. This is a great option but the tank truck is just so expensive.

What should my AT setup be if i want to not lose to tanks in 1v1?
22 Aug 2016, 20:50 PM
Donator 11

The last truck isn't more expensive than the tech your opponents need to get medium tanks. Its possible that you use too much fuel on light vehicles or hold too little territory.
23 Aug 2016, 01:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Use rakettens in pairs in cloak. Try and keep them alive, play really conservatively with them and use retreat, you want to get to vet 1. Once you get vet1 stay cloaked and run around the map together looking for tanks. Try and bait them to attack where they don't expect your rakettens to be. 2 volleys from the rakettens will kill a medium tank if they don't miss. at the very least they will vet up more and become stronker. Really strong against an unsuspecting opponent. You can also use their stealth to cap points and spot for you.
23 Aug 2016, 01:58 AM

Combined arms is your best bet. Raks, combined with smart use of mines and fausts for snaring can keep mediums at bay, a Puma can be deadly for pursuing and getting the kill shot on open maps which allow it to utilise its superior range. Shreck'd sturms can be a worthwile addition in some cases (i.e. you have loads of muns) but generally not a great choice as your primary AT. Putting your flak HQ in a good location (i.e. behind a shot blocker which precludes AT guns firing at max range) can also buy you time and help maintain map control against superior forces.

Once you get to t4 JP is great if the terrain allows. P4 can be good if you are facing t34/76 or it's a close map with less opportunity for enemy TDs, but against anything tougher you may be better to save for a panther.

There's no secret trick to it, facing tanks when you don't have any yourself is just hard, that goes for any faction.
23 Aug 2016, 10:21 AM

Doble raketen is your best bet. Try cloak and mines, it should do the trick. ALso have volks nearby to faust if tank flank at gun
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★