Login

russian armor

Fix for Blobbing / Rifle Terminators

19 Aug 2016, 15:55 PM

Before anyone loses their damn mind, take a look at my (shitty) playercard and realize that, though I'm not great, I play every faction.

People have been whining about grenadiers being weak, rifles and tommies being able to double-equip, etc. I noticed something the other day while watching volks with 5 vet stand in the open against tommies with double brens and still not drop models.

What if received accuracy vet bonuses were only applied in cover?

Think about it... veteran infantry get reduced accuracy bonuses because (at least within the game's narrative context) they know when to duck or make best use of cover. Limiting the RA buff to cover for all infantry would encourage tactical play and prevent blobs from running at MGs because without cover the squads would still drop models as if they had no vet.

This meets a realism check too, since no matter how amazing you are, dodging bullets while running over open ground is pretty much impossible.

Tell me why I'm wrong and this is stupid.
19 Aug 2016, 16:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While a pretty obviously more logical application of the bonus, this would require significant rebalancing for compensating close-combat units that more need their vet RA bonuses to hope to do their work.

Maaaaaaaannnnnn, AGs would be total shit in a world like that, instead of just pretty bad.
19 Aug 2016, 16:04 PM

yeah, AGs would suffer, but it'd encourage the use of CQB units in a shock or flanking role, rather than en masse.

i personally think AGs should receive a slight buff... maybe with increased accuracy or ROF in veterancy? i feel like they shouldn't consistently lose to REs.

panzer grens would probably be the most indirectly nerfed by this, since they rely on being able to close the distance without dropping too many models.
19 Aug 2016, 16:12 PM

Remove FRPs from USF, OKW and Brits.
No more blobs problems.

Simplest solutions are the best
19 Aug 2016, 16:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

panzer grens would probably be the most indirectly nerfed by this, since they rely on being able to close the distance without dropping too many models.

I'd say it'd be 50-50, while they'd definitely be hurt by being unable to close in after contact, they'd reliably wreck any Rifles charging from smoke regardless of their vet.
19 Aug 2016, 17:33 PM

This would only give severe advantage to the defender, making LMG infantry better and assault units worse, just leave the poor Riflemen alone.
19 Aug 2016, 17:48 PM

No more blobs problems.

And you immidiately get an MG spam against both USF and OKW...
19 Aug 2016, 17:57 PM

And you immidiately get an MG spam against both USF and OKW...

Awesome.

Few nades, mortars and ezy win as USF.
As OKW, it's aleady there (maxim) and yet OKW can deal with it.= without FHQ
19 Aug 2016, 18:04 PM

FHQ does encourage blobs, but double 1919s is also still a problem. Being able to assault MGs from the front is stupid.

If you are having troubles with blobs post a replay, in general blobs are very vulnerable to being outcapped.
19 Aug 2016, 20:05 PM

No more blobs problems.

For you 1v1 fans maybe, not so much for none-modded custom 3v3 and 4v4 games on larger maps.
19 Aug 2016, 20:09 PM

Games would get way too static.
19 Aug 2016, 20:13 PM

For you 1v1 fans maybe, not so much for none-modded custom 3v3 and 4v4 games on larger maps.

For 3v3 and 4v4 removing FRPs is even bigger advantage. Each insta reatring blob is going to stay out of battle for like a 2-3 minutes.
19 Aug 2016, 21:41 PM

No more blobs problems.

Damm truff! + 1

I also agree with the double m1919. I would like to see one m1919 per squad, but at the same time being able to also have a bar. This should go for all infantry, so no more double mg42 grens or double mg34 obers. I'm not sure that the Bren is as good as the m1919 stats-wise, so I don't really know if limiting 1 for tommies would be balanced.
19 Aug 2016, 21:53 PM

It's certainly a credible idea in principle.
19 Aug 2016, 22:22 PM

No more blobs problems.

how is forward retreat point related to blob?

the main enabler of blobbing is dual lmg and vet 3 ra bonus, not FRP. the extreme long range dps on a dual lmg combined with the high RA on the vet3 rifleman make cover and unit position trivial, leading to blobbing.
19 Aug 2016, 22:28 PM

how is forward retreat point related to blob?

the main enabler of blobbing is dual lmg and vet 3 ra bonus, not FRP. the extreme long range dps on a dual lmg combined with the high RA on the vet3 rifleman make cover and unit position trivial, leading to blobbing.

Really?

It is so so much related.

With Mjr retreat point, you don't have to worry about your blob being stopped. Just retreat and 30secs later your blob is on the frontline again. You dont lose map presence by bad micro.

Without FRPs you know, your whole army will be out of the field for like 2-3mins which is huge lose of map presence -> map control and it's truly punishing.

OKW doesnt have access to dual LMGs yet they blob as well mostly. Why? Becasue of FHQ, becasue blobbing is not that punishing since you can retreat without losing map presence.
19 Aug 2016, 22:29 PM

Really?

It is so so much related.

With Mjr retreat point, you don't have to worry about your blob being stopped. Just retreat and 30secs later your blob is on the frontline again. You dont lose map presence by bad micro.

Without FRPs you know, your whole army will be out of the field for like 2-3mins which is huge lose of map presence -> map control and it's truly punishing.

except without the high dps and high dodging bonus on the m1919a6 rifleman, a blob rifleman would just be bleeding themselves on the mg42 if they trying to repeatedly smash into the wehr line.

there's a difference between a blob of death and a blob that bleed the owner.
19 Aug 2016, 22:31 PM

except without the high dps and high RC on a m1919a6, a blob rifleman would just be bleeding themselves on the mg42 if they trying to blob.

there's a difference between a blob of death and a blob that bleed the owner.

Old Volks-schreck + fusiliers blob lacked of LMGs yet it was the best blob in game.
19 Aug 2016, 22:33 PM

Old Volks-schreck + fusiliers blob lacked of LMGs yet it was the best blob in game.

schreck have good anti-vehicle dps, and volks vet were a lot better than they are now. okw blob are a lot less effective now once those veterancy were taken away and the schreck removed.
19 Aug 2016, 22:34 PM

schreck have good anti-vehicle dps, and volks vet were a lot better than they are now. okw blob are a lot less effective now once those veterancy were taken away and the schreck removed.

And why we don't have issues with big ultimate Guards-Penals blob for example? Becasue SU lacks of FRP which makes blobbing easier, faster, less punishing. Give SU FRP and you gonna notice insane blobs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 89
unknown 5
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak